Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    The Badgers are 4 points behind with each team having 36 more points on the line. That kind of gap can be reversed in a single weekend.
    That's why I said "at this point", I agree it can change yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I've seen UMD and UM play in person and UMD is the better team.
      Probably true on the weekends that you watched them, but the Gophers had just lost Laitinen when they were in Madison, and Oden moved to the blue line to fill her spot so three lines were reconfigured. Now Laitinen is back, and the forward lines have at least had more time to adjust. UMD is still tighter defensively than UM. On their plus side, the Gophers aren't going to go 180 minutes scoring a single goal. Of that I'm confident.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

180 minutes scoring a single goal.
        107 shots on goal, one goal.

I don't know what to do with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          107 shots on goal, one goal.

I don't know what to do with that.
          Admittedly, that was against two of the top five statistical defenses, so it is unlikely to be repeated. For some reason, that is something that we have seen from time to time from the Badgers over the years. They will have long stretches where they are dominant, and the other team can barely get the puck out of the zone to change. Tons of offensive zone time, and it will produce what look like good scoring chances, but the puck just doesn't go in at the rate it should. You definitely have a roster where the dam can break and they will explode again, but it is a puzzler.

Comment

. On their plus side, the Gophers aren't going to go 180 minutes scoring a single goal. Of that I'm confident.
            As loose as D they play, that bet is a safe one.

So the WCHA did indeed sweep the weekend!

Full slate of league games....

WI at OSU
            St. Cl at MSU
            St. T at UM
            BSU at UMD
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

As loose as D they play, that bet is a safe one.
              Not sure that turning pucks over and failing to cover opponents around your own net makes it easier to score at the other end. If the problem was that their D were constantly down around the attacking net like they were playing Shannon's torpedo system, then I could see it.

Comment

Not sure that turning pucks over and failing to cover opponents around your own net makes it easier to score at the other end. If the problem was that their D were constantly down around the attacking net like they were playing Shannon's torpedo system, then I could see it.
                If you supposed to be covering someone in front of the net or in the corner and you are at the blueline.....

Comment

If you supposed to be covering someone in front of the net or in the corner and you are at the blueline.....
                  You're thinking of Watts.

Comment

You're thinking of Watts.
                    Not in a Cardinal and white uniform.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

Both St. Thomas and Bemidji have predominately Minnesota players. The Beavers have a pair of players from Alaska, several Canadians, and a player from North Dakota. St. Thomas has one Canadian, a player from Maine, a player from Alaska, two from Switzerland, one from Hungary(via Vermont), plus the Promersberger sisters from North Dakota. These two teams have a very similar composition.
                      I think Bemidji does have a harder time recruiting than any of the other colleges in the WCHA. They have given the Gophers many headaches in the past, and I hope that they get it together enough to keep pestering the highly ranked teams.
                      It's much more about coaching that it is recruiting. The bottom half of the league has to play a different style of hockey against the top half and secondly improve across the board as a team as the season moves on to be closer to the middle of the standings at the end between. The glaring difference between STT and BSU? Coaching. Does the 'buck stop' at the HC in the WCHA.

Comment

• This week...

UM at BSU.....bloodbath
                        OSU at St. Cloud....does OSU have a hangover? I doubt it.
                        MSU at WI....can WI win one game convincingly? Probably?
                        UMD at Tommies....bloodbath II

Comment

UMD at Tommies....bloodbath II
                          One of these days someone will let their guard down and be too complacent and the Tommies will shock them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

One of these days someone will let their guard down and be too complacent and the Tommies will shock them.
                            I'd be happy for this weekend for that to happen.

Looks like Muzzy has OSU locked in.

Comment

I'd be happy for this weekend for that to happen.
                              I think after the last St. Thomas/UMD game that will be unlikely.I expect UMD will be piling on.

Comment

Looks like Muzzy has OSU locked in.
                                I don't want to get ahead of things but if she keeps doing what she does and stays at OSU she may well establish a dynasty!

Comment

Working...
                                X