Ohio State Buckeyes 2022-2023 ... The Drive For Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drewkal View Post

Good winter or all weather tires are the secret to survival and sanity up here. All seasons are better than summer tires, but Nokian makes a great "All Weather WR G4" tire. They are almost as good as a dedicated winter tire, but you can drive them all year. And, yes, it's the other goofballs on the roads that don't know how to drive on ice and snow that'll get you!
    My expertise is in automotive technology and evaluation and allow me to say tires are definitely you get what you pay for. You buy a cheap tire and it will perform poorly.
    people who live in areas of severe winter weather know how to prepare. For example, people in the Denver area have two vehicles in their driveway, a car for summer and a 4WD truck or sport utility for winter.

Comment

• I’m heading up Wednesday, getting into Duluth by noon Thursday. Weather is going to be much worse later in day. I’ll park my car and Uber all weekend. Let someone else do the driving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
        I’m heading up Wednesday, getting into Duluth by noon Thursday. Weather is going to be much worse later in day. I’ll park my car and Uber all weekend. Let someone else do the driving.
        The hotel we'll be at is supposed to be in walking distance from the arena but with the disabilities we may not be able to manage the walk and have to park at the arena.

Comment

• If anyone is driving to Duluth from Columbus My cousin in the Chicago area gave me a heads up to avoid the road construction. He said the inner belt I-294 has a lot of construction. I'm taking I-65 out of Indy to I-94w to I-80w to the I-355n outer belt. That will merge into I-290n and from there it's a short hop to I-90w and you're out of the Chicago area.
          Most of those roads are toll roads. I got online today and set up an e-pass account for the tolls. They scan your license plate and you have 14 days to pay your tolls online.

Comment

I’m heading up Wednesday, getting into Duluth by noon Thursday. Weather is going to be much worse later in day. I’ll park my car and Uber all weekend. Let someone else do the driving.
            My car is outfitted for whatever winter throws at it, but with the hills in Duluth, driving can still be an adventure! My younger son lives there, and he gets stuck now and then. I thought of Ubers, especially on St Patrick's Day eve, but I don't know how many there are in the city. I'm staying at the Sheraton Downtown; not bad to get in and out of; you folks staying at the Canal Park hotels have no hills to deal with at least. My son is way over the top of the hill; it'll be fun shuttling him around!
            And the weather may be a challenge driving up from Minneapolis Friday. Hard to say, maybe 1-3", may be 12"+.

Comment

• If you handed today's youth a set of tire chains and told them to put them on the car they'd give you a blanket state!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                If you handed today's youth a set of tire chains and told them to put them on the car they'd give you a blanket state!
                Yes, they have been taught that you shouldn't cause excess damage to road surfaces.

Comment

• Muzz has taken a page from Jerry Tarkanian from UNLV and has become the best transfer recruiter around. She is an innovator in that regard.

Comment

• The forecast this AM is less ugly than it was 24 hours ago. But drive safely, kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

Yes, they have been taught that you shouldn't cause excess damage to road surfaces.
                      I've traveled in the winter in State's like Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and they have electronic alert signs that tell you to put the chains on your vehicle and they lower the speed limits to match the conditions.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-14-2023, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                        Muzz has taken a page from Jerry Tarkanian from UNLV and has become the best transfer recruiter around. She is an innovator in that regard.
                        It was a major factor in our national championship run.

Comment

Muzz has taken a page from Jerry Tarkanian from UNLV and has become the best transfer recruiter around. She is an innovator in that regard.
                          I see there are 3 Boston College good players in the transfer portal. Hopefully Hadley Hartmetz (transferred from BC) is saying hi. All 3 players are graduating this spring. They have 1 year left. The BC folks are upset they may be leaving.

https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/

Comment

I see there are 3 Boston College good players in the transfer portal. Hopefully Hadley Hartmetz (transferred from BC) is saying hi. All 3 players are graduating this spring. They have 1 year left. The BC folks are upset they may be leaving.

https://gopherpucklive.com/transfer-portal/

I had been teasing Grant on the BC thread awhile back that Barnes was going to jump ship to Ohio State in the transfer portal making him nervous but I was just kidding. Perhaps I'm prophetic?
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-14-2023, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I think that MJ and the Sinners have been quite good at it as well...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                He said the inner belt I-294 has a lot of construction. I'm taking I-65 out of Indy to I-94w to I-80w to the I-355n outer belt. That will merge into I-290n and from there it's a short hop to I-90w and you're out of the Chicago area.
                                Most of those roads are toll roads.
                                FWIW, when I drive to/from Columbus, I skip Chicago altogether. I use I-74 to I-39 from Indianapolis to Rockford via Bloomington IL. It's a little longer, but basically no traffic, and skips all the tolls except one near the Wisconsin state line. I'm also usually pulling my teardrop, and IL tolls are crazy expensive if you're towing anything.

It's a shame the weather doesn't look great this weekend. In 2012, it was perfect with temperatures in the 70s. It was so nice that I actually camped up at gooseberry falls on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X