• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to article

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/01/...womens-hockey/

Comment

Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
      ouch!!!
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Given all the turmoil it's pretty amazing they somehow managed to score seven and beat Cornell 7-6.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I agree. That is a shocking score. Amazingly, It looks like Harvard only has 11 forwards dressed after a few kids quit and than another player was recently kicked off the team by Coach Stone. It will be very interesting to see if Coach Stone survives this. I honestly don't see how she returns next season.

Comment

Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
            Article is out today on the Globe website. Worse than expected. I don't see how she Coach Stone keeps her job.
            Just finished reading the article. The stories told to me by former players and parents now make total sense. This is sad on so many levels. I can imagine that the pressure to succeed at the D-1 level is to blame for some but not all of what's in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Given all the turmoil it's pretty amazing they somehow managed to score seven and beat Cornell 7-6.
              Tell me about it. I was shocked that they were even in the game. Doesn't say much for Cornell. That #10 ranking seems a bit generous to me.

Comment

Maybe it's telling. Maybe not. But none of the program's "stars" from the past except for Julie Chu were quoted. Players such as AJ Mleczko, Jennifer Botterill, Sarah Vaillancourt, and Tammy Shewchuk. Were they interviewed and declined to be named? Did they know something about the hazing and other activities and chose not to comment? Both AJ and Jennifer have prominent positions in hockey as national broadcasters. They are trailblazers. Supporting comments from them would be significant. As is the absence of their input.
                Last edited by Skate79; 01-28-2023, 09:51 AM.

Comment

So sorry to hear all this. I'm afraid it's more common than we all realize. Just this week, former players posting on Tiktok about the West Virginia volleyball coach, and maybe a year ago tiktoks and a published article about the Indiana volleyball coach.

She was happy to be injured, so as to not have to go to practice, and actively sabotaged her recovery.

https://www.tiktok.com/@slongadongsl..._t=8ZJDIVcfG2t

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Cornell has no issues scoring (in bunches). It's in their defense and especially goaltending that is their issue. Cornell Goals for, 59 in 15 games, second to Colgate's 64 in 16 games played. Cornell Goals given up, 52. Only Union with 60 goals given up in 16 games has given up more goals. Harvard has scored 38 and given up 45 in 17 games. So going into yesterdays game, Harvard was scoring less than 2 goals per game in the ECAC and then gets 7. Go figure.
                    Last edited by vicb; 01-28-2023, 01:16 PM.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Don't let the final score of today's game fool you. Colgate was all over Harvard from the drop of the puck and it wasn't close. Yes, the Crimson cut the deficit to 2-1 but the Raiders were not going to lose this game. They spent the majority of the game in the Harvard zone and the shot totals tell the story. Pellicci was under siege all afternoon.

Paige Lester did not dress today. Not sure if it was an injury or something else. Left an already shorthanded team thinner and less experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

True about finding unhappy players at different programs. Nothing is ever rainbows and show ponies. I would imagine that if Hohler spoke with AJ Mleczko and Jennifer Botterill, he would get a positive endorsement for Coach Stone. Just a guess.
                        Hohler is a hack. It it the BG so you know it’s a progressive cesspool of bias writing. Also the most important red flag is that Tom Werner’s granddaughter was quoted so it’s a clear hit job ordered by Pizzutti and Henry. Why they focus on a player Ahlston who literally never scored a point for Harvard before “quitting” or they quit her first. Looks like an article about a bunch of underachievers

Comment

Wow….so at first reading this is very damning. We have seen other coaches and program go through this. It reminds me of QPAC and Assabet issues and articles that were written. Not saying true or false but the world has changed and things that were accepted are not anymore. Coaches can’t always do what they did before even if in the past it brought champions. More surprising is that administration apparently did nothing. I have been wondering what happened to some of the players that Harvard recruited. I have some knowledge from other players and this article matches the experiences they describe

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                            Wow….so at first reading this is very damning. We have seen other coaches and program go through this. It reminds me of QPAC and Assabet issues and articles that were written. Not saying true or false but the world has changed and things that were accepted are not anymore. Coaches can’t always do what they did before even if in the past it brought champions. More surprising is that administration apparently did nothing. I have been wondering what happened to some of the players that Harvard recruited. I have some knowledge from other players and this article matches the experiences they describe
                            I was trying to recall if QPac had been involved in something similar based on an article on the USCHO main site some years ago. Thanks for reminding me. I think it was around 2015 if memory serves. The world has definitely changed and if you are a coach that comes from a different era, you either adjust or you are shown the door. The Harvard men's hockey team went through something similar with Mark Mazzoleni and it took a concerted effort by alumni, players, and their families to get Harvard to pressure him to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                              Hohler is a hack. It it the BG so you know it’s a progressive cesspool of bias writing. Also the most important red flag is that Tom Werner’s granddaughter was quoted so it’s a clear hit job ordered by Pizzutti and Henry. Why they focus on a player Ahlston who literally never scored a point for Harvard before “quitting” or they quit her first. Looks like an article about a bunch of underachievers
                              The article did not focus on Chloe Ashton. She was one of a handful of players including Lauren McCauliffe and Julie Chu who agreed to speak on the record. As the article states, many others asked not to be identified for fear of retribution. And that was the point of the article that you obviously overlooked. Fear runs rampant in the program and has caused more than a handful of players to either quit or transfer. Do you really believe it was a 'hit' job based on what Myrna McDonald, Tage Thompson, and Syd Daniels experienced? If so, you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Comment

Hohler is a hack and Ashton probably shouldn't have been interviewed but the more I thought about this I would bet that Coach Stone has coached her last game at Harvard

Comment

Working...
                                X