No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a combo of playing better and HE being just not very good this year. Yesterday's first period was unwatchable. The def is still struggling to be consistent. Can't get the puck out, unforced turnovers, getting walked etc. Same stuff as all year. Definitely picked it up about half way through the game and put the gas peddle down in the third. Campbell made a game saving paddle save when it was 3-0 when BC messed up a 2 on 2 and allowed what should have been a tap in. Had it gone to 4-0 I think the outcome would have been different. Would like to see the third line chip in with a little more offense to give BC some more balance but they are a solid 3rd line and play hard. The top 6 do a good job of carrying the mail. They are a favorable match up with any other top six in the conference.

Comment

• Yeah I really like how the team is shaking out. Even the loss on Saturday was not terrible, close game on the road, sucked to lose the way they did but outshooting a good team 35-20 was nowhere near our M.O. of the last few years. I like our chances for the league and this season is going to be a much more enjoyable watch.

Newhook is the TRUTH, man. And Pellerin is legit.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Its been a few weeks so I'm Just curious if TonyTheTiger20 is still happy with the way things are "shaking out" with BCWIH ? To be clear I am not. BC is clearly the most talented team in the league (again) but its really frustrating to watch them play. This man to man defense they continue to play is just pathetic to watch. Does any other team in hockey play man to man defensive ? Absurd. They always seem to be chasing the puck. They have way to much talent in their top 6 to be this average. A Hockey East championship is there for the taking !

Also it is shocking to see the drop off in talent at Northeastern. I knew Mueller was good but I didn't expect them to get this bad this quickly. They have nothing. Flint is going to be having nightmares about not being able to get it done in the NCAAS with Mueller for a long long time. That ship has sailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
          Its been a few weeks so I'm Just curious if TonyTheTiger20 is still happy with the way things are "shaking out" with BCWIH ? To be clear I am not. BC is clearly the most talented team in the league (again) but its really frustrating to watch them play. This man to man defense they continue to play is just pathetic to watch. Does any other team in hockey play man to man defensive ? Absurd. They always seem to be chasing the puck. They have way to much talent in their top 6 to be this average. A Hockey East championship is there for the taking !

Also it is shocking to see the drop off in talent at Northeastern. I knew Mueller was good but I didn't expect them to get this bad this quickly. They have nothing. Flint is going to be having nightmares about not being able to get it done in the NCAAS with Mueller for a long long time. That ship has sailed.
          Lots of NHL teams play man-to-man.

Comment

Its been a few weeks so I'm Just curious if TonyTheTiger20 is still happy with the way things are "shaking out" with BCWIH ? To be clear I am not. BC is clearly the most talented team in the league (again) but its really frustrating to watch them play. This man to man defense they continue to play is just pathetic to watch. Does any other team in hockey play man to man defensive ? Absurd. They always seem to be chasing the puck. They have way to much talent in their top 6 to be this average. A Hockey East championship is there for the taking !

I thought the same thing when Northeastern played PSU early season, NE had zero offensive presence in those games.

Comment

Its been a few weeks so I'm Just curious if TonyTheTiger20 is still happy with the way things are "shaking out" with BCWIH ?
              Yeah, pretty much. Well in contention for the league title. Played NU in a really close, fun game in Gloucester, shots were 30-30, would have liked to see more with NU struggling but we're not going to win all of them. It was a really fun experience. I'd love it if we could make playing in a town rink an annual thing, the atmosphere was outstanding and the locals loved it. The place was stupid cold and it felt like a real throwback.

We're playing for the Hockey East and Beanpot trophies this year and seem to very clearly be one of the favorites for each of them, so yeah, no, I'm not too upset at the moment. Having locked up the tiebreaker with UConn is looking like it might be important -- that was a big series, and a big game this coming Saturday. I should be there in Storrs for that one.

I'd rather we were contending for the national title but that's obviously not happening for anyone in this league for a while. So why stress about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                I'd rather we were contending for the national title but that's obviously not happening for anyone in this league for a while. So why stress about it?
                Why not? It's more fun to read posts of stressed out fans of the teams they follow.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Women's Beanpot starts today with BC/BU and then Northeastern/Harvard. It's there for the taking for BC. The fundamental flaw on this team is its defense. If that unit can play to just an adequate level, BC should win. That has not always been the case this season.

