Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
    The guy is a legend, not just in the women's game but in also in men’s hockey. .
    Fixed your post.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

      "The phone is ringing?"..."Who the heck has this number.?" "What's that you say?" "The person on the other end of the line calls herself the Muzzinator?" "For real?" "The Muzzinator?" "Dang"..."Sounds like someone I should talk to..."
      Wisconsin has had a couple high-profile transfers come into their volleyball program this off-season who described the 'portal' process on podcasts, etc. And (keeping in mind there are something like eight times as many DI volleyball programs as women's hockey programs), they tell how within a matter of a very few minutes - literally a matter of three minutes, five minutes - of giving the final go-ahead to the school's compliance officer and their name 'hitting the portal', they received a number of phone calls and emails, and within the first hour, many dozens of contacts of one form or another. I don't know if 'the portal' is open for DI hockey right now, but when it does open, your guess is probably quite accurate as to how it will go.
      Last edited by robertearle; 03-05-2023, 03:12 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by robertearle View Post

        Wisconsin has had a couple high-profile transfers come into their volleyball program this off-season who described the 'portal' process on podcasts, etc. And (keeping in mind there are something like eight times as many DI volleyball programs as women's hockey programs), they tell how within a matter of a very few minutes - literally a matter of three minutes, five minutes - of giving the final go-ahead to the school's compliance officer and their name 'hitting the portal', they received a number of phone calls and emails, and within the first hour, many dozens of contacts of one form or another. I don't know if 'the portal' is open for DI hockey right now, but when it does open, your guess is probably quite accurate as to how it will go.
        For the heck of it, I googled when the portal opens for DI hockey: Coincidentally - or maybe not - the 60 portal window opens the day the NCAA tournament field is selected/announced! So maybe that's why we started hearing about possible player transfers yesterday/today.

        Comment


        • #49
          Ok so its pretty well known now that both Hannah Bilka and Kayla Barnes are now in the transfer portal. Can tonythetiger20 or someone else please try to explain to me what has happened to BC hockey over the last 4-5 years ? By my count they have had 7 very good players leave the program and nobody wants to talk about it. And please don't try to tell me that this is very common. Its not. There is obviously a lot going on at BC behind the scenes. In my opinion its going to take BC a long time to recover from this.

          Daryl Watts. Wisconsin. Won the Kaz
          Katelyn Lonergan. Clarkson. Kaz finalist
          Savannah Norcross. Minnesota.
          Hadley Hartmetz. Won NCAA at OSU
          Kayla Barnes. 2 time Olympian.
          Hannah Bilka. Team USA
          Alexi Guay. Team Canada

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
            Daryl Watts. Wisconsin. Won the Kaz
            Katelyn Lonergan. Clarkson. Kaz finalist
            Savannah Norcross. Minnesota.
            Hadley Hartmetz. Won NCAA at OSU
            Kayla Barnes. 2 time Olympian.
            Hannah Bilka. Team USA
            Alexi Guay. Team Canada
            I may have missed it but Is Barnes in the Transfer Portal?
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

            Comment


            • #51
              Yes, Barnes is in the portal. I am actually still pretty upset about this. There is no reason for all of these great players to leave BC unless they are really unhappy with Crowley and the state of the program. I had heard rumors of Watts and Lonergan being really unhappy with Crowley a few years ago but didn't really pay much attention to it. Crowley seems to get quite a bit of support on this message board. After these recent departures, I think its pretty obvious that it might be time for a new coach at BC. This is going to take a while to fix. Just a terrible situation

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                Yes, Barnes is in the portal. I am actually still pretty upset about this. There is no reason for all of these great players to leave BC unless they are really unhappy with Crowley and the state of the program. I had heard rumors of Watts and Lonergan being really unhappy with Crowley a few years ago but didn't really pay much attention to it. Crowley seems to get quite a bit of support on this message board. After these recent departures, I think its pretty obvious that it might be time for a new coach at BC. This is going to take a while to fix. Just a terrible situation
                Watts didn't say anything specific about Crowley or BC, but she was quoted as saying stuff like she hadn't been sure she even wanted to play hockey anymore, and how she re-discovered her love for the game playing at Wisconsin, etc etc. At the time I wondered how much of that might have been BC and how much was frustration with the Canadian national team people and whatever goes on between them and Watts.
                Last edited by robertearle; 03-11-2023, 01:53 PM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                  Crowley seems to get quite a bit of support on this message board.
                  Is there even another BC fan on this board these days beyond TTT? I guess if you view it as, "One of 17 people on this board is a supporter of the coach," then yeah. The rest of us are probably fairly content to have BC continue along at their current pace.

