BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
    I'm sure both Smigliani (6 goals last year) and Trimper (2 goals last year) are decent players but when you lose 2 Team USA players in Barnes and Bilka to OSU and lose Alexis Guay to Clarkson I think its pretty safe to say that you took a big step backwards as a program. Were exit interviews conducted ? I highly doubt it.

It sounds like the BC AD is completely clueless to what is going on with the WIH program which is really sad. The ship is sinking and no one gives a damn.
    You don't easily replace 2 Team USA players. That said, the team underperformed so there were some issues when they were on the team - coaching/chemistry/players whatever. New blood coming in. Some good freshman it looks like. Smigliani with 79 career points in a tougher league should add some offense and experience. Trimper looks like a solid player. You never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fathead View Post

You don't easily replace 2 Team USA players. That said, the team underperformed so there were some issues when they were on the team - coaching/chemistry/players whatever. New blood coming in. Some good freshman it looks like. Smigliani with 79 career points in a tougher league should add some offense and experience. Trimper looks like a solid player. You never know.
      I don't know much about how things will shake out with bc moving forward but putting that all aside for what's really important... Your moniker, i gotta say, is top notch. Definitely brought a smile to my face when I saw it.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        I don't know much about how things will shake out with bc moving forward but putting that all aside for what's really important... Your moniker, i gotta say, is top notch. Definitely brought a smile to my face when I saw it.
        IDK, I read "Fathead" and I think of a minnow, the one used for fishing. I think "FiveHoleFrenzy" may be the best one in the forum.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• I just looked at the 2023-2024 BCWIH roster. It looks like its going to be another long season for the maroon and gold. The only good news is that Northeastern is back to reality with Mueller graduating so Hockey East is wide open. I have never seen the league this weak.

Comment

I just looked at the 2023-2024 BCWIH roster. It looks like its going to be another long season for the maroon and gold. The only good news is that Northeastern is back to reality with Mueller graduating so Hockey East is wide open. I have never seen the league this weak.
            I think Watchorn will have BU rolling in no time.

have to think NU can reload fairly easily. Both USA hockey national team pedigree and Euro stars in their recent ranks. Losing M?ller will hurt a lot, but with Philips in net they will be no pushover.

I looked at the U18 festival roster from this past summer. I think Mass has the most representation. So, either they are still dominant in developing girls players or politics rule the day. Maybe a bit of both.

Comment

I just looked at the 2023-2024 BCWIH roster. It looks like its going to be another long season for the maroon and gold. The only good news is that Northeastern is back to reality with Mueller graduating so Hockey East is wide open. I have never seen the league this weak.
              I agree that the league is weak. That said, BC probably slots in at number 2 or 3 so that will not be the worst outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fathead View Post

I agree that the league is weak. That said, BC probably slots in at number 2 or 3 so that will not be the worst outcome.
                I guess we will know soon enough. However, BC landing at 2 is wishful thinking and 3 would be a pleasant surprise. NE, Prov, UVM and UConn are all better teams going into the year. IMO they will battle BU (who picked up the Maine twins) for 5/6.

Comment

• Originally posted by CROSS BAR View Post

I guess we will know soon enough. However, BC landing at 2 is wishful thinking and 3 would be a pleasant surprise. NE, Prov, UVM and UConn are all better teams going into the year. IMO they will battle BU (who picked up the Maine twins) for 5/6.
                  I don't know enough to argue but I just did a quick look at the Providence and UVM rosters and on both, 3 of the 4 top scorers from last year were graduate students who are gone now. I have no idea if they replaced them but based on that very superficial analysis, it looks like BC is bringing back more of its top scorers and added some punch so it will be interesting. Northeastern should certainly be the favorite. But I don't see any twins from Maine on their roster for this season.

Comment

• The only real answer is that the league is awful this year. It's pretty remarkable. Peers with the CHA for sure.

If we had Bilka and Barnes I'd like our shot at winning the league. But we don't, so, need to hope we get quick development of the young players, have Newhook go off, and get hot for single elimination hockey.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Outside of its best team, Hockey East has been peers with the CHA for some time. Personally I wouldn’t categorize 16 teams of women’s hockey players as awful but to each their own I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                        Personally I wouldn’t categorize 16 teams of women’s hockey players as awful but to each their own I guess.
                        Oh my God it's too early in the season for this lol

Comment

• Kinger named to the US Hockey Hall of Fame: https://www.bcinterruption.com/2023/...e-king-crowley

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Oh my God it's too early in the season for this lol
                            Classic T3! No one can touch his fastball.

(Oops . . . I shouldn't be here, but I couldn't resist. Bye.)

Comment

• “Yes NAHA is now in Boston and they are really struggling. I doubt they will be around in another 3-4 years. They simply can’t compete up here with all of these great prep school options”

This is a false statement about NAHA and now they are combined with a prep school for the education piece. I do not think they are struggling. Heck, the director went to BC and played hockey there. It is a better option. Way better. The players at NAHA develop way more and can play at a higher level in most cases. The best place for girls hockey development are NAHA, Shattuck, and Selects Academy. Chicago Mission and a few Michigan triple A teams, and the prep school girls that play triple A. Prep school hockey is not good. It is the triple A hockey that is good. If a prep player is not playing AAA and only prep school alone, in this day and age, they probably will not play college hockey. (This is for girls not boys).

Comment

• I didn't even know Miano is the NAHA director, that's awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X