Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Lindenwood managed to put up 0 shots that period and so far have been outshot 50-3 through 2 periods. They trail 3-0 and that is only because of their goalie.

I would ask myself why the heck am I watching this? Women's College hockey has to get more competitive than this.
    Beats watching paint dry. And you love your BADgers.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

UMD power play went 2 for 3 tonight including the tying goal and OT game winner. Penn State gets them for a neutral game site game tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Beats watching paint dry.
        As it turns out, I quit watching and did some furniture painting, so no, it didn't beat watching paint dry.

And you love your BADgers.
        Love isn't the word I would use...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Yes Clarkson College in Nebraska...I could be wrong but I thought that came from an article in the LA Times. At least the Clarkson posters on this board embrace it...

What is a bit funny is if you google Clarkson College nickname you get the "Golden Knights"
          Well, up until the mid 80s or so, we were (Thomas S.) Clarkson (Memorial) College of Technology. Vic & I both have diplomas with that name.

Hence "Let's Go Tech" is still chanted at rinks and CCT is still used in at least some circles. .
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Don't look now, the St. Cloud had a great game 1! And they have Jojo, which I had forgotten about. Her alone will be worth 4 wins they should not have gotten. I think they will finish 5th.

Sadly BSU got handled by the Nurses in what appears to be a handy fashion.

MSU gave OSU a little angst, eh? They score first and keep it a one goal game to the bitter end though getting doubles up on shots.

UMD was up 24-13 shots over PSU after 2, PSU outshot them by one in the 3rd, but scoring nil. 3 body checking calls in that game. Interesting.
            UMD has a back and forth game with St.L, handily outshooting them in the 1st and 3rd periods and ride the PP to the win.

Obviously UW should jump UMD and get back to 3rd on the poll. MN didn't do crap this weekend, so maybe even go to 2nd. If OSU struggles with Kato again, UW is #1.

Comment

Sadly BSU got handled by the Nurses in what appears to be a handy fashion.

A really pleasantly surprising final score from this Tech fans perspective. Watched the replay on ESPN+ late last night. Score could have been 8 or 9 to 0 as the knights had a number of one on none with the goalie due to some great passing springing the breakins that they did not convert. Jenna Goodwin's speed is amazing. Blew right by one defender but could not convert the breakaway. Nice to see Anne Cherkowski living up to her billing as a goal scorer with her 2 goals. Hope she can keep this up. The school is honoring their 6 Olympians; Rattray, Ambrose, Fast, Shelton (Canada), Harmon (USA) and Pejzlova (Czech) today with a banner raising ceremony before the 2PM game and then an autograph session after. And attendance to the game is free. LGT
              Last edited by vicb; 10-01-2022, 07:08 AM.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Obviously UW should jump UMD and get back to 3rd on the poll. MN.
                Really????? Are you joking? If anything the Penn State loss is looking worse. I get that on paper Wisconsin is a good chunk of the USA National team, but they need to consistently win games against a variety of quality college team opponents. Right now UMD has the edge.

Does NU have another game this weekend … perhaps you could jump over them as NU needed until mid third to take the lead over LIU.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                  Really????? Are you joking?
                  Wink.

BSU exacts a bit of revenge and ties the da fightin nurses, St. Cloud completes the sweep.

A full slate of league games this weekend.

St. Cloud at OSU. A reality check for St. Cloud? - OSU win/tie
                  BSU at UM. UM has been too afraid to play a real team yet, BSU has their teeth sharpened by the Nurses. - Split
                  MSU at UMD. Can MSU steal a win from UMD LOL. - Split
                  St. Thomas at UW. Will I get to say "More goals than shots!" 3 or 4 games in a row? SWEEEEEP UW

Comment

Will I get to say "More goals than shots!" 3 or 4 games in a row? SWEEEEEP UW
                    You're starting to remind me of TTT's posts over the first half of 2014-15 and all of 2015-16.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

St. Cloud at OSU. A reality check for St. Cloud? - OSU win/tie
                      Do you really think there will be a tie?
                      I think there will be things addressed in practice this week and we'll be even stronger this weekend. First games of the new season on home ice and officially honoring the National Championship will give OSU a lot of momentum going into this series.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        You're starting to remind me of TTT's posts over the first half of 2014-15 and all of 2015-16.
                        That was a fun time to be posting on this board.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Honestly when I do the over the top posts I am channeling T3. Maybe I need to shift it down a gear.

Comment

That was a fun time to be posting on this board.
                            So I shouldn't tone it down.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Do you really think there will be a tie?
                              I think there will be things addressed in practice this week and we'll be even stronger this weekend. First games of the new season on home ice and officially honoring the National Championship will give OSU a lot of momentum going into this series.
                              Game one is a typical trap game. Lots of distraction and an opponent you should wipe out but you underestimate them. Cloud will be dangerous this year.

Comment

Game one is a typical trap game. Lots of distraction and an opponent you should wipe out but you underestimate them. Cloud will be dangerous this year.
                                I won't underestimate any WCHA teams but I still think the odds will be in Ohio States favor for the reasons I stated in my previous post plus the number of experienced and talented players on the roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X