Clear All

• Trillium
    replied
    What is disturbing is that the AD remains

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    So Stone is finally out, Lee-J has moved on too...who is the next head coach? An alumna coaching elsewhere? The best available coach regardless of if they have previous ties to the program or not?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Guessing that Harvard will look for a young and upcoming coach from a program that is nationally recognized. Whoever comes aboard will need to fix the culture first and foremost. And that may take a while given all that has gone on in the past twenty-plus years.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Trillium View Post
    Ding Dong the witch is dead. It really shouldn’t have taken nearly this long to negotiate severance.
    She is getting off far to easy in my opinion, and I don't think this is the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• MAHOCKEY FAN
    replied
    I did not think this would be the result. I am happy for womens hockey everywhere. Let this serve as a reminder that coaching 20 years ago is not what coaching today is. Would love to see MC come back but why would She….bummer that Shelly Picard just took job at LIU.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_TG
    replied
    So Stone is finally out, Lee-J has moved on too...who is the next head coach? An alumna coaching elsewhere? The best available coach regardless of if they have previous ties to the program or not?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FiveHoleFrenzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Trillium View Post
    Ding Dong the witch is dead. It really shouldn’t have taken nearly this long to negotiate severance.
    Maybe Ella can add a bit of class to what has been a cluster...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZTErPOQkA&t=21s

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied
    From today's Boston Globe:

Harvard women’s hockey coach Katey Stone retires - The Boston Globe

The statement was carefully worded and I'm guessing that she had to sign some form of a waiver not to come after the University. Either that or the law firm's "investigation" yielded new information from women who came forward that made it obvious something had to be done.
    Last edited by Skate79; 06-06-2023, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Trillium
    replied

Leave a comment:

• top cheese
    replied
    Stone retires https://gocrimson.com/news/2023/6/6/...etirement.aspx

Leave a comment:

• pucko
    replied
    Seems to me that Harvard is just waiting for the dust to settle, which it pretty much has. It's either time for another article from the one of the papers, or Stone is staying put. Coaches from other programs have been let go for far less than what has come out about her and this program (and I'm sure we don't even know the majority of it).

Leave a comment:

• MAHOCKEY FAN
    replied
    I check this site for updates multiple times a day. I am convinced KS stays. I will never watch another Harvard sporting event again. This inaction tells me what Harvard thinks about their SA. Anything they say to the contrary is lip stick on a pig
    Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 05-30-2023, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied
    Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    I am not sure what disappoints me more …that this stuff went on as long as it did….or that after all this information has come out that Katie Stone has not been fired yet. What I think is happening now, and has been for several years, girls commit and go there….if it’s really as bad as they hear…they are still getting a Harvard degree and can quit…or they can transfer. So the retention rate just gets worse….
    So we have passed graduation and nothing changes. It's clear the administration doesn't care one iota about the women's program. I fear the only way out is for the team to quit en masse. I don't see that happening because some of the girls are favorites of Coach Stone and will play through whatever is going down with the other girls who are suffering the abuse. Maybe a few last-place finishes will change their minds but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied
    Last week, I caught a few innings of the women's softball team playing in the NCAA tournament. Reminded me of my visit with Jenny Allard, the head coach of the women's team in 2009 when I brought the daughter of a close friend for her recruiting visit. Allard could not have been nicer to my friend's daughter. They spent an hour together watching the team practice. Allard was one of the reasons why my friend's daughter chose to come to Harvard and she loved every minute of it.

I bring up Allard because she arrived at Harvard around the same time that Coach Stone took over the women's hockey program. Allard is still having success with her program after 27 years of coaching women's softball. And Allard has to recruit against a far greater pool of schools that have women's softball programs. The fact that she is able to coach a team to the NCAA tournament is an achievement in itself.

Leave a comment:

• MAHOCKEY FAN
    replied
    I am not sure what disappoints me more …that this stuff went on as long as it did….or that after all this information has come out that Katie Stone has not been fired yet. What I think is happening now, and has been for several years, girls commit and go there….if it’s really as bad as they hear…they are still getting a Harvard degree and can quit…or they can transfer. So the retention rate just gets worse….

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied
    [QUOTE=Trillium
    The majority of teams at Harvard (26 of 40) had retention rates of ~80%-100%. Yet women's hockey had an ATTRITION rate of 80%. So basically, Harvard has demonstrated once again that it doesn't give a flying fig about it's student-athletes and investigating nor addressing why there are such alarming levels of attrition on a few teams.

[/QUOTE]

The stat alone is grounds for dismissal. A ginormous red flag.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X