Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wcha 2022-23

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

    What are the predictions for the big match-up? I have my doubts on both teams. UMD has 2 OT wins and a squeak out against MSU. OSU has 2 squeak out wins against MSU as well. OSU sweeps.
    UMD will come here with attitude, we have home ice in old barn. Who has the edge?
    It's going to be a *itch getting parking near the rink Saturday with football going on across the street. We have to be close as the wife is disabled and now myself as well.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-19-2022, 12:33 PM.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

      UMD will come here with attitude, we have home ice in old barn. Who has the edge?
      It's going to be a *itch getting parking near the rink Saturday with football going on across the street. We have to be close as the wife is disabled and now myself as well.
      Uber?
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        It's going to be a *itch getting parking near the rink Saturday with football going on across the street. We have to be close as the wife is disabled and now myself as well.
        That's a raw deal.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Uber?
          Never used it. The parking lot for the hockey games is free but on home football game days it's football parking at $20.00 a car. I'd pay it but having any open parking spaces with kickoff two hours before doors open at the rink would be doubtful.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-19-2022, 01:53 PM.

          Comment


          • #80
            Well this weekend is in the books but next weekend will be awesome and heartbreaking for some.
            You have the top 4 teams in the conference and in my opinion the top 4 in the counter playing each other with Minnesota at Ohio State and Minnesota Duluth at Wisconsin. Don't let Duluth's losses to Ohio State fool you, they are highly skilled and tough and will be quite challenging for the Badgers!
            I feel Ohio State will have the edge over Minnesota but will have to play as hard for the wins as they did against Duluth. There are no sure things next weekend.

            Comment


            • #81
              OSU got 5 of 6 points from UMD, and outshot them by a decent margin both games, which I at least was expecting.
              UW clobbered BSU, not shocking.
              MN sweat out 2 wins against St. Cloud, definitely a surprise.
              MSU sweeps the Tommies, not a shock, though only by 2 goals each game.

              This week....MEGA MATCHUP WEEK.

              All 4 series could be coinflips.

              Tommies at St. Cloud.....this one should be a sweep, but you never know.
              MSU at BSU..... I have not seen MSU play yet, BSU had a sum total of 1.5 periods against UW that were better than any other opponent who has played at WI. This one could be a split.
              UW at UMD.....UMD sharpened the sword against OSU, UW has O/D'ed on cupcakes. If UW can get out of the first period of game one not losing by more than 1, they will sweep they are just too deep. If the hole is too big to dig out of, split.
              UM at OSU.....UM not terribly impressive against St. Cloud, also enjoying the cupcake bar UW has been frequenting, OSU sharpened the sword against UMD. OSU sweeps.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

              Comment


              • #82
                Megaweekend starts today, what are your thoughts people?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Megaweekend starts today, what are your thoughts people?
                  However we view these teams relative to each other this morning isn't how we're likely to view them in four months. Right now, SCSU looks to me to be the strongest of the teams that finished in the bottom half in 2022, but the separation to MSU and/or BSU can disappear if a player or two emerges.

                  As much as fans of Wisconsin and Minnesota like their teams, only tOSU has a winning record versus contending teams (or what we think are contending teams). It's one thing to win when you're scoring a half dozen goals. The trick is to keep winning when you don't get close to that. We'll learn a little this weekend, but not much more than that.

                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Megaweekend starts today, what are your thoughts people?
                    The sun will come up Saturday morning no matter what happens to you team of choice tonight...

                    Oh and the Muzzinator has the Tunneler's number...
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by fiveholefrenzy View Post

                      oh and the muzzinator has the tunneler's number...
                      lol!!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

                        The sun will come up Saturday morning no matter what happens to you team of choice tonight...

                        Oh and the Muzzinator has the Tunneler's number...
                        They will have it if they get swept. Will there be shouts of "We're number 2!" ?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          It was quite a battle between the Buckeyes and Gophers. The Buckeyes had so many golder opportunities to score but just couldn't get it past the Gophers D and goalie. Minnesota got those oh so sweet chances and bounced that good teams turn into goals. Today's game should be a barn burner!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Given that Webster didn't play, how much does yesterday's Buckeyes/Gophers result even mean in terms of the relative strength of the teams? Once she switches sports, tOSU gets deeper and more talented. It's not like UM was able to control the game even w/o her. Last year, the Buckeyes established themselves as the team to beat, and thus far, I don't see that has changed.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Given that Webster didn't play, how much does yesterday's Buckeyes/Gophers result even mean in terms of the relative strength of the teams? Once she switches sports, tOSU gets deeper and more talented. It's not like UM was able to control the game even w/o her. Last year, the Buckeyes established themselves as the team to beat, and thus far, I don't see that has changed.
                              But should the Gophers somehow sweep today and remain undefeated at 7-0 wouldn't they then establish themselves as "the team to beat"?
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                But should the Gophers somehow sweep today and remain undefeated at 7-0 wouldn't they then establish themselves as "the team to beat"?
                                That would make sense. If they split I think OSU and Minnesota's rankings would remain unchanged.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X