BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

The decline or success of a program is irrelevant to my making a comment about a single play. Why would such an insignificant thing be an issue for you?
    Reference TimothyA's post. He gets it...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      I love Kinger and we both think the other side is delulu about this. Welcome to USCHO.
      Do you love Kinger more than BC hockey? It appears so.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Do you love Kinger more than BC hockey? It appears so.
        What a colossally dickish and intentionally inflammatory thing to say. Timothy you're a good guy occasionally but honestly most of the time you're just kind of a $hithead.

Sorry \_(ツ)_/
        Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-26-2024, 10:06 PM.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Here's something more positive from yesterday: https://*****/Salzano14/status...868817835?s=19

Comment

What a colossally dickish and intentionally inflammatory thing to say. Timothy you're a good guy occasionally but honestly most of the time you're just kind of a $hithead.

Sorry \_(ツ)_/
            Apparently you are satisfied with the state of BC hockey, and that's ok, it's your team. It's hard to understand, but enjoy the ride. Take care and keep landing the plane wheels down.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Here's something more positive from yesterday: https://*****/Salzano14/status...868817835?s=19
              this is very sweet, thank you for sharing. Could see her excitement.

It speaks to the value of having a fan who knows what is going on beyond surface level of did we win or lose.

Comment

• Grant, refresh my memory:

today Minnesota beat Mankato 2-1 in overtime, and their NPI dropped like they had lost, from around 66.33 down to 65.27.

Is an OT win like a tie, ie a "half-loss"? Otherwise, that drop seems way too much for just adding a Mankato game to your overall percents, etc.

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  Grant, refresh my memory:

today Minnesota beat Mankato 2-1 in overtime, and their NPI dropped like they had lost, from around 66.33 down to 65.27.

Is an OT win like a tie, ie a "half-loss"? Otherwise, that drop seems way too much for just adding a Mankato game to your overall percents, etc.

Thanks.
                  It's roughly that -- because it's 3 on 3, the Pairwise no longer awards a full win for a victory in OT. Instead you get as much of a "win" as you'd get in league points: 2/3 points, or 0.667 of a win (and 0.333 of a loss).

Comment

• But seriously, the game was effectively an exhibition with non-conference games carrying no meaning and us playing at 5pm. This same exact thing happens every single year in the men's Beanpot too; the teams in the consolation game straight-up don't want to be there. It is what it is. On to Hockey East play.
                    I would be in favor of eliminating the consolation game for the men's and women's Beanpot. Serves no purpose, no one shows up except parents, friends, and roommates, and there's nothing to play for.

It's one thing if you're playing for a bronze medal; it's quite another when you can hear the players on the ice because the building is virtually empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                      I don't hate Kinger. I've never met Kinger. I'm sure she is a very nice person. I know she was also a great player 25 years ago. Buts she's a terrible hockey coach.

Like you, I also happen to love BC. I am so sick and tired of watching them lose. BC should be the top program in the East. Not Northeastern. This has been going on for way too long. Enough is enough. Time to make some changes.

I have come to this conclusion. Teams that are less talented and that BC beat earlier this season are now beating them. That is a clear indication of poor coaching. The weakest unit, the defense, has not improved at all. There seems to be no plan. This staff has lost a number of Olympic level players in the last few years and that should have sent a clear message. The lack of recruiting and refusal to change their ways seems to indicate coaches who are too comfortable and know that they are safe as long as they keep putting up at least a mediocre product every year. It is a shame because BC should easily be a top 10 team every year with any effort whatsoever.

Comment

• Fathead I am glad to read your post. Like you,I think a lot of BCWIH fans are starting to come around to what I have been saying for a while now on this board. It is time for a coaching change. The team has been heading in the wrong direction for years and there is no end in sight. Although TTT doesn't understand this, this is not personal. This is D1 womens hockey and BC has become a national embarrassment. They cant recruit, they cant develop and they certainly don't know how to run a bench in a close game. They have destroyed so many talented players. They have lost so many great players who left BC for 1 reason, that reason being the coaching. Watts, Lonergan, Norcross, Hartmetz, Guay, Bilka, Barnes. I wonder if any of the current seniors are also going to do a 5th year elsewhere. I think its a pretty good bet that they will lose at least 1-2 players again. I pray that I am wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

I would be in favor of eliminating the consolation game for the men's and women's Beanpot. Serves no purpose, no one shows up except parents, friends, and roommates, and there's nothing to play for.

