BC Women's Hockey 2023: Back In Contention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
    The lack of recruiting and the inability to keep players at BC for 4 years in the root of the problem. The problem is only getting worse because top players around the country no longer want to come to BC. They know that they wont develop and likely will never play in an NCAA tournament game. How could a top player possibly choose BC over a Wisco, Minnesota or OSU if they want to play at the highest level ? The program has fallen off a cliff and everyone wants to pretend like everything is fine.
    Do you have anything to say about the games that I doubt you watched or are you just going to keep busting down the door to say the same shit every day for the next 6 months? We get it, dude.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-03-2023, 02:05 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• TonyTheTiger20 No. You're the one that doesn't get it dude ! Your cheerleading for all things BCWIH over the last 5-6 years while watching the program fall off a cliff and your refusal to ever say anything negative about the program is something that I will never understand. I know you like the coaches personally, everyone likes the coaches personally, but there has been a huge problem up there for years and no one ever wants to acknowledge it.

Comment

• Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
        Your cheerleading for all things BCWIH over the last 5-6 years
        Thanks? lol

Also this will be year number 18 but who's counting

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Thanks? lol

Also this will be year number 18 but who's counting
          Tell us again the story of bringing the tiny trumpet to Ridder Arena.
          Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post

Tell us again the story of bringing the tiny trumpet to Ridder Arena.
            Man those were the days. That feels like ten lifetimes ago. I didn't realize I brought the trumpet out there at one point. I've been to Ridder a few times... I'm guessing this one was probably the NCAA quarterfinal where we gave the Gophers a scare as the 8 seed.

I am pretty sure that was the trip where I took Amtrak from Boston > Minneapolis > Boston. That was an amazing trip. Way better than the Greyhound bus out there to see Allie Thunstrom score a couple on you guys the year before! haha

Comment

• Good fight tonight. Cool to see them playing with a lead against the Badgers. The played with some heart even down 2 late. This is a brutal stretch to start the season but a nice change of pace to the easy starts of the past few years. Hopefully this gives the team a bit of a "ok we can hang with anyone" vibe.

Comment

• Also Arnone looked pretty legit

Comment

• We can hang with anybody ? Is that the new standard for BCWIH ? Yikes. Did YOU watch the game because it really wasn't as close as the score would indicate. BC gave up 56 shots. That is a just ton of shots to give up.

Yes I actually did watch the game (spent 49$) and actually saw some decent things. The highlight was clearly Grace Campbell in net. She played a tremendous game and made some Levy like saves which was great to see. I think she will keep BC in most of the Hockey East games for sure. It looked like BC was only playing 4-5 D to me and they were exhausted by the 3rd period. It is hard to play defense against a team like that when you are chasing the puck most of the night. Hopefully #28 and #21 step it up soon. BC needs a lot more from them.

Comment

• BC has some quality pieces, but the SOG tell the story. I expect WI to be more locked own on D and not cough up so many quality scoring chances tonight. BC was gassed in the 3rd. I thought once UW got the lead later in the game all they had to was avoid a BC PP as they were playing better D.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Yeah so that was definitely less good lol

Comment

• At least bc was able to hold the sinners to 17 goals for the series...That's 5 better than the lion cubs gave up to the sinners. So there is that...
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• The score is somewhat misleading in that once it got to a 5 or 6 goal lead midway through the 2nd, BC opted to go with the freshman backup goalie (who played reasonably well) and roll the 3rd and 4th lines. (I assume Wisco was probably doing the same by that point but their 3/4th lines are much stronger than BC). Given that BC was never going to win this game, its an understandable strategy to try and get this team prepared for UCONN. Time to turn the page and really see what this team will be in HE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fathead View Post
                            The score is somewhat misleading in that once it got to a 5 or 6 goal lead midway through the 2nd, BC opted to go with the freshman backup goalie (who played reasonably well) and roll the 3rd and 4th lines. (I assume Wisco was probably doing the same by that point but their 3/4th lines are much stronger than BC). Given that BC was never going to win this game, its an understandable strategy to try and get this team prepared for UCONN. Time to turn the page and really see what this team will be in HE.
                            What an embarrassing comment. The score was 12-2. So it's ok for a coach to "give up" and play all the backups since "they're going to lose anyway?" What program are you even talking about? Is this Boston College Women's Hockey or is this Union? The fact that there are people on this board that are dancing around the fact that BC is 0-4 to start, can't retain or recruit top talent, and have fallen so far from a NCAA berth that it's almost laughable. Crowley is the laziest recruiter in the league and it's finally starting to show. Kennedy is equally as a lazy, except she's arrogant and thinks the talent will come to her because she's helped coach a few USA teams. These coaches don't put the work in, they used to steal recruits last minute from other programs which is how they got Barnes, and they certainly don't know how to improve their players, and they've completely sunk what should ALWAYS be a top program.

Comment

• Love the internet toughguys/gals coming out of the woodwork to anonymously slander people without attaching their name to it. Everyone's got an agenda.

Comment

• Probably has multiple pronouns too

Comment

Working...
                                X