No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2022-2023 ... The Drive For Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice win today. OSU was back to being aggressive and banging bodies.

i had to take motion sickness meds because of the camera work. I think the camera person was fighting a swarm of bees while shooting the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
      Nice win today. OSU was back to being aggressive and banging bodies.

i had to take motion sickness meds because of the camera work. I think the camera person was fighting a swarm of bees while shooting the game.
      I thought she was drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post

I thought she was drunk.
        I hate to say it but we've no room to complain as we have the worst broadcast in the conference at our rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I hate to say it but we've no room to complain as we have the worst broadcast in the conference at our rink.
          OSU cameras are bad. The netting makes it worse. I like the OSU announcers. Zach is a good kid that does a good job and he tries not to be a homer. The camera people are bad sometimes but not as bad as today’s camera person.

A new arena is the only thing that will fix the broadcast problems. Maybe with the big crowds a decision will be made soon for a new arena.

in the mean time, Go Bucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post

OSU cameras are bad. The netting makes it worse. I like the OSU announcers. Zach is a good kid that does a good job and he tries not to be a homer. The camera people are bad sometimes but not as bad as today’s camera person.

A new arena is the only thing that will fix the broadcast problems. Maybe with the big crowds a decision will be made soon for a new arena.

in the mean time, Go Bucks!
            I believe the lacrosse stadium was opened today…. It’s hockey time now right? Time to kick off the fundraising! I like ARM’s optimistic take that Muzerall may strive to have an appropriate rink built during her tenure like Halldorson did at Minnesota.

The Lang Arena video was both nostalgic and hilarious. I wonder if Hockey Canada insurance covers drawbridge accidents. Other than the drawbridge which is a little extreme, nothing wrong with a modest barn for minor hockey. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Sometimes I feel Coach Muzerall lives up to her Scottish heritage in the way she's like The Highlander - There Can Be Only One! LOL!

Comment

• As some of you have already alluded to, the Bucks got a nice bounce-back win earlier today. I am just setting down to do my rundown of the game. Mrs 86 is a BGSU grad and we ventured up to the Slater Family Ice Arena aka the Madhouse on Mercer to watch the Falcons take on the Ferris State Bulldogs. BG lost in a shootout, but I digress. The Buckeye Women took care of business and looked more like a #1 team today than they did in yesterday's game. The Gophers did take the early lead in the first period on a goal from Madeline Wethington to make it 1-0. Buckeyes would answer later in the first period on goals from Sloane Matthews and Hadley Hartmetz to take a 2-1 lead into the first intermission. Hartmetz' goal would turn out to be the game-winner as the Gophers were unable to light the lamp the rest of the way. Neither team scored in the second frame, so the score remained 2-1 heading into the final intermission. The Buckeyes struck for three third period goals to put it away, final score, 5-1. Ohio State's third period goals were scored by Gabby Rosenthal, Kenzie Hauswirth, and Paetyn Levis. Shots on goal were close with the Gophers outshooting the Buckeyes 33-32. Amanda Thiele got the start in net for Ohio State and stopped 32 of the 33 shots she faced to get the win. Minnesota's Skylar Vetter stopped 27 of the 32 shots she faced. Ohio State will return home next weekend to face St. Thomas for Senior Weekend. And folks, a word to the wise, if you are coming, please get to the games when the doors open as we are reaching capacity these days and the ushers are having to turn people away (can we get a new arena already?). Minnesota will host Wisconsin next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  The Buckeyes struck for three third period goals to put it away, final score, 5-1. Ohio State's third period goals were scored by Gabby Rosenthal, Kenzie Hauswirth, and Paetyn Levis.
                  So good to have Gabby back in the line-up this weekend. (For anyone unaware, she was dinged up a few games back.) For my part, I thought Rosenthal's goal was the key moment in the game.

With a right-on-time centering pass from Jenn Gardiner, Gabby found herself in close quarters with the outstanding Gopher Goalie. What to do? With an impressive combination of strength and precision, Rosenthal shelfed the puck. From the video feed, I can't say for sure if the puck went in straight away or if Vetter got a little piece of it. But up the ladder it went; and what a sweet sight when the puck hit the twine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

This! I replayed the game last night on BTN+, and although I fast-forwarded through a lot of it, I did not think it was that bad. And yeah, the worst feed in the league is ours at the OSU Ice Rink, so we probably shouldn't be throwing stones on that topic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

I believe the lacrosse stadium was opened today…. It’s hockey time now right? Time to kick off the fundraising! I like ARM’s optimistic take that Muzerall may strive to have an appropriate rink built during her tenure like Halldorson did at Minnesota.

