No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vicb This is not about 1 player leaving BC. Are you aware of the number of talented players that have left the BCWIH program over the last 5-6 years ? It is a very high # and it includes Kazmaier winners, Olympians, All Americans. It also includes 2 members of the USA National team that won a world championship last night representing OHIO STATE ! This is really embarrassing for most BC people. It is such a tragedy that nothing has been done about it.

Time for a new coach

Comment

• I'll stick with Levy has used up her eligibility, but a close second could be maybe Colgate, Northeastern and Quinnipiac are getting the players they used to get. Recruiting and identifying talent that is going to shine at this level is harder said than done

Comment

• Look at this list. Who lost more talent in College Hockey this year by players wanting to transfer out?

Note, they are leaving Boston College for... let's say lessor known academic schools for Master programs.

It's embarrassing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=458977002

Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
        vicb This is not about 1 player leaving BC. Are you aware of the number of talented players that have left the BCWIH program over the last 5-6 years ? It is a very high # and it includes Kazmaier winners, Olympians, All Americans. It also includes 2 members of the USA National team that won a world championship last night representing OHIO STATE ! This is really embarrassing for most BC people. It is such a tragedy that nothing has been done about it.

Time for a new coach

Comment

• Cpl37 This isn't just about Barnes and Bilka leaving BC for OSU this spring. These are just 2 additions to an already long list of elite players who have decided to leave BC to go play elsewhere. Do we have any idea why these players are leaving ? Does anyone from BC Athletics reach out to these athletes and ask them what are you leaving ? I have no idea why the BC athletic people aren't trying to get to the bottom of this and try to find out why this disturbing trend continues to happen. It will take BCWIH years to recover from this. The days of BCWIH competing for a national Championship are OVER for the foreseeable future and everyone knows it except the people at BC.

I'm sorry this is just unacceptable. It is time for a new coach.

Comment

• The Bruins......yikes......is T3 ok?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              The Bruins......yikes......is T3 ok?
              It's okay I've long since been dead inside, the Bruins couldn't kill me anymore than I already am.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                It's okay I've long since been dead inside, the Bruins couldn't kill me anymore than I already am.
                Hopefully you enjoyed that season, it was incredible. Please don't feel depressed while flying that airplane......
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Hopefully you enjoyed that season, it was incredible. Please don't feel depressed while flying that airplane......
                  Flying the plane is the only thing that doesn't...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...let me down.

​​​​​
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Colgate forward Sammy Smigliani and UMaine Center Morgan Trimper to BC. Both Grad transfers..

Comment

• I'm sure both Smigliani (6 goals last year) and Trimper (2 goals last year) are decent players but when you lose 2 Team USA players in Barnes and Bilka to OSU and lose Alexis Guay to Clarkson I think its pretty safe to say that you took a big step backwards as a program. Were exit interviews conducted ? I highly doubt it.

It sounds like the BC AD is completely clueless to what is going on with the WIH program which is really sad. The ship is sinking and no one gives a damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                        I'm sure both Smigliani (6 goals last year) and Trimper (2 goals last year) are decent players but when you lose 2 Team USA players in Barnes and Bilka to OSU and lose Alexis Guay to Clarkson I think its pretty safe to say that you took a big step backwards as a program. Were exit interviews conducted ? I highly doubt it.

It sounds like the BC AD is completely clueless to what is going on with the WIH program which is really sad. The ship is sinking and no one gives a damn.
                        Obviously all of this bothers you as you keep saying the same thing over and over, however you may as well beat a dead horse if you didn't take it upon yourself to go in and talk to the coaching staff to voice your issues. Kids move on, kids graduate and want to try to win a championship, and it happens every year. How about, let's hope the team is able to build back to it's former power. Looking forward and not back. Go BC!

Comment

• You're damn right it bothers me ! Are you happy with the last 5-6 years ? This is Boston College WIH. Their record over that period of time speaks for itself. It is a complete embarrassment.

Go talk to the coaches ? And tell them how bad they are at their job ? Great idea ! I will give it a shot. Thanks for the idea.

Kids move on all the time ? From Boston College ? If you think that's normal than best to just disagree. There has clearly been a pattern here of BCs best players wanting to leave and this, to me is completely unacceptable. I could see 1-2 players looking to leave but when you see many of BCs best players looking to leave year after year that tells me that there is something seriously wrong up there and something needs to be done about it. Next season will be another stinker. And please don't tell me a 3rd or 4th place finish in Hockey East is a successful season. Hockey East is a joke on the National stage and everyone knows it. Northeastern will be just another average team next year and they have been carrying the water for Hockey East for 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vintage Dublin View Post

Obviously all of this bothers you as you keep saying the same thing over and over, however you may as well beat a dead horse if you didn't take it upon yourself to go in and talk to the coaching staff to voice your issues. Kids move on, kids graduate and want to try to win a championship, and it happens every year. How about, let's hope the team is able to build back to it's former power. Looking forward and not back. Go BC!
                            This is an interesting comment. "Kids graduate and want to try and win a championship....." soooooo they leave BC to do that....? I can understand if someone is leaving UConn or UVM to want to win a championship. But as many people here have said, BC should be where kids want to GO not want to LEAVE. And if it's seen as acceptable that top players (Patty Kazmaier winners as well as nominees) do not want to stay, then it puts into question the whole point of what the coaches are even doing with the program.

Comment

• This could be something for both Harvard and bc who have the need to go on a "trip" much like in the 60's when the experiments were actually legal. If nothing else the guitar work is worth the price of admission. (hopefully a little reprieve from downer that is Harvard and bc women's hockey)

(Bring Back) The Boston Rag

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                                Yes NAHA is now in Boston and they are really struggling. I doubt they will be around in another 3-4 years. They simply cant compete up here with all of these great prep school options

While on the subject of BC and their lazy recruiting efforts, legend has it that when the NAHA head coach contacted BC a few years back about Tessa Janecke (National Freshman of the year/now Team USA) that BC said that they had never heard of her and had no more room.

You just cant make this stuff up.
                                It definitely is a head shaker why BC does so little national recruiting. It really doesn't even need to put much effort in. There are legions of stories like this from top players the last few years who basically banged on the door at BC and couldn't even get a courtesy response.

Comment

Working...
                                X