No announcement yet.

Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The linesmen in the WCHA tend to be more local, but the main refs travel extensively and are not found exclusively at one host. The crappy referees are shared throughout the league. But in all honesty, I would still take the call-nothing WCHA refs over those that I sometimes see in HEA where the arm goes up every time someone loses their skates.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• After 2 periods and another game yesterday I have to say it’s more incompetence than bias. These refs are bad. Putting aside the game changing phantom 5 minute major, the ridiculous face off violation penalties just scream that it’s about the refs and not the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Does OSU have an issue in goal or just horrible D zone play? A tie on the road in this game is practically a win for Colgate.
        I was at the 4-4 tie. It was disappointing. OSU had 2 horrible turnovers that led to breakaways and scores. OSU has had this bad turnover problem earlier in the season against weaker opponents so it didn’t matter. It stopped but was back for this game. So there is some horrible defense play at times but something doesn’t seem right sometimes with Thiele in goal. Yesterday Kirk played in the 6-2 win and was solid. OSU goalie stuff will work out by later in the season. Coach Muzerall has played 3 goalies this season and I’m sure Thiele and Kirk will get lots of playing time. Muzz will play the person who she feels will help the team the most.

Not to sell Colgate short, they are a talented physical team. Serdachny is one of the best players I’ve seen come into OSU to play against the Buckeyes. She is easily equal to Heise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
          After 2 periods and another game yesterday I have to say it’s more incompetence than bias. These refs are bad. Putting aside the game changing phantom 5 minute major, the ridiculous face off violation penalties just scream that it’s about the refs and not the game.
          We get the same officials for just about every game. The officials cause faceoff problems every game. Iffland is real bad at faceoffs. OSU has had many faceoff penalties at home this year. Just drop the puck. The faceoffs we’re especially bad in the 4-4 tie. The team of officials we’ve had lately let the teams play and then play gets too tough and then have have make up calls to get play under control. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
            The officials cause faceoff problems every game.
            Ohio State has gotten so many ridiculous delay of game penalties on faceoffs this season it makes me want to pull my hair out and at my age I can't afford to lose a single strand!
            Just drop the damn puck! Geez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
              After 2 periods and another game yesterday I have to say it’s more incompetence than bias. These refs are bad. Putting aside the game changing phantom 5 minute major, the ridiculous face off violation penalties just scream that it’s about the refs and not the game.
              Phantom 5 minute major? Colgate #14 cross checked OSU player in the head at the faceoff and put OSU player down on the ice. Easy to see in replays. The officials made the correct call.

Comment

• Thanksgiving got the best of me.....this week we have.

UM PSU - UM wins 5-1; SOG were 35-27 UM.
                UM Yale - looks like we'll see if Yale is worthy of their high ranking.

St. Cloud at Lindenwood; game one to St. Cloud 7-2

BSU Q - Q wins 5-0, shots were 39-18 Q. Interestingly they scored a goal within the first 2 minutes of the start of each period, including 17 seconds into the game.
                BSU - Sacred Heart
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Wow Yale scores 2 goals in the final 37 seconds of the 1st period. MN gets 2 ppg's, outshoots them 32-19 (only allows 8 sog over the last 2 periods), out faceoffs them, 37-27 but Yale prevails 4-3.

Comment

• St. Cloud gets the sweep, BSU gains a split in their tourney.

WI at BSU WI should take care of business against a scoring troubled BSU team and be ready to take over #1 if OSU slips.
                    OSU at UMD UMD has chance to stop the slide against the big 3, they are 1 - 5 against the big 3.
                    ST at SC St. Cloud's ascent will continue. They could be in 3rd place if they sweep and OSU and UM also sweep.
                    UM vs MSU home n home Can UM get out of this mini-funk against Kato? Tricky deal but they are locked into the top 3 in the league provided the tunnels don't get filled with water or gasoline.

Comment

• Looking forward to this weekend's OSU-UMD series at UMD. At least last season OSU broke the jinx and finally won on UMD's home ice.

Comment

• I like UMD being in 6th place in the league, not a fan of UW being in 3rd place, but UW being in 3rd is a bit of a product of playing 4 less league games than OSU and 2 less than UM. I would be a big fan of a UM/UMD first round match-up. Eliminate 1 set of maroon and gold uni's for sure.

No real surprises last night other than the Tommies making St. Cloud sweat for the whole game and Kato making the rodent fans sweat for half the game.

Comment

I like UMD being in 6th place in the league, not a fan of UW being in 3rd place, but UW being in 3rd is a bit of a product of playing 4 less league games than OSU and 2 less than UM. I would be a big fan of a UM/UMD first round match-up. Eliminate 1 set of maroon and gold uni's for sure.

No real surprises last night other than the Tommies making St. Cloud sweat for the whole game and Kato making the rodent fans sweat for half the game.
                          Minnesota isn't very good right now and now is the time to be playing them but Bemidji is just awful. All they seem to be able to do is provide very little resistance to the other teams padding their stats.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I like UMD being in 6th place in the league...
                            That's deceptive, because UMD is playing its fourth series already against OSU/UM/UW. The Bulldogs have yet to play St. Thomas or Bemidji, two teams that have 3 points combined.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• UW romps game 1 and BSU bounces back nicely in game 2 but still loses
                              UMD does get a split with OSU
                              UM handles Kato
                              Tommies made St. Cloud squirm a bit, kind of surprising.

Tommies at UMD. UMD gets to stack some points as ARM pointed out.
                              St Cloud / UM home n home. Rodent fans are downtrodden, St. Cloud is on the rise and in 4th place.
                              UW at Kato. UW's first series with Kato this season. UM did ok against them.
                              BSU OSU off.

Comment

• Holy handgrenades of Antioch Batman, the Tommies get 2 pts from UMD after getting throttled the game before. In other shocking news the rodents make easy work out of the Huskies.

Comment

Working...
                                X