No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so these are "bull**** opinions" Have you been living in a cave for the last 5 seasons ? Are you satisfied with another 5th place finish in Hockey East ? The total collapse of BC womens hockey program has become the talk of college hockey. Sorry but you seem to think its normal to have all of these players leave BC to pursue a National Championship. I do not. I am sick and tired of all of these players leaving BC to go elsewhere. It should not happen like this. We need to find out why these players all want to leave BC. The recruiting has been a huge issue for the last 5 years and it has really caught up to them. It is going to take some serious time and effort to fix this mess. It is time to make some changes and I'm sorry but it starts with the coach. BC is one of the top jobs in the country. Lets go get the best person available.

Comment

Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
      Ok so these are "bull**** opinions" Have you been living in a cave for the last 5 seasons ? Are you satisfied with another 5th place finish in Hockey East ? The total collapse of BC womens hockey program has become the talk of college hockey. Sorry but you seem to think its normal to have all of these players leave BC to pursue a National Championship. I do not. I am sick and tired of all of these players leaving BC to go elsewhere. It should not happen like this. We need to find out why these players all want to leave BC. The recruiting has been a huge issue for the last 5 years and it has really caught up to them. It is going to take some serious time and effort to fix this mess. It is time to make some changes and I'm sorry but it starts with the coach. BC is one of the top jobs in the country. Lets go get the best person available.
      I totally agree with this. Boston College should be one of the premier programs, and used to be a few years back. The fact that two top players don't want to return for a 5th year so they have a 'better chance' of winning a title somewhere else, speaks volumes of what the program is and more importantly, what the players think about the program. You have to remember that those girls committed when they were very young and BC was very good. Not anymore.

Comment

Stop getting in a tizzy that other people are checking in on different threads as the Ncaa's get sorted out and interest is buzzing. Of course everyone is interested in where Bilka and Barnes are going. Having a discourse keeps things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by pucko View Post
          I totally agree with this. Boston College should be one of the premier programs, and used to be a few years back. The fact that two top players don't want to return for a 5th year so they have a 'better chance' of winning a title somewhere else, speaks volumes of what the program is and more importantly, what the players think about the program. You have to remember that those girls committed when they were very young and BC was very good. Not anymore.
          BC is 5 years from winning their last of 5 consecutive HE titles, so yes those players committed when BC was highly successful. The last 5 years they have finished 4th, 4th, 2nd, 4th, 2nd. That is a trend that could get a coach on a warm seat in a weak conference. If MJ had this kind of record and missed the ncaa's 3 of out the last 5 years, I'd be very concerned as a WI fan, and that is with a coach who has delivered 6 Natties to date. KKC has zero.

As far as the ladies leaving because they want to chase a Natty, a guy can't blame them when BC has like a >1% chance to win a Natty next year. Not only has NE supplanted them in Hockey East, but Clarkson and OSU have as well nationally.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Look this is just a terrible situation right now at BCWIH. I can't imagine the BC athletic director is sitting there watching 2 of of the best players in the country leave Boston College because they want to try and win a national championship somewhere else. As I said in a previous post there has to be more to the story when 7 very talented players all want to leave BC within 5 years. It is totally embarrassing and I believe it is unacceptable. We arent talking about playing up in Orono Maine, we are talking about playing for Boston College!

Look I don't know anything about Coach Crowley. I'm sure she is a really nice person. All I can tell you Is that It is very obvious that significant changes have to be made. This has been going on for way too long and the results speak for themselves.

Comment

You know Grant I was just kidding awhile back when I said Barnes was going to jump ship and go to Ohio State through the transfer portal. Now it could become reality. Sorry!