                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                    Ok so its pretty well known now that both Hannah Bilka and Kayla Barnes are now in the transfer portal. Can tonythetiger20 or someone else please try to explain to me what has happened to BC hockey over the last 4-5 years ? By my count they have had 7 very good players leave the program and nobody wants to talk about it. And please don't try to tell me that this is very common. Its not. There is obviously a lot going on at BC behind the scenes. In my opinion its going to take BC a long time to recover from this.

                    Daryl Watts. Wisconsin. Won the Kaz
                    Katelyn Lonergan. Clarkson. Kaz finalist
                    Savannah Norcross. Minnesota.
                    Hadley Hartmetz. Won NCAA at OSU
                    Kayla Barnes. 2 time Olympian.
                    Hannah Bilka. Team USA
                    Alexi Guay. Team Canada
                    -Watts dad made her transfer (for reaons i don’t know)
                    -Lonergan has done the same thing her entire career, it's her mo to move on from a school/team once she has an off year so take that for what you will
                    -Norcross left because her teammates didn't vote her captain (LOL)
                    -Hartmetz had to leave because her parents didnt want her to get the vaccine that bc was mandating
                    -Barnes, Bilka and Guay are looking to win a national title, BC is not there right now which is what I see the issue as

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by hockey1010 View Post
                      -Hartmetz had to leave because her parents didnt want her to get the vaccine that bc was mandating
                      Then it's strange that she transferred to Ohio State, which also mandates being vaccinated. I'm skeptical about your post.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

                        Then it's strange that she transferred to Ohio State, which also mandates being vaccinated. I'm skeptical about your post.
                        Easier to get an exemption there. Shoudlve included that in original post that she tried to stay at BC but wasn't granted an exemption.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          As a BCWIH fan I've been listening for years about all these really great reasons why all these great players are leaving BC. Sorry, TTT but I'm not buying it anymore. This is all on Coach Crowley. Enough is enough. It is time for a coaching change at BC. I really don't care about how many gold medals she won 25 years ago. The program is in big trouble and is clearly headed in the wrong direction. I have been watching this thing head in the wrong direction since that incredible almost undefeated season in 2015-2016. With no Barnes, Bilka, Guay, Brown and Levy next year I cant see them being anywhere else but a middle of the pack Hockey East team again next year. And BTW Hockey East is about as weak of a conference as its been in years ! Northeastern loses 2 games all year and is a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament. I just don't believe that BCWIH should ever be a 5th place team in Hockey East. It is just unacceptable and its been happening too much over the last 7 years and I am sick and tired of it. If this was the Football team they would have made a coaching change years ago. Time for a complete overhaul of BCWIH.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I really don't think it is that complicated on the latest two.

                            ​In my opinion there is no upside to Bilka and Barnes staying. It's not a far fetch that one might think "they can't be that good, they should be able to carry BC.". Now, the all world goalie has used up her eligibility and Levy was able to keep the team in many games. If you stay, you would really be exposed if your team is getting drummed. I don't know a thing about the BC back up goalies or the one coming in if there is one, but it is common to head for the exits on youth teams when you know you are going to get stuck with abysmal goalie play.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                              I don't know a thing about the BC back up goalies or the one coming in if there is one, but it is common to head for the exits on youth teams when you know you are going to get stuck with abysmal goalie play.
                              It would seem that with having a couple more years with an extra Covid class, barring something unforeseen like injury/illness, most programs will wind up with a decent goalie. I understand that an average replacement goalie won't be at the same level as Levy, but my expectation is that she'll be at least a couple of notches above abysmal.

                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Both Cayla and Hannah loved BC and are leaving with their degree. I don't know as much about Alexie but have no reason to suspect anything different. I can't blame any of them taking their 5th year to try to win a title. They will always be Eagles.

                                The people thinking BC's going to have shltty goaltending with Levy leaving don't have a clue what they're talking about.

                                Lastly -- I love how we had like 10 years or so of Frozen Fours and good seasons and this thread was always a ghost town. The team is down and suddenly all you "BC fans" come out of the woodwork to offer your bullshlt opinions and to revel in the struggles and plss on the team and the coach when you never cared enough in the first place to show up when things were good. All of you can F all the way off. Thank you.

                                EDIT: Except hockey1010, you can stay
                                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-12-2023, 02:11 PM.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14


                                Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X