X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy A
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Lindenwood managed to put up 0 shots that period and so far have been outshot 50-3 through 2 periods. They trail 3-0 and that is only because of their goalie.

I would ask myself why the heck am I watching this? Women's College hockey has to get more competitive than this.
    Beats watching paint dry. And you love your BADgers.

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Lindenwood managed to put up 0 shots that period and so far have been outshot 50-3 through 2 periods. They trail 3-0 and that is only because of their goalie.

I would ask myself why the heck am I watching this? Women's College hockey has to get more competitive than this.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Good night for the WCHA so far...

UMD defeats St Lawrence in OT 3-2
    Wisconsin leads Lindenwood 1-0 after 1 period of play.
    UMD and St.Lawrence went to OT? Interesting!

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Good night for the WCHA so far...

UMD defeats St Lawrence in OT 3-2
    Wisconsin leads Lindenwood 1-0 after 1 period of play.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied
    Good commentary on each team's season-to-date results and what to expect from their opposing teams' matchups this weekend.

WCHA Notebook: What's happened and what's next to come
    https://www.therinklive.com/womens-d...s-next-to-come

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    At least the Clarkson posters on this board embrace it...
    I won't say nurses are easier to embrace, because that may come across as misogynistic, but I doubt that the 'Tech fans would have been as accepting had the mascot been something goofy (e.g. Gophers or other rodents) or surly (e.g. Badgers and other weasels).

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Originally posted by ARM View Post
    At some point, around the time when the Golden Knights were ruining what had been a dream season for UW in 2016-17, some publication referred to the Clarkson women's hockey team as "Clarkson College", which would presumably be this school (at least I think this is the same one):
    https://www.clarksoncollege.edu/nursing/

As the "what's/Watts" joke demonstrated, we are easily amused, so the Fighting Nurses live on in forum lore.
    Yes Clarkson College in Nebraska...I could be wrong but I thought that came from an article in the LA Times. At least the Clarkson posters on this board embrace it...

What is a bit funny is if you google Clarkson College nickname you get the "Golden Knights"
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 09-28-2022, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Originally posted by arm View Post
    at some point, around the time when the golden knights were ruining what had been a dream season for uw in 2016-17, some publication referred to the clarkson women's hockey team as "clarkson college", which would presumably be this school (at least i think this is the same one):

as the "what's/watts" joke demonstrated, we are easily amused, so the fighting nurses live on in forum lore.

lets go fighting tech nurses!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    Originally posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Could someone fill me in on the nickname "nurses"?
    At some point, around the time when the Golden Knights were ruining what had been a dream season for UW in 2016-17, some publication referred to the Clarkson women's hockey team as "Clarkson College", which would presumably be this school (at least I think this is the same one):

As the "what's/Watts" joke demonstrated, we are easily amused, so the Fighting Nurses live on in forum lore.

Leave a comment:

• Gargoyle
    replied
    I'd guess that the nurses remember their trip to Bemidji last year and would like to repay the hospitality.
    Could someone fill me in on the nickname "nurses"?

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    Originally posted by vicb View Post
    This weekend against BSU I expect low scoring affairs.
    I'd agree, but Lindenwood scored five goals versus the Beavers, and I'd expect you to have more pop than the Lions. Although three of those came on just 13 shots in the second game, so it may come down to what BSU has in net that particular day, which has largely determined its prospects in recent years.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Originally posted by vicb View Post

Most certainly would. As for their games against Sacred Heart they won 3-0 and 2-1. Totally dominated both games in terms of puck possession.
    1st game outshot SHU 90 to 19 with SOG 50 to 9. 2nd game SOG were 41-11.
    1/5 on the PP and 1/7 on the PK.
    Lost Frenette (F) and Petrie (F) (Harvard xfer) for the season due to leg injuries. They were also missing for the weekend B McQuigge (F) due to minor injury, their best D in Gosling due to COVID and Swiderski one of their best freshmen recruits is not rostered ( why??) but she is in school according to a posting on the Clarkson Roundtable.
    Scoring going forward based on what I saw in the SHU games is gonna be an issue IMHO. The defense and goaltending will be good. Not gonna win many games if they have to top 4 or 5 goals against.
    This weekend against BSU I expect low scoring affairs. Hoping for 2 Tech wins but would not be surprised if BSU splits or takes 2 and if one or both games go to OT.
    Update from the Roundtable, Gosling and Swiderski will be in the lineup this weekend. Lets Go Tech.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    I'd guess that the nurses remember their trip to Bemidji last year and would like to repay the hospitality.
    Most certainly would. As for their games against Sacred Heart they won 3-0 and 2-1. Totally dominated both games in terms of puck possession.
    1st game outshot SHU 90 to 19 with SOG 50 to 9. 2nd game SOG were 41-11.
    1/5 on the PP and 1/7 on the PK.
    Lost Frenette (F) and Petrie (F) (Harvard xfer) for the season due to leg injuries. They were also missing for the weekend B McQuigge (F) due to minor injury, their best D in Gosling due to COVID and Swiderski one of their best freshmen recruits is not rostered ( why??) but she is in school according to a posting on the Clarkson Roundtable.
    Scoring going forward based on what I saw in the SHU games is gonna be an issue IMHO. The defense and goaltending will be good. Not gonna win many games if they have to top 4 or 5 goals against.
    This weekend against BSU I expect low scoring affairs. Hoping for 2 Tech wins but would not be surprised if BSU splits or takes 2 and if one or both games go to OT.

Leave a comment:

• ARM
    replied
    Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Upcoming games:
    BSU at Clarkson

Looks like broomsville for the WCHA (wink)...

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    In other games last weekend......

BSU sweeps Lindenwood 3-2 OT and 6-3
    UMD sweeps LIU 4-1 and 5-0

Upcoming games:
    Lindenwood at UW
    UMD at St. L / PSU
    OSU at Kato
    RPI at St. Cloud
    BSU at Clarkson

Looks like broomsville for the WCHA (wink), though I find myself rooting against UMD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X