Comment

Fathead Isn't that all on the coaching ? Its been like this for 6-7 straight years and it continues to get worse. The only good news is that Hockey East looks abysmal and they could actually finish in the top 3
                    I am coming around on this opinion. This team gets out coached regularly.

Comment

• Outcoached regularly ? Yes ! How about last night in the Beanpot ? What a debacle. I feel bad for those kids. They had no business losing to that BU team which I think was ranked 30 in the PW prior to the game. TTT can keep talking about his pal Kinger and how great she is but anyone that watched that game last night saw how badly she was outcoached - again ! They continue to roll out lines that make no sense, they continue to put players on the ice in key situations that have no business being on the ice and they refuse to make adjustments when the game gets really tight. As a BC fan it is beyond painful to watch. OK - now lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope BC can overcome the coaching and find a way to win Hockey East in March

Comment

Outcoached regularly ? Yes ! How about last night in the Beanpot ? What a debacle. I feel bad for those kids. They had no business losing to that BU team which I think was ranked 30 in the PW prior to the game. TTT can keep talking about his pal Kinger and how great she is but anyone that watched that game last night saw how badly she was outcoached - again ! They continue to roll out lines that make no sense, they continue to put players on the ice in key situations that have no business being on the ice and they refuse to make adjustments when the game gets really tight. As a BC fan it is beyond painful to watch. OK - now lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope BC can overcome the coaching and find a way to win Hockey East in March
                        You make a lot of good points and it relates to a lot of teams, but rolling lines does two things: it keeps the players happy for the most part and the coach can hide behind playing four lines to keep the first and second line fresh. There is often a third component in some instances in which the coach misevaluates talent and has players on the third and fourth lines that are really first and second liners. I'm not saying that applies to BC as I have not watched enough to make an opinion on that.

​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post

You make a lot of good points and it relates to a lot of teams, but rolling lines does two things: it keeps the players happy for the most part and the coach can hide behind playing four lines to keep the first and second line fresh. There is often a third component in some instances in which the coach misevaluates talent and has players on the third and fourth lines that are really first and second liners. I'm not saying that applies to BC as I have not watched enough to make an opinion on that.

​​
                          You are correct. In this case, the third component is not an issue. BC has 6 forwards that are top 6 forwards, spread among 3 lines. The second and third lines haven't scored a 5 on 5 goal since before Christmas. Its currently a one line team with a porous defense which cannot break out of its own zone. BU has much less talent overall, especially at forward and goalie, but their system was much better, their defense much better at moving the puck out and clearly they scouted BC as their forecheck was very hard and aggressive, which BC defense could not handle.

Comment

• I listened to an interview with Caroline Harvey and recruiting came up. She said WI and NE expressed interest and she was interested in Providence due to the location. One would have thought BC would have gone HARD for the best player from the east coast (and probably North America) who lived within a half hour of Bawstin, like went hard and made a distinct impression on her. Either they never did go after her or whatever they did do made zero impression on her that she would not mention them when specifically asked who was trying to recruit you.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Timothy A Yes I have heard that same story about Harvey. BC had no idea who she was. She is now arguably the best player in the NCAA. You really cant make this stuff up.

The best one of all has to be what I heard about Tessa Janecke from Penn State. Back up a few years and Janecke was playing at NAHA (located only a few miles from BC campus) and her coach at NAHA was Tony Miano a former standout player at BC back when they were actually good. Well the story goes that Janecke wanted to go to BC in the worst way and Miano called BC a bunch of times begging then to come watch Janecke play. BC not only never came to watch her play but supposedly they never even bothered to call Miano back !! Fast forward a few years and Janecke is now a sophomore at PSU where she was voted national freshman of the year last year (80 points in 60 games) and has had great success already with USA Hockey.

There are a few others as well that I will save for another time.

Comment

BC had no idea who she was ... You really cant make this stuff up.
                                Idk you seem to be doing so just fine

Comment

Working...
                                X