No announcement yet.

BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonyTheTiger20 Is anyone allowed to say anything negative on this board without you calling us trolls ? You seem to think this message board belongs to you and that anyone who has anything negative to say about BCWIH is not welcome. Grow up. I know you think your buddy Crowley is great and BC will be fine but many of us strongly disagree. Is calling the coaches lazy "slandering" them ? I don't think so. Their lack of recruiting over the last 6-8 years has cost them dearly. They have become the laughingstock of College Hockey which is an absolute shame because this never should have happened. "Everyone has an agenda" ? Why because we think BC should hire a new coach ? Have you looked at her body of work over the last 6-8 years ? It is ATROCIOUS. Top players don't want to come to BC anymore and the top players that are already at BC WANT TO LEAVE BC ! Sorry it is time for a change. This is totally embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by pucko View Post

What an embarrassing comment. The score was 12-2. So it's ok for a coach to "give up" and play all the backups since "they're going to lose anyway?" What program are you even talking about? Is this Boston College Women's Hockey or is this Union? The fact that there are people on this board that are dancing around the fact that BC is 0-4 to start, can't retain or recruit top talent, and have fallen so far from a NCAA berth that it's almost laughable. Crowley is the laziest recruiter in the league and it's finally starting to show. Kennedy is equally as a lazy, except she's arrogant and thinks the talent will come to her because she's helped coach a few USA teams. These coaches don't put the work in, they used to steal recruits last minute from other programs which is how they got Barnes, and they certainly don't know how to improve their players, and they've completely sunk what should ALWAYS be a top program.
      What's embarrassing is your inability to separate the status of the current team with the declination of the status of the BC program as a whole. No one disputes that the recruiting has declined and so has the status of the program. As someone who is not doing too well right now once said, you are what your record says you are. That doesn't mean that the coaches aren't trying to make this current team as good as it can be. Everyone knew that this team would start 0-4 against the number 9 & 1 teams in the country so your faux outrage is idiotic. The real season starts this weekend. Save your whining about the status of the program as a whole and your vendetta against the coaches for after the season.

Comment

• BC lacks the depth to contend for a Natty. WI just drove them into the ground with 3 lines and 3 d pairs Thursday and some 4th line play in the 3rd when it was out of hand. Can BC make a comeback with the current staff? That IS the question. It seems like it's not out of the question to consider a change.

One things BC has going for it over WI (and many others) is they have a ponytail notch in the back of the helmet to accommodate ponytails. Pretty cool idea.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
          Is anyone allowed to say anything negative on this board without you calling us trolls ?
          You are furiously typing out the same angry paragraph every time you log in. You are a troll.

Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
          "Everyone has an agenda" ? Why because we think BC should hire a new coach ?
          I am 10000% certain that if you came out from behind your anonymous username it would be crystal clear to everyone that you have an agenda or personal beef with the coaching staff.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            It seems like it's not out of the question to consider a change.
            Sure, it's not unreasonable to hold that opinion. It's not an opinion I'm on board with, but I can see why someone might feel that way. Having said that, it's not difficult to tell when someone's coming at it from the perspective of someone who's got some personal beef rather than from the perspective of a disappointed fan.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            One things BC has going for it over WI (and many others) is they have a ponytail notch in the back of the helmet to accommodate ponytails. Pretty cool idea.
            As someone who has always rocked the short cut this is something I'd have never even thought to notice... I wish I had came up with the patent for that!
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-09-2023, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• TonyTheTiger20 I'm sorry to disappoint you but there is no personal agenda here. I know anytime someone goes negative (which we have every right to do with how bad things are going) you just immediately default to the personal beef BS. Keep making a fool of yourself on this message board and tell everyone how great things are going at BCWIH. If this was the football or the other hockey program these coaches would have been let go years ago. Its time for a change at BCWIH and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                When the Lamoureux sisters were playing, they excelled at pulling the ponytails of the opposing players to knock them off stride. I saw that numerous times at Ridder where the refs were not in position to call the penalty. Ah, the bad old days!

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                  TonyTheTiger20 I'm sorry to disappoint you but there is no personal agenda here. I know anytime someone goes negative (which we have every right to do with how bad things are going) you just immediately default to the personal beef BS. Keep making a fool of yourself on this message board and tell everyone how great things are going at BCWIH. If this was the football or the other hockey program these coaches would have been let go years ago. Its time for a change at BCWIH and you know it.
                  Just my opinion, but it is not TTT making a fool of themself. If there is no personal agenda, there should be no personal attack. State your opinion and own it. Let others state theirs. You are being just like Shelift, just attacking people for their opinions. If TTT is positive on this board, do you think the decision makers at BC are going to read it and think, the USHO fan forum's TTT poster is being positive about our program, no way we are making any changes. So why attack?