Comment

Did anyone else watch Ohio State just absolutely destroy Northeastern in the NCAA Semi final game ? I believe OSU outshot NU 53-15. I also believe that I read that OSU took a total of 83 shots which is just an unbelievable number of shots. This is the same NU team that beat/dominated BC this year 5 times this year. OK so TTT can accuse me of piling on here and telling us that hes the only one that gives a crap but I really don't care. BC would lose to OSU by 10 goals. It wouldn't be a fair game. This is a great reason what I am so frustrated with Crowley and the state of the BC program. How could we fall so far and so fast ? From what I can tell we are best case 4-5 years away from competing again for an NCAA championship and that assumes the rebuild starts now and they actually do it right with a coach that knows what they are doing and more importantly keeps these kids from LEAVING BOSTON COLLEGE

Comment

Did anyone else watch Ohio State just absolutely destroy Northeastern in the NCAA Semi final game ? I believe OSU outshot NU 53-15.
                  I was at that game and the even strength shots on goal were 50-7!
                  I hear what you say about keeping players from jumping, it's one of the evils of the transfer portal.
                  I don't know how the Muzinator does it but her recruiting ability is off the chart and rumor has it she may pick up some of your girls but she's not spilling the beans to us fans.

Comment

That is a jaw dropping statistic. Northeastern has pretty much dominated everyone they played this year. You will be very happy if Muzzy gets Bilka or Barnes or both. They are both really good. Still makes my blood boil that Crowley has lost all these great players !

Comment

That is a jaw dropping statistic. Northeastern has pretty much dominated everyone they played this year. You will be very happy if Muzzy gets Bilka or Barnes or both. They are both really good. Still makes my blood boil that Crowley has lost all these great players !
                      Yeah, and I haven't seen Grant posting lately so his frustration must be overwhelming.

Comment

The word out of Columbus this week is that the Muzzinator has landed both Barnes and Bilka from BC. Both players are tremendous and will make a huge impact. The only good news for us BCWIH fans next year when we once again don't make the tournament is that we will have a team to root for. Go OSU Buckeyes

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Yeah, and I haven't seen Grant posting lately so his frustration must be overwhelming.
                          More sad than anything. Not really much to say that hasn't already been said. We'll be back at it next year. The rebuild has begun.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

For those that follow BC closely, where does the accountability lie with the lack of success over the last few years? You all seem to hail Bilka and Barnes and Levy, but those three players alone should be able to elevate the program if they are as good as advertised. Perhaps they don't have the same buy-in because their focus is USA Hockey? Or perhaps they only excel with heralded players around them and can't elevate those around them?

Comment

Rebuild ? Come on guy ! Its a rebuild because all of BCs best players decided to leave school and play elsewhere. This needs to stop and it needs to stop now.

It shouldn't be a rebuild but I guess that what happens when all of your best players decide to leave. I have followed Grant for years on the BC Interruption but unfortunately he has been drinking the BC Kool aid for way too long and refuses to ever come out and write anything negative about the BC coach or anything else about all of the issues that they have been having for years. I have listed, in previous posts the players that have left BC over the last 4-6 years. It is simply unacceptable and the people at BC need to take a hard look at this and find out why this continues to happen.

As far as the hockey is concerned tedlasso askes some very good questions. This is all 100% on Crowley. Besides having arguably the best goalie (Levy) Defenseman (Barnes) and winger (Bilka) in the country BC stunk last season. They lost to Maine and UNH when it really mattered late in the season. I have watched very good players come in a freshman and by the time they graduate they are average at best. It has been going on for years. Everyone knows BC hardly recruits. They have been lazy recruiters for 10 years and it has finally caught up to them. They have players on their roster that would struggle at the D3 level. My prediction for next year is that both Bilka and Barnes will be All American candidates at OSU. Possible Kazmaier finalists. They are both that good.

Is USA hockey more important to the BC players ? Probably, which is so sad. All I ever see on BC social media is Alex Carpenter this and Meg Keller that ! Forget about your Olympians who graduated 10 years ago and FIX THE PROGRAM. Remember the story about Bill Belichick when the Patriots had a bad season and he ordered all the pictures from previous Super Bowl winning teams removed from the facility ? Well that's what BC needs to do. No ones gives a hoot about what BC did 10 years ago ! I am tired of watching BC being an average team in an absolutely terrible Hockey East Conference.

I have posted this before and I will post it again. BCWIH needs a new head coach. This ship has been sinking for too long.

Comment

Bilka and Barnes to Ohio State.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ohio-s...023-24-season/

Comment

Working...
                                X