No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another season sweep by Northeastern over BC. I heard yesterday that BC is something like 2-16 in the last 18 games vs NU. I will say that again. BC is 2-16 vs Northeastern in its last 18 games. Please think about that for a minute. Hopefully TTT can come on again and defend Kinger and tell me that that stat is wrong.

I'm just curious is anyone else sick and tired of losing to NU ? For years it was NU has Mueller and Aurard and they are just better. Well guess what ?Mueller and Aurard are gone and BC is still getting their butts kicked. There is no question in my mind that BC is a better team on paper than NU but they are getting completely outcoached AGAIN ! BC was in great place at Christmas to win a regular season Hockey East title and now they look like they could possibly come in 4TH PLACE ! 4th PLACE ! Northeastern is clearly getting better at playoff time and BC continues to get worse. BC better figure it out next weekend vs UNH who also seems to be improving at the right time ! WHY CANT WE DO THAT ?

Sorry but this has been going on for too long. Enough is enough

Comment

• As a long tome BCWIH fan I am used to watching them struggle in February and March but the total collapse that I am watching this year from this team might be as bad as anything that I have ever seen. I believe that they lost their 5th straight game last night (maybe 6 out of 7) to fall in to 4th place in HE. In the weakest Hockey East league that I have ever seen. This is the same team that was in first place at the Christmas break. I don't believe they have made any lineup changes. Keep rolling out the same weak lineup night in and night out expecting a different result. I believe some people call that the definition of insanity.

How much longer do we have to watch this ? Are we just going to pray for a miracle that this team can win the HE tournament ? Where are you Blake James ? Please do something

Comment

• TRAINWRECK

I understand that either no one cares anymore about BCWIH or that they have just gotten used to them collapsing during the second half of every season but what we witnessed in 2024 is quite possibly the greatest collapse in the history of the program. Let me just share with you a few interesting stats.

1. BC has played 15 games in 2024
        2. BC has won 4 of those games. (Maine, HC, Merrimack, BU)
        3. Those 4 teams that BC beat are actually the 4 worst teams in Hockey East
        5. BC was winless in its last 6 games.
        6. As a result, BC finished in 4th place in Hockey East for at least the 3rd year in a row.

I have said it before and I will say it again. It is obviously time for a coaching change. This simply cant continue. This has been going on for too long. This is totally unacceptable. This is not personal. This is Boston College. I am embarrassed. It is time for Blake James to show he cares a little bit about BCWIH and do what he has done for football, men's hockey, woman's soccer etc., GO FIND THE BEST COACH AVAILABLE. I promise you that with a good coach this can be fixed fairly quickly. It cant get any worse.

Comment

• Girls hockey is all about recruiting now and unfortunately the transfer portal. BC was in the mix this year. The team lost a lot going into the season through graduation and transfers. If the coach didn't get the players to come there from the transfer portal think about the type of year that would have been.

Comment

• Reddington Are you joking me right now ? BC didn't recruit any good new players this year because their BEST PLAYERS LEFT THE PROGRAM AGAIN! Have you seen the list of BC players that have left BC for greener pastures over the last 5 years ?? Lets start with Bilka and Barnes this year at OSU. Bilka is the top scorer and Barnes the top Defenseman on the #1 team in the US. They have a great chance at a NCAA title. Good for them but makes me so flippin mad. How many current BC players are going to leave next week when they get knocked out of the playoffs ? I know nothing but I say the over/under is 2. And the only reason the others will stay is because they probably don't think anyone would want them elsewhere. Maybe they bring in a new coach and everything changes but I wont hold my my breath. Makes me sick to my stomach honestly