The Lang Arena video was both nostalgic and hilarious. I wonder if Hockey Canada insurance covers drawbridge accidents. Other than the drawbridge which is a little extreme, nothing wrong with a modest barn for minor hockey. Thanks for sharing.
                      It should definitely be hockey time now! Every other sport on campus has a new facility (or at least one that is way newer and more up-to-date than the OSU Ice Rink)! It should definitely be next in line.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                        So good to have Gabby back in the line-up this weekend. (For anyone unaware, she was dinged up a few games back.) For my part, I thought Rosenthal's goal was the key moment in the game.

With a right-on-time centering pass from Jenn Gardiner, Gabby found herself in close quarters with the outstanding Gopher Goalie. What to do? With an impressive combination of strength and precision, Rosenthal shelfed the puck. From the video feed, I can't say for sure if the puck went in straight away or if Vetter got a little piece of it. But up the ladder it went; and what a sweet sight when the puck hit the twine.
                        It was definitely great to have Gabby back! I also liked getting two goals from the third line (great depth on this team), along with the game-winner from defender Hadley Hartmetz! It shows how much depth Coach Muzerall has built on this team. I am really looking forward to the coming weeks of hockey!

Comment

I also liked getting two goals from the third line (great depth on this team)
                          Coach did what a great coach does by adjusting her lines to counter what she saw in Friday's heartbreaker.

Comment

It should definitely be hockey time now! Every other sport on campus has a new facility (or at least one that is way newer and more up-to-date than the OSU Ice Rink)! It should definitely be next in line.
                            Separate men's and women's rinks? Or what size do you think is the right compromise for both programs? GS has never shown much interest in hockey much less in a significant capital investment in facilities, so I'm wondering if we have to wait for his successor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post

Separate men's and women's rinks?
                              I've come to believe that Separate is the way to go. I'm hearing through the grapevine that serious thought is being given to a new ice sheet that would exactly replace the functions of the Ice Rink. Practice Rink for Men's Hockey; Competition Rink for Women's Hockey.

Note that both Minnesota (Ridder & Mariucci) and Wisconsin (LaBahn & Kohl) have separate rinks. My understanding is that in both cases, the rinks are connected by tunnel. That way the two facilities can share back-up Zambonis, extra locker rooms for tournaments, and so on. Also, the Men's team could simply walk through the tunnel to their practice rink, rather than taking the bus ride they currently "enjoy." Admittedly my thinking has evolved over the years. Read on.

Or what size do you think is the right compromise for both programs?
                              Personally I no longer believe there is a right compromise. Figure out the perfect number of seats for the Women's program, and build the new rink accordingly.

Repeating For Emphasis: Figure out the perfect number of seats for the Women's program, and build the new rink accordingly.

Right this second, I don't have an exact number in mind. I'll toss around some numbers and post again.

Part of my evolved thinking is that we finally have a good situation for the Men's team at the Schott. When the black curtains only went 2/3 of the way around the rink, you still had the "ocean of empty seats" problem. But now that the black curtains go all the way around, I believe it works. Last weekend against Penn State, the lower bowl was comfortably filled, and we had a fine atmosphere. Lower bowl + Huntington Club is what: 8,000 - 9,000 seats? That's a good number for Men's Hockey. And for the relatively infrequent, but enormous game or tournament? You can raise the curtains & use the upper bowl.

GS has never shown much interest in hockey much less in a significant capital investment in facilities, so I'm wondering if we have to wait for his successor.
                              Our AD shows up for Women's Hockey from time-to-time, and seems genuinely interested. The key question, of course, is when "thought" and "interest" turn into action.

Comment

• OSU is probably the most well funded athletic program in the conference. There's no reason that I can think of that they couldn't afford to build a dual ice arena with the larger seating capacity for the men's side. Then there would be the debate of how much seating for the women's. A number of people have the mindset it's best to be small enough to have sellouts, well we have that now don't we? We have people lament that people are turned away at the door then you have to have a facility large enough so that doesn't happen so that means sellouts won't happen. You can't have it both ways.
                                I would advocate for an arena large enough that we would be awarded hosting WCHA tournament finals and NCAA tournament rounds. That would in my opinion be more advantageous for our program than always being at capacity. On a side note, if they quit scheduling the women's home games overlapping the men's we would have more fans in a larger building!
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-06-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X