Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by D2D View Post

    Best of luck in your recovery, whatever it is that's causing your symptoms. I'm under the weather too but I'm pretty sure it's just a bad cold.
    ARM, I hope you're fine after standing next to each other on the railing at the last home game!
    It feels like pneumonia. After nearly dieing from Covid I take possible respiratory infections seriously.
    I've been in the waiting room for over 8 hours now in the ER of Ohio States medical center.
    I hope you feel better too!

    Comment


    • #32
      That disallowed goal was the game changer. I don't think it should have been overturned. The girl was pushed deeper into the crease, made every effort to get out of the crease and didn't have enough contact to impede the goaltender's ability to play the puck.

      Comment


      • #33
        1st Hockey East game I have watched all season. Compared to the ECAC games I have seen, a MUCH less physical brand of play (at least in this game). Very little extra "pushes" or "checks" when 2 players met along the boards. As well as Levy played in the nets for BC the two goals she gave up were really a shame. The first one, Anderson, from in back of the goal line backhands a pass towards the crease that is going to barely miss the left goal post. Levy is sliding her left foot back towards the post and it looked like her skate stopped just before the post. She seemed to bring her leg back away from the post slightly to make a final push into the post. That left an opening between the skate and the post and the puck goes in off her skate into the net. The second goal Anderson is along the goal line near the corner and she fires a cross ice pass parallel to the goal line into the goal mouth. Levy is sliding away from Anderson across the crease to cover the back side goal post and it looks like the puck goes under her right pad, hits her left skate and deflects into the net.

        As for the no-goal, it looked to me like the BC player first and foremost tried to go between the NE player and the goal post and entered the crease without any help from the NE player. Maybe that is why they called no goal for player in the crease not because of goalie interference? Once in the crease the NE player did look to me to push the BC player into the goalie. It also looked to me like the NE goalie did a bit of enhanced flop onto her front side from the hit from behind.

        The game overall was fun to watch. Some great players on both teams.
        Last edited by vicb; 03-02-2023, 07:35 AM.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

        Comment


        • #34
          Anyone else hearing that both Hannah Bilka and Kayla Barnes are not returning to BC next season? Both of those players are 2 of the best players in the country. Why have so many talented players left BC over the last few years ?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
            Anyone else hearing that both Hannah Bilka and Kayla Barnes are not returning to BC next season? Both of those players are 2 of the best players in the country. Why have so many talented players left BC over the last few years ?
            Savannah Norcross has been my favorite Gopher since she transferred.

            Comment


            • #36
              Bilka is graduating in May. She will be a graduate transfer and is hoping to catch some USA Hockey eyeballs with a program that has a title shot. We're going to miss her, she was special.

              Barnes does not yet know what she's doing, or at least hasn't told the folks close to her yet (last I heard, which was very recent). She won't be transferring, but she may leave college to make some of that sweet USA Hockey cash. She's already been here for 6 years because of Olympic seasons. She's one year away from her master's, so if she stays one more season that'll be why.

              Alexie Guay also graduates in May. She is another one who is going to look to another graduate program for her 5th season.

              These graduate transfers are extremely common with the COVID year. IIRC this is the last year of 5 year eligibility.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14


              Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                IIRC this is the last year of 5 year eligibility.
                Two more years. Anyone who played in 2020-21 gets the extra year. So, players that are juniors this year get a 5th year. Players that are sophomores do not.

                https://www.ncsasports.org/coronavir...ty-coronavirus
                Last edited by Still Eeyore; 03-04-2023, 10:24 PM. Reason: Subject/verb agreement matters

                Comment


                • #38
                  On the recent girls, my guess would be that Levy has used up the eligibility and she was good enough to keep BC somewhat competitive along with what Tony has posted. I'll defer to others for Watts and Norcross.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                    On the recent girls, my guess would be that Levy has used up the eligibility and she was good enough to keep BC somewhat competitive along with what Tony has posted. I'll defer to others for Watts and Norcross.
                    Levy and Norcross are done after this year. Watts used up the last of her eligibility last year.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      IIRC this is the last year of 5 year eligibility.
                      Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                      Two more years. Anyone who played in 2020-21 gets the extra year. So, players that are juniors this year get a 5th year. Players that are sophomores do not.
                      Except for people like Lacy Eden and Abby Murphy, who played the Covid year but were then centralized last year. Those two still have three years of eligibility left.

                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Bilka is graduating in May. She will be a graduate transfer and is hoping to catch some USA Hockey eyeballs with a program that has a title shot. We're going to miss her, she was special.

                        Barnes does not yet know what she's doing, or at least hasn't told the folks close to her yet (last I heard, which was very recent). She won't be transferring, but she may leave college to make some of that sweet USA Hockey cash. She's already been here for 6 years because of Olympic seasons. She's one year away from her master's, so if she stays one more season that'll be why.

                        Alexie Guay also graduates in May. She is another one who is going to look to another graduate program for her 5th season.

                        These graduate transfers are extremely common with the COVID year. IIRC this is the last year of 5 year eligibility.
                        "The phone is ringing?"..."Who the heck has this number.?" "What's that you say?" "The person on the other end of the line calls herself the Muzzinator?" "For real?" "The Muzzinator?" "Dang"..."Sounds like someone I should talk to..."
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

                          "The phone is ringing?"..."Who the heck has this number.?" "What's that you say?" "The person on the other end of the line calls herself the Muzzinator?" "For real?" "The Muzzinator?" "Dang"..."Sounds like someone I should talk to..."
                          When Mark Johnson calls, people listen. Muzzy is a flash in the pan.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Anybody who has a chance to play for Mark Johnson should take it. The guy is a legend, not just in the women's game but in hockey. High character program, top women's facilities. Madtown is a great college town. Great academic school. Great sports school. B1G money. Maybe even some NIL money with how much support the program gets. Have no idea why anyone would pass that up.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Anybody who has a chance to play for Matt Desrosiers should take it. The guy is a great coach in the women's game. High character program, top women's facilities. Potsdam is a great college town ;-). Great academic school. No B1G money and probably not any NIL money. Sometimes money isn't everything.

                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                Anybody who has a chance to play for Matt Desrosiers should take it. The guy is a great coach in the women's game. High character program, top women's facilities. Potsdam is a great college town ;-). Great academic school. No B1G money and probably not any NIL money. Sometimes money isn't everything.
                                Clarkson really impressed this year for a program expected to have a down year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X