It's one thing if you're playing for a bronze medal; it's quite another when you can hear the players on the ice because the building is virtually empty.
                          There are times when they matter, such as when you're in the running for an NCAA tournament at-large bid. You don't want to give up that extra non-conference game for a potential Pairwise boost. But with both teams out of the running except via the autobid, it really was effectively an exhibition. Add to that the disappointment in playing as the undercard to a championship both teams desperately want, and there's definitely a big, big lack of motivation. Definitely a common occurrence in both men's and women's.

I think the "non-conference games no longer matter to your season" thing is generally why so many non-conference games are early in the season -- teams generally aren't fully out of it yet when most non-conference games are happening earlier in the year. The Beanpot is a bit of an outlier there.

The league games are as big as ever, though -- the team has been struggling through some injuries, illnesses, and other situations causing players to miss time. Gotta turn things around quick though. This is a big weekend coming up.
                          Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-30-2024, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• I have no idea why I decided to go to Conte yesterday to watch BC play BU because because I walked out of there after just a horrendous 3-0 loss to a weak BU team saying to myself again here we go again with another late season collapse for the Eagles. I thought BC could win Hockey East this year but that seems to be slipping away and after watching yesterday I'm not sure that we can hold off NU for 3rd place. For anyone interested here are my observations.

1. The team is is not getting better. From what I can tell BU, NU, PC UCONN all seem to be getting better. But not BC
                            2. The BC PP is a complete gong show. They gave BU the first goal. Hard to watch
                            3. The BC defense core is really bad. They have too many out there that just don't belong. One of their best D is now playing forward which is really hard to understand considering she is now a senior and has probably not played forward in like 5-6 years !
                            4. BC cant keep leaning on their freshman. They need their upperclassman to step it up. 28,21, 24 are all really good players but have really have disappeared lately.
                            5. Still time to fix it but they need to do it now. Hockey East is wide open and the winner goes to the NCAAS so why not BC ? This weekend vs NU will tell me a lot !

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                              I have no idea why I decided to go to Conte yesterday to watch BC play BU because because I walked out of there after just a horrendous 3-0 loss to a weak BU team saying to myself again here we go again with another late season collapse for the Eagles. I thought BC could win Hockey East this year but that seems to be slipping away and after watching yesterday I'm not sure that we can hold off NU for 3rd place. For anyone interested here are my observations.

1. The team is is not getting better. From what I can tell BU, NU, PC UCONN all seem to be getting better. But not BC
                              2. The BC PP is a complete gong show. They gave BU the first goal. Hard to watch
                              3. The BC defense core is really bad. They have too many out there that just don't belong. One of their best D is now playing forward which is really hard to understand considering she is now a senior and has probably not played forward in like 5-6 years !
                              4. BC cant keep leaning on their freshman. They need their upperclassman to step it up. 28,21, 24 are all really good players but have really have disappeared lately.
                              5. Still time to fix it but they need to do it now. Hockey East is wide open and the winner goes to the NCAAS so why not BC ? This weekend vs NU will tell me a lot !
                              This analysis is spot on. The defense has 2 D1 caliber players. The coaching decisions and lineups are mystifying. Moving 26 to wing as punishment is shortsighted especially given that she has never played wing before. For weeks 13, 14, 24 were a great line and really showed chemistry. The only line that has shown chemistry all season. After a couple of slow games, the coaches decided to blow up everything. The new lines look bad. Three goals on Friday were as a result of great individual plays by 18 & 13 and an empty netter. Shut out on Saturday. They really need to go to 2 stacked lines and have a third line that can hang without giving up any goals. 13, 14, 18 & 21, 24, 28 would be the best options.

Comment

• If BC loaded up 2 lines (spot the 3rd) and went 5 D I think they would be really tough to beat. The issue with that strategy is the team looks to be out of shape (again)

Comment

Working...
                                X