9 Clarkson
    10 Princeton
    11 Hawvawd
    12 Cornell
    13 Vermont
    14 PSU
    15 BC

Discuss....
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    1 OSU
    2 UM
    3 UW
    4 NE
    5 UMD
    6 Gate
    7 Yale
    8 Q
    9 Clarkson
    10 Princeton
    11 Hawvawd
    12 Cornell
    13 Vermont
    14 PSU
    15 BC

Discuss....
    No western bias noted here. Nope, none at all. :>)

Comment

3 UW

Discuss....
      What the heck is that??? Is this just so that you have room for improvement or what? All offseason I've been reading your posts about the UW players coming back from national team duty and being poached from other rosters, and even with all that, you aren't impressed enough to rank your team higher than 3rd?

Thus, I'm not sure if you are looking for honest discussion or you just want us to sandbag. If it is the former, I think that both Princeton and SLU are teams that will get a big boost from returning players. The difficulty in trying to rate any single team in the ECAC or the WCHA is that I think there will be so many improved teams even deeper in those leagues that I don't know how easy it will be to show improvement in the W/L columns.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        What the heck is that??? Is this just so that you have room for improvement or what? All offseason I've been reading your posts about the UW players coming back from national team duty and being poached from other rosters, and even with all that, you aren't impressed enough to rank your team higher than 3rd?

Thus, I'm not sure if you are looking for honest discussion or you just want us to sandbag. If it is the former, I think that both Princeton and SLU are teams that will get a big boost from returning players. The difficulty in trying to rate any single team in the ECAC or the WCHA is that I think there will be so many improved teams even deeper in those leagues that I don't know how easy it will be to show improvement in the W/L columns.
        You do realize I was posting the USCHO poll tweeted out by Tristar Scoop, right? If it was my poll it would be

1. UW
        2. Wisconsin
        3. WI

Comment

15 teams how fun is that. If I’m UMD I’m bitter that I’m at #5 but I get what the voters are thinking too.

I’m expecting this to be the best women's college hockey we’ve ever seen based on 5th years, Olympians returning, and general betterment of players and coaches over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

No western bias noted here. Nope, none at all. :>)
            All but 3 titles have been won by 4 Western teams. I'd say it's deserved.

Barring injury, Fillier will win the Patty Kaz.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
              15 teams how fun is that. If I’m UMD I’m bitter that I’m at #5 but I get what the voters are thinking too.
              I don't know WHAT (wink) UMD has lost or are bringing in to know if the 5 hole is too low, but I do know OSU and UW are above them. Maybe MN too, but I think last season was a little addition for them by subtraction from UW. WI has the D to shut anyone down this year. Yes you can question UW's goaltending, but if MJ didn't like his goalies he would have brought 1 in. Again.

Comment

Much as I am a fan of Clarkson, no way do I see them anywhere near a top 15 team. Reported on the Clarkson Roundtable, two of their top forwards Frenette (torn ACL) and Harvard Xfer Petrie (fractured tibia and ACL tear?) are likely done for the season. Frenette's injury was during training in off season. I think they just do not have the forward scoring that will keep them anywhere near the top 15. Defense and in goal they are fine, up front not so fine.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I don't know WHAT (wink) UMD has lost or are bringing in to know if the 5 hole is too low, but I do know OSU and UW are above them. Maybe MN too, but I think last season was a little addition for them by subtraction from UW. WI has the D to shut anyone down this year. Yes you can question UW's goaltending, but if MJ didn't like his goalies he would have brought 1 in. Again.
                  Fair enough. All solid teams and umd just lost Giguere. As good a ranking as any for the beginning of the year but I won’t count umd out. Looking forward to the games starting.

Comment

Minnesota has Zumwinkle, Heise and Murphy coming back.. with a solid D core.. that’s hard to bet against .. but I’m going with Tim’s 3 teams.. should be quite the year..

Comment

You do realize I was posting the USCHO poll tweeted out by Tristar Scoop, right?
                      I didn't; I thought it was you starting a USCHO Fan Poll. Names like "Hawvawd", "Gate", and "Q" sounded more like you than a copy/paste.

Other thoughts ... UMD also graduated Anna Klein, who was a top-line player for the 'Dogs. It's an older team, with 11 players who are seniors or above.

Minnesota will score, but the question there is how well can they defend for 60 minutes. When the Gophers have had success, they've had a goalie who can wipe away those sins.

I really have no idea as to what is going on with UW goalies since ARD graduated. I guess they thought that Campbell was enough of a talent that nobody they recruited got to play at all, but then they didn't give their recruits a chance the last couple of years either. Odd to go so many years recruiting only backup goalies from the looks of things, because it isn't like transfers are part of a multi-year plan. It has mostly worked out, with the exception of the 2018 postseason and last year, but how easy is it to recruit HS/prep goalies to a program where those kids don't get a shot?

Clarkson strikes me as the type of team that is capable of switching to a very defensive style if it can anticipate that it won't score very much. Likely won't produce a title, but top 15 is a much bigger target. The problem is how many teams can be ranked from the ECAC, even with 15 ranked teams?

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

bc 15th in the preseason poll? What has happened to that program?
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          bc 15th in the preseason poll? What has happened to that program?
                          Calling T3, T3 over!

Comment

WOMEN'S HOCKEY: Beavers picked to finish 6th in WCHA preseason poll
                            Gophers are picked to finish first in this WCHA Preseason Coaches' Poll. Taylor Heise named the WCHA Preseason Player of the Year.

https://news.yahoo.com/womens-hockey...035900423.html
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Calling T3, T3 over!
                              Yeah I can't imagine us being 15th this year. We'll make the tournament this season. These preseason polls tend to have a lot of carryover from the previous year.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                              X