Comment

• CROSS BAR OK- please accept my apology but also understand that TTT started it by calling me a "Troll"! I have very right to be incensed over the state of the BCWIH program. Its hard for me to understand how everyone isn't as frustrated as I am. Especially TTT !

Comment

• Originally posted by CROSS BAR View Post
                      You are being just like Shelift, just attacking people for their opinions.
                      Hey now, get my name right, will ya?! It's Shelfit, not Shelift, although I do keep trying to "lift" (advocate for) the need for more women in our game, particularly former players who aspire to coach at this level. If you haven't figured it out yet my name is the expression "shelf it" as in where to shoot the puck to score the glamor goal. Shelf it. Roof it. You get the idea.

Now to set things straight in your itty bitty brain. I don't attack people for their opinions. I attack stupidity, though, as exemplified by statements like yours. I also applaud those that truly get me because my "attacks" are with a lot of intended sacrcasm (a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain). Example: "your itty bitty brain." I don't really think your brain is small; I just think your statement was stupid and ignorant, but that doesn't mean I dislike you, nor do I think you shouldn't be allowed to state your opinions, no matter how dumb they are (insert winking emoji here). The truth is I respect posters like you, not like reggie.

As far as BC goes, they'll be just fine in spite of whatever dip they may be experiencing now. Just think of how all BC fans and supporters would feel if their history was like Union's, RPI's, Merrimack's, Mankato's, and several other D1 programs. Lots to be grateful for as a BC fan I should think. Let the complainers complain. Obviously there is a personal gripe here from reggie and maybe some others, but we're never going to be able to maturely debate with people like that. Most of you know I have very strong opinions that I post here and that's because I experienced the D1 game myself and saw a lot of good and bad things first hand. People like reggie will never be satisfied no matter their reasons for complaining. Look at the guy on the UNH thread that has been after their coach's head forever; he's the same way. It's a no-win situation with posters like that.
                      Last edited by shelfit; 10-10-2023, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post

Hey now, get my name right, will ya?! It's Shelfit, not Shelift, although I do keep trying to "lift" (advocate for) the need for more women in our game, particularly former players who aspire to coach at this level. If you haven't figured it out yet my name is the expression "shelf it" as in where to shoot the puck to score the glamor goal. Shelf it. Roof it. You get the idea.

Now to set things straight in your itty bitty brain. I don't attack people for their opinions. I attack stupidity, though, as exemplified by statements like yours. I also applaud those that truly get me because my "attacks" are with a lot of intended sacrcasm (a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain). Example: "your itty bitty brain." I don't really think your brain is small; I just think your statement was stupid and ignorant, but that doesn't mean I dislike you, nor do I think you shouldn't be allowed to state your opinions, no matter how dumb they are (insert winking emoji here). The truth is I respect posters like you, not like reggie.

As far as BC goes, they'll be just fine in spite of whatever dip they may be experiencing now. Just think of how all BC fans and supporters would feel if their history was like Union's, RPI's, Merrimack's, Mankato's, and several other D1 programs. Lots to be grateful for as a BC fan I should think. Let the complainers complain. Obviously there is a personal gripe here from reggie and maybe some others, but we're never going to be able to maturely debate with people like that. Most of you know I have very strong opinions that I post here and that's because I experienced the D1 game myself and saw a lot of good and bad things first hand. People like reggie will never be satisfied no matter their reasons for complaining. Look at the guy on the UNH thread that has been after their coach's head forever; he's the same way. It's a no-win situation with posters like that.
                        I didn't care enough to look your moniker up and although you may not know how to spell sarcasm, I give you credit for looking up the definition.

Comment

• Originally posted by CROSS BAR View Post

I didn't care enough to look your moniker up and although you may not know how to spell sarcasm, I give you credit for looking up the definition.
                          Lmao, a typo I missed and my autocorrect missed. Oh well. Nobody's perfect and apparently neither is our technology. ;D

As retorts go, yours is a feeble effort at best but I applaud the effort to try something smart. That's a step up for you.
                          Last edited by shelfit; 10-10-2023, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• bc is back in their happy place with Hockey Least games winning today in OT against UConn 4-3.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Big win for a number of reasons already discussed. On the positive side, the team battles and has a good top 6 and goaltending. On the negative the defense needs a lot of work. Trouble breaking out, lots of lost coverage covered up by good goaltending and some poor decision making in not making the easy right play. BC controlled the second period in what was easily its best period of the season. Questionable call by the refs late in the 3rd gave UCONN the power play it tied the game on. Will be interesting to see tomorrow.

Comment

• First time back at Conte in a good while... such a blast and was cool to see so many BCWH alums who were there for Dixie McCoy night. The throwback jerseys were awesome.

Second period was exceptional. Haven't seen us play that well in a minute. First period wasn't great but it was a nice turnaround and I thought we deserved the W.

Newhook is a real G. Nice to beat UConn with me in attendance for once, felt like we were like 0-758 against them when I go...

Comment

Working...
                                X