No announcement yet.

Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Watching the TV coverage of Minn vs Duluth...)

Anybody know a good home remedy for seasickness?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      (Watching the TV coverage of Minn vs Duluth...)

I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that...That was like some little kid was running the camera.

Nice win for the Tunnelers...
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-27-2023, 06:06 PM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

(Watching the TV coverage of Minn vs Duluth...)

The camera work was very poor but the director wasn't doing anyone any favors either. The decisions about when (and why) to cut to another of the available cameras were not being made by someone who will be at the control board for this year's Stanley Cup finals.

Have you tried ginger (Chinese folk medicine remedy)?
        Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

I was wondering if someone was going to comment on that...That was like some little kid was running the camera.
          They were using a handheld camera right behind where we were sitting. I saw that, and was glad I hadn't planned to try to stream the game.

Comment

• I think I’ve figured out the cause of the highly frustrating camera work for the Big10+ streams on both Friday and Saturday in Duluth . On Saturday, I started out watching the Big10+ stream on my IPad while I finished watching the St. Cloud vs Bemidji game on TV, which was part of Bally Sports North’s Hockey Day Minnesota lineup. At some after that game ended I realized the Gopher Bulldog game was being broadcast on Fox9+ in the Twin Cities and switched over to it on my TV and the broadcast camera work was normal and what I would expect to see from a game in Duluth (as opposed to say, Columbus). The play-by-play guy was the same and both versions had access to the same replays. So, my suspicion is that the stream didn’t have simultaneous access to the camera showing things live in the TV broadcast. That would explain the weird camera selection for the bulk of the live action and the odd switching between cameras. I’ve checked Duluth TV listings and see that both games were broadcast locally, so that explains Friday’s stream as well.

Comment

• Tommies at BSU - Tommies can cement the 7 spot with 2 wins.
              UMD at MSU - can MSU get a point or 2? They look to have take a step forward in team speed.
              OSU at UM - looking for a pair of 0 - 0 ties in this one.
              St. C at UW - Fill The Bowl is a trap game for sure.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                UMD at MSU - can MSU get a point or 2? They look to have take a step forward in team speed.
                So far, through 2 periods of play the Landcows lead the Dogs 3-2...

Comment

So far, through 2 periods of play the Landcows lead the Dogs 3-2...
                  Did they say anything about Soderberg not playing? Just a 'day off', or something else?

Comment

Did they say anything about Soderberg not playing? Just a 'day off', or something else?
                    I didn't watch from the beggining so I don't know what the reason is...

Currently for me the video and audio are way out of sync...

Comment

I didn't watch from the beggining so I don't know what the reason is...

Currently for me the video and audio are way out of sync...
                      I had picture up by sound turned off. Yeah, it's way off. So far off I can't even tell which way!
                      Last edited by robertearle; 02-03-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Big turnover by the Landcows and UMD ties it at 3 late in the 3rd period.

And we've got bonus hockey. The Landcows had two great chances with about 25 seconds left to score the tie breaking goal...
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-03-2023, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I had picture up by sound turned off. Yeah, it's way off. So far off I can't even tell which way!
                          The audio is quite far behing the video.

Comment

• UMD with the OT winner...

Comment

• Some pretty darn good hockey and fan attendance for the WCHA last night. Wisconsin had the attendance in one game that would be greater than what almost all (especially eastern) teams get in a season.

Comment

Some pretty darn good hockey and fan attendance for the WCHA last night. Wisconsin had the attendance in one game that would be greater than what almost all (especially eastern) teams get in a season.
                                14K sold ($2 per ticket; students free, I think), maybe 7K in the building.

I said the same thing last 'Fill The Bowl': how do you make 7,000 people showing up for a women's hockey game seem like a disappointment? Tell them it's 14K.

(I never did see the 'sold vs scanned' for the 2020 FTB, but the three prior to that, the ratio was about two out of every three sold actually showed up. I highly doubt they got that ratio last night.)

----------

(I just tried again, and for some reason this time I did find a "scanned" number for the 2020 FTB; just like the others, two-thirds - 9696 of 14361 - tickets actually scanned in.)
                                Last edited by robertearle; 02-04-2023, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X