No announcement yet.

Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for pointing that out. It kind of reads like Nicole is telling us why Wisconsin is going to win, even as she is officially picking OSU.

This season could be similar to 2018-19 when it was clear in advance that UW, UM, BC, and Clarkson all had loaded rosters, but they had varying levels of success in putting those pieces together.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

In other games last weekend......

BSU sweeps Lindenwood 3-2 OT and 6-3
      UMD sweeps LIU 4-1 and 5-0

Upcoming games:
      Lindenwood at UW
      UMD at St. L / PSU
      OSU at Kato
      RPI at St. Cloud
      BSU at Clarkson

Looks like broomsville for the WCHA (wink), though I find myself rooting against UMD.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Upcoming games:
        BSU at Clarkson

Looks like broomsville for the WCHA (wink)...
        I'd guess that the nurses remember their trip to Bemidji last year and would like to repay the hospitality.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          I'd guess that the nurses remember their trip to Bemidji last year and would like to repay the hospitality.
          Most certainly would. As for their games against Sacred Heart they won 3-0 and 2-1. Totally dominated both games in terms of puck possession.
          1st game outshot SHU 90 to 19 with SOG 50 to 9. 2nd game SOG were 41-11.
          1/5 on the PP and 1/7 on the PK.
          Lost Frenette (F) and Petrie (F) (Harvard xfer) for the season due to leg injuries. They were also missing for the weekend B McQuigge (F) due to minor injury, their best D in Gosling due to COVID and Swiderski one of their best freshmen recruits is not rostered ( why??) but she is in school according to a posting on the Clarkson Roundtable.
          Scoring going forward based on what I saw in the SHU games is gonna be an issue IMHO. The defense and goaltending will be good. Not gonna win many games if they have to top 4 or 5 goals against.
          This weekend against BSU I expect low scoring affairs. Hoping for 2 Tech wins but would not be surprised if BSU splits or takes 2 and if one or both games go to OT.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post

Most certainly would. As for their games against Sacred Heart they won 3-0 and 2-1. Totally dominated both games in terms of puck possession.
            1st game outshot SHU 90 to 19 with SOG 50 to 9. 2nd game SOG were 41-11.
            1/5 on the PP and 1/7 on the PK.
            Lost Frenette (F) and Petrie (F) (Harvard xfer) for the season due to leg injuries. They were also missing for the weekend B McQuigge (F) due to minor injury, their best D in Gosling due to COVID and Swiderski one of their best freshmen recruits is not rostered ( why??) but she is in school according to a posting on the Clarkson Roundtable.
            Scoring going forward based on what I saw in the SHU games is gonna be an issue IMHO. The defense and goaltending will be good. Not gonna win many games if they have to top 4 or 5 goals against.
            This weekend against BSU I expect low scoring affairs. Hoping for 2 Tech wins but would not be surprised if BSU splits or takes 2 and if one or both games go to OT.
            Update from the Roundtable, Gosling and Swiderski will be in the lineup this weekend. Lets Go Tech.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              This weekend against BSU I expect low scoring affairs.
              I'd agree, but Lindenwood scored five goals versus the Beavers, and I'd expect you to have more pop than the Lions. Although three of those came on just 13 shots in the second game, so it may come down to what BSU has in net that particular day, which has largely determined its prospects in recent years.

Comment

Could someone fill me in on the nickname "nurses"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
                  Could someone fill me in on the nickname "nurses"?
                  At some point, around the time when the Golden Knights were ruining what had been a dream season for UW in 2016-17, some publication referred to the Clarkson women's hockey team as "Clarkson College", which would presumably be this school (at least I think this is the same one):
                  https://www.clarksoncollege.edu/nursing/

As the "what's/Watts" joke demonstrated, we are easily amused, so the Fighting Nurses live on in forum lore.

Comment

Originally posted by arm View Post
                    at some point, around the time when the golden knights were ruining what had been a dream season for uw in 2016-17, some publication referred to the clarkson women's hockey team as "clarkson college", which would presumably be this school (at least i think this is the same one):

as the "what's/watts" joke demonstrated, we are easily amused, so the fighting nurses live on in forum lore.

lets go fighting tech nurses!!!!!
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

At some point, around the time when the Golden Knights were ruining what had been a dream season for UW in 2016-17, some publication referred to the Clarkson women's hockey team as "Clarkson College", which would presumably be this school (at least I think this is the same one):

As the "what's/Watts" joke demonstrated, we are easily amused, so the Fighting Nurses live on in forum lore.
                      Yes Clarkson College in Nebraska...I could be wrong but I thought that came from an article in the LA Times. At least the Clarkson posters on this board embrace it...

What is a bit funny is if you google Clarkson College nickname you get the "Golden Knights"
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 09-28-2022, 02:35 PM.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        At least the Clarkson posters on this board embrace it...
                        I won't say nurses are easier to embrace, because that may come across as misogynistic, but I doubt that the 'Tech fans would have been as accepting had the mascot been something goofy (e.g. Gophers or other rodents) or surly (e.g. Badgers and other weasels).

Comment

Good commentary on each team's season-to-date results and what to expect from their opposing teams' matchups this weekend.

WCHA Notebook: What's happened and what's next to come
                          https://www.therinklive.com/womens-d...s-next-to-come
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Good night for the WCHA so far...

UMD defeats St Lawrence in OT 3-2
                            Wisconsin leads Lindenwood 1-0 after 1 period of play.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Good night for the WCHA so far...

UMD defeats St Lawrence in OT 3-2
                              Wisconsin leads Lindenwood 1-0 after 1 period of play.
                              UMD and St.Lawrence went to OT? Interesting!

Comment

Lindenwood managed to put up 0 shots that period and so far have been outshot 50-3 through 2 periods. They trail 3-0 and that is only because of their goalie.

I would ask myself why the heck am I watching this? Women's College hockey has to get more competitive than this.

Comment

Working...
                                X