Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to a subject about which all Buckeyes can be more proud, I see that Emma Maltais is closing in on being the first Buckeye to reach the 200-point plateau, needing just 10 more points if my math is on. One question regarding that. She's always been a great playmaker, but does anyone have a theory as to what has happened with regards to her goal scoring? She had 50 goals (and 92 assists) through her first three seasons and 110 games. Nice production, almost a goal per weekend. But her pace for goals dropped off during the Covid season, with