Harvard 2022-23: What's Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    ... the Sacred Heart loss showed that Harvard could take the fourth-place team in NEWHA to OT.
    Before this game, I was going to post that who thought there would come a day when Harvard would have half as many wins as Sacred Heart. The Crimson got kind of unlucky in this one in that they committed a penalty in the final minute of regulation and never got to play 3 on 3, which I'm guessing would still suit their roster better.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Before this game, I was going to post that who thought there would come a day when Harvard would have half as many wins as Sacred Heart. The Crimson got kind of unlucky in this one in that they committed a penalty in the final minute of regulation and never got to play 3 on 3, which I'm guessing would still suit their roster better.
      I’d be more than happy to start a petition calling for “All 3-on-3, All the Time.” That, or initiating European soccer’s relegation model, with the WCHA serving as the Premier League.

Comment

Luck or lack thereof has nothing to do with it. Time and again this season the Crimson have taken stupid penalties at the wrong time and a paid dearly for it. Lack of discipline and focus as well as questionable coaching have contributed to this misfortune. And the roster is not as talented as you would believe. Far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
          And the roster is not as talented as you would believe.
          My belief is that if we combined the skater pools from Harvard and Sacred Heart and drafted them for a pickup game, I would expect that the first handful of picks would be slanted toward Harvard players. In particular, the Crimson typically have players who are more talented when it comes to skating and handling the puck, skills highly in demand for 3 on 3. Am I incorrect in that as well? If you're that down on your own roster, do you think Sacred Heart is better at the top of the line chart?
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Lots of rumors regarding Harvard women's hockey this week. Locker room is a mess again. Kids getting kicked off the team for bullying. Hearing Coach Stone could be stepping down at end of the season. Boston Globe reporter has been circling the wagons for months. It would be terrible to see Coach Stone go out like this after all that she has accomplished at our school

Comment

When I was a kid trolls were unclean things that lived under bridges. I didn’t know what it was they did, but their very name and their habitat made them menacing. I still don’t know who or what they are, but their habitat now is limitless, and they seem to delight in being troublesome. Fair enough. Who can resist, especially when it comes to women's sports? I am as far from the locker room and the coach’s office and the players' ken as one can possibly be, the consummate outsider, privy to nothing. But being a mere enthusiast gives me a keen sense of smell.

Comment

My belief is that if we combined the skater pools from Harvard and Sacred Heart and drafted them for a pickup game, I would expect that the first handful of picks would be slanted toward Harvard players. In particular, the Crimson typically have players who are more talented when it comes to skating and handling the puck, skills highly in demand for 3 on 3. Am I incorrect in that as well? If you're that down on your own roster, do you think Sacred Heart is better at the top of the line chart?
                ARM, I can't speak for Sacred Heart because up until Sunday, I didn't know much about them. If anything, really. If I were drafting a 3-on-3 and starting with Harvard, it would have to be Della Rovere, Bloomer, and Biotti. After that, it might be Paige Lester, Davidson-Adams and I'm not sure who the third player would be. Again, I can't comment on the Sacred Heart roster because I don't know them. Even if you were to pick the best 3 from each roster, I still think it would be difficult to win consistently against the likes of Colgate, Quinnipiac, Princeton, Yale, and Clarkson. Maybe not but that's just the feeling I have based on watching the Crimson this season.

Comment

Originally posted by reggiedunlap9 View Post
                  Lots of rumors regarding Harvard women's hockey this week. Locker room is a mess again. Kids getting kicked off the team for bullying. Hearing Coach Stone could be stepping down at end of the season. Boston Globe reporter has been circling the wagons for months. It would be terrible to see Coach Stone go out like this after all that she has accomplished at our school
                  You say a Boston Globe reporter has been circling the wagons? Who exactly? I haven't seen anything in the Globe. Or do you have some inside information that the rest of us are not privy to? Please enlighten us.

Comment

Union 3 Harvard 1 OUCH!!!!!
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      Union 3 Harvard 1 OUCH!!!!!
                      Yeah, a big OUCH. But I can't say I'm surprised. This has been the story all year. Zero consistency, lack of skill and structure, and an inability to play a 60-minute game. They show up here and there but, in the end, find a way to lose. They are what their record says they are.

I see them winning only one more game the rest of the way. At Brown. And there is a very real possibility of them missing the playoffs given their remaining schedule.
                      Last edited by Skate79; 01-22-2023, 09:59 AM.

Comment

No playoffs. this is a sinking ship. The Globe article is coming and it isn't going to be pretty. I have no details about the article all I have heard is that Coach Stone has sent a letter out to her boosters saying that an article is coming. Same writer who has been writing about problems in youth sports. I think its pretty sad actually. Crazy parents have been complaining about Coach Stone for years. I just hope Coach Stone has an opportunity to defend herself.

Comment

No playoffs. this is a sinking ship. The Globe article is coming and it isn't going to be pretty. I have no details about the article all I have heard is that Coach Stone has sent a letter out to her boosters saying that an article is coming. Same writer who has been writing about problems in youth sports. I think its pretty sad actually. Crazy parents have been complaining about Coach Stone for years. I just hope Coach Stone has an opportunity to defend herself.
                          I’m guessing the writer is Bob Hohler. He’s been doing a number of pieces for the Globe on high school sports hazing, most notably the freshman Woburn football player. So far, he has been accurate and thorough in his reporting. And not all the parents are crazy. Some of them that I have spoken with over the years have had legit concerns.

Comment

Yes it is Hohler. The letter refers to the fact that he has spoken to a number of former Harvard players. I just hope he also takes the time to speak to former players that had a great experience playing under Coach Stone as well. As we all know it is very easy to find unhappy players at just about every D1 program.

Comment

Yes it is Hohler. The letter refers to the fact that he has spoken to a number of former Harvard players. I just hope he also takes the time to speak to former players that had a great experience playing under Coach Stone as well. As we all know it is very easy to find unhappy players at just about every D1 program.
                              True about finding unhappy players at different programs. Nothing is ever rainbows and show ponies. I would imagine that if Hohler spoke with AJ Mleczko and Jennifer Botterill, he would get a positive endorsement for Coach Stone. Just a guess.

Comment

Article is out today on the Globe website. Worse than expected. I don't see how she Coach Stone keeps her job.

Comment

Working...
                                X