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
              Reddington Are you joking me right now ? BC didn't recruit any good new players this year because their BEST PLAYERS LEFT THE PROGRAM AGAIN! Have you seen the list of BC players that have left BC for greener pastures over the last 5 years ?? Lets start with Bilka and Barnes this year at OSU. Bilka is the top scorer and Barnes the top Defenseman on the #1 team in the US. They have a great chance at a NCAA title. Good for them but makes me so flippin mad. How many current BC players are going to leave next week when they get knocked out of the playoffs ? I know nothing but I say the over/under is 2. And the only reason the others will stay is because they probably don't think anyone would want them elsewhere. Maybe they bring in a new coach and everything changes but I wont hold my my breath. Makes me sick to my stomach honestly
              I think what Reddington was saying is that the team lost a ton when Barnes and Bilka left but imagine how bad this season would have been if they had not had Smigliani, Arnone and Trimper fall into their laps. The point is that it highlights your points that the recruiting has been lazy and the stories of top notch players who wanted to come to BC not even getting the courtesy of a response, are legion. Transfers would not be surprising. This team is outcoached every week and will likely be a first round knockout on Friday.

Comment

• Lol "fell into their lap." Anything good can't possibly be because of the coaches, got it.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Lol "fell into their lap." Anything good can't possibly be because of the coaches, got it.
                  Can't speak to Arnone but the coaches did nothing to get Trimper or Smigliani. Trimper has a connection with Blake James from Maine which facilitated. Smigliani had to get the Colgate coaches to make direct calls just to get any kind of response. BC's reputation in this regard is common knowledge. I like all of your work TTT but Reggie has this all correct unfortunately. The coaches did nothing to get these players. They literally fell into their lap.

Comment

• TTT is a huge BCWIH fan and I admire that about him but lets be honest here his close friendship with his buddy Kinger doesn't allow him to say anything negative on this board about her and I respect that. I really do.

However, like me, there are lots of other longtime BCWIH fans out there and every single one of them that I speak with are tired of this. Just FED UP. We have had enough of this below average performance that has been going on for far too long. Sorry but 3 - 4th place finishes in a row in Hockey East is mind boggling. Losing 20/22 to Northeastern speaks for itself.

Lets be honest, BC can still win HE and go to the NCAAS. I really believe that. Will that save Kingers job ? Probably. However if its ANOTHER embarrassing exit from the HE playoffs Id be shocked if they don't make a coaching change. This is nothing personal. The body of work over the last 5-6 years really speaks for itself. Remember, This is Boston College Hockey !

Comment

• A change in coaching is not always the rainbow that you think it will be . . . Take a look at Syracuse and Harvard as recent examples of changes that have not exactly worked out for those programs.

The all star goalie you had last year covered up a lot and coupled with the fact that the program lost two players to OSU, I think the team has surprisingly been in the mix in their conference. The late season swoon is a lot to take so I can see where your frustrations are coming from. The devil's advocate would be the coach had the team outperforming earlier in the year.

​​​​The best of luck to you in your conference playoffs.

Comment

• Reddington Thanks for your comments. I understand a coaching chance isn't always the answer but if you look at the track record over the last 5-6 years and the clear direction that this program is headed that its pretty obvious that its time for a change. No disrespect to Syracuse but this is Boston College. It is arguably the top job in the country.

The Harvard situation was also very different. They HAD to make a change because of off ice issues. BC could run a national search and I'm sure would get an incredible response from some of the top coaches in the country. This is Boston College. Its a dream job !

BC always plays its best hockey early in the season. Good coaches always have their teams playing their best hockey at the END of the season, when it matters most. These coaches cant do that. Not only does BC not improve, their teams usually get worse. Changing lines, positions, playing kids that haven't played all year etc. It is really hard to watch

Comment

• Reggie don't worry about it. I noticed that you had posted 5-6 posts in a row and no one replied. I thought it might be a good time to chime in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            A change in coaching is not always the rainbow that you think it will be . . . Take a look at Syracuse and Harvard as recent examples of changes that have not exactly worked out for those programs.
                            It worked out great for OSU and St. Cloud.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Reddington Thanks for thinking on me. Its nice to be able to chat with someone online about how painful this is. Its good for my mental health actually

Comment

• I'm very bummed out about the tunnelers who have gone down the tubes but then I come to this thread and it doesn't seem quite so bad. Minnesota still is a top five team even though they have fallen behind the sinners and yuckeyes. Finishing 3rd in a very strong WCHA conference isn't great but compared to bc finishing 4th in a weak Hockey East. Oh vay...

And as TimothyA correctly pointed out coaching changes can be very good for a program.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X