No announcement yet.

Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the Beavers taking Clarkson to the wire? (Big Grin)
    Greate statement for the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      How about the Beavers taking Clarkson to the wire? (Big Grin)
      Greate statement for the WCHA.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Tommies at BSU - Tommies can cement the 7 spot with 2 wins.
        UMD at MSU - can MSU get a point or 2? They look to have take a step forward in team speed.
        OSU at UM - looking for a pair of 0 - 0 ties in this one.
        St. C at UW - Fill The Bowl is a trap game for sure.
        Well it was a surprise to see BSU get the split.
        MSU and UMD were quite the shocker with UMD getting taken to OT twice.
        I called the 0 0 tie for the wrong series! Split is no surprise there.
        I totally called the Fiasco In The Bowl game.

Overall I think the WCHA has taken a big step forward this season with St, Cloud, ST T and MSU closing the gap to the big 4.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Overall I think the WCHA has taken a big step forward this season with St, Cloud, ST T and MSU closing the gap to the big 4.
          Unless everybody splits there will be top teams and bottom teams in any conference. That being said I do believe the WCHA is the strongest conference in women's hockey and I'll stand by it.

Comment

• I was shocked to see Ludwig trying his hand at reffing at the UW/St. Cl. series. I would have thought he was going to do the rodents and the yuckeyes. I guess the league felt that the UW series was more important than the other one mentioned. The shocking thing from Friday night was he actually called legit penalties vs not calling any at all. I sure think he's going to be in rodentapolis this weekend.

Tommies at Muzzy U. > Muzzies gonna Muzzinate.
            St. Cl at UMD. > St Cl. will get points.
            BSU at MSU. > MSU brooms will be out, sniffing 5th place.
            UW at rodent tunnelers U. > Too many darn tunnels to get through in 2 hrs. BADgers gonna leave rodentapolis hungry.

Comment

The shocking thing from Friday night was he actually called legit penalties vs not calling any at all.
              I have the impression that WCHA refs have a 2 penalty quota against each team in a game and after that it's anything goes on the ice. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I have the impression that WCHA refs have a 2 penalty quota against each team in a game and after that it's anything goes on the ice. Just saying.
                And they have to have 1.25 reviews per game also.

While we're on the subject, anyone else have local linesmen who wait like 3 seconds to blow the whistle on offsides? If you have to think about it that hard, then it didn't happen.

Comment

While we're on the subject, anyone else have local linesmen who wait like 3 seconds to blow the whistle on offsides? If you have to think about it that hard, then it didn't happen.
                  I don't think a review for offsides can be accurately done at Ohio State games. The cameras for review are on the outside of the boards at hip level on pivoting mounts. The problem is they stick out slightly into the walkway in front of the stands and people walking past knock them crooked every game. I've suggested several times it would be a simple matter to make and install a small cage around them to correct the problem but apparently my suggestions aren't reaching the right ears.

Comment

• In my opinion, a player is destined to be seriously injured unless refs Bradshaw and Ludwig figure out how to 1) recognize penalties, and 2) call them consistently. Uncalled boarding, holding, tripping, and roughing penalties are causing many games to descend into physical free-for-alls. Chippy play is becoming the norm rather than the exception. Does the WCHA still review the performance of its refs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                      Chippy play is becoming the norm rather than the exception.
                      Very interesting...In watching the 2nd Beanpot game between Harvard and bc, there was a play where #23 for bc (Cayla Barnes) crashed the net and that had the potential to turn into a chippy situation with the Goalie and defender for Harvard. To Barnes credit You could see where her actions and conversation quickly diffused the situation. Would like to see more of that in the WCHA.
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-09-2023, 11:49 AM.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• I've seen some pretty vicious hits this season go uncalled and then it invites the retaliatory hits. As much as we enjoy letting them play the refs do have an obligation to not let things get so out of hand that the risk of injury becomes significant. If the WCHA teams become ingrained to rough physical play those that make the NCAA tournament may find themselves in the box more than they're used to when non WCHA refs are working those games.
                        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-09-2023, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                          Does the WCHA still review the performance of its refs?
                          If they're in Minneapolis. Most games, Greg Shepherd is in the club seats at Ridder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                            If they're in Minneapolis. Most games, Greg Shepherd is in the club seats at Ridder.
                            So basically never.

Comment

• Back in the day we couldn't stand 3 particular CCHA refs. Wilkins, Sheggos & Piotrowski. Piotrowski was the worst and some moron made him head of Big Ten hockey officiating. There's simply no justice in the world!

Comment

• Right now, the WCHA web site has different standings point totals for Ohio State and Minnesota on their front page than they have on their 'standings page'... and I'm pretty sure BOTH are wrong! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X