No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern lost to Merrimack 1-0. Hockey East actually might be worse than I thought this year. Now the NU has come back to earth with all the superstars leaving, whoever wins the league tournament this year will likely be the only Hockey East team in the NCAA tournament for 2nd year in a row which is really hard to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
      Northeastern lost to Merrimack 1-0. Hockey East actually might be worse than I thought this year. Now the NU has come back to earth with all the superstars leaving, whoever wins the league tournament this year will likely be the only Hockey East team in the NCAA tournament for 2nd year in a row which is really hard to believe.
      Oh yeah... it's gonna be a rough year for the league, alright. I don't even think whoever wins the league will be in an at-large position.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• SWEEP and tiebreaker secured

Let's go

Comment

• I have to give credit where credit is due and that was an impressive sweep by the Eagles. If they had lost those 2 games I'm afraid the season could have been over but now maybe a HE championship is in their sights ? I think its pretty obvious to all that with the Huskies losing to Merrimack that this thing is wide open !

Comment

I have to give credit where credit is due and that was an impressive sweep by the Eagles. If they had lost those 2 games I'm afraid the season could have been over but now maybe a HE championship is in their sights ? I think its pretty obvious to all that with the Huskies losing to Merrimack that this thing is wide open !
            Yeah let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

I have to give credit where credit is due and that was an impressive sweep by the Eagles. If they had lost those 2 games I'm afraid the season could have been over but now maybe a HE championship is in their sights ? I think its pretty obvious to all that with the Huskies losing to Merrimack that this thing is wide open !
              It looks like this team will go as far as the defense takes them. UCONN is a solid team but without any true offensive stars yet BC defense continued to get walked, throw pizzas into the middle of the ice and lose coverages. This can be cleaned up and needs to by the time BC sees Northeastern. The offense is entirely the top six, which is fine. Pellerin looks very skilled. Taber hasn't broken out yet but flashes speed and skill. Taking a little more time to adjust to the physicality of college hockey. Having Smigliani drop into their lap as a transfer has made a huge difference. Newhook and Roy are reunited and look excellent. Big goal by Newhook on Friday. Campbell in goal has been outstanding.
              Last edited by Fathead; 10-16-2023, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• I watched both games this weekend and I really didn't like what I saw. Holy Cross outplayed them for a good chunk of both games. BC first 2 lines are decent but their 3rd and 4th line get nothing done. The defense is fine against a weak team like HC but as a unit they are very average. The freshman all have some good potential but certainly aren't going to have a huge impact. The goalie looks solid but again its Holy Cross.

Northeastern lost to St Cloud State and have now already lost 3 games this year, UVM struggled with Merrimack, Providence is 1-5, so the magic question is .....are there any good teams in Hockey East this year ? It certainly doesn't look like it

Comment

• Maybe the good team is Merrimack hahaha

We're all doomed is what I'm saying

Comment

• I guess as bad as Hockey East is this year with only 1 team making the NCAAS the good news is that it should be a really exciting season with anyone being able to beat anyone. I don't think the conference has ever been like this before . It seems like just a huge talent gap between East teams and West teams.

BTW i noticed Hanna Bilka is leading OSU in scoring. Good for her. As much as I'm still ticked about it she clearly made the right decision to leave BC

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Maybe the good team is Merrimack hahaha

We're all doomed is what I'm saying
                      You can breathe a sigh of relief now. We have a lot of games to go.

Comment

• Caroline Goffredo scores 2 goals yesterday. I was wondering where she has been all year. Was she hurt ? Great to see her back she is a dynamic player

*** happened to Northeastern ? I knew Mueller was good but this is unbelievable

Comment

• BC has 2 commits on the US Under 18 squad. Maybe the coaches have realized that recruiting is important.

Comment

• Are the Eagles BACK???

Comment

Are the Eagles BACK???
                              Looks it!

Comment

Are the Eagles BACK???
                                Maybe not the up and down skilled line up BC has in past, but balanced scoring and good defense is what seems to make them tick. A little "Blue Collar" type of team. If they get away from that, they play like they did in 1st period. When they buzz, they hold other teams down and wait for the 4-5 goal scorers to go. Love they win a ton of face-offs

Comment

Working...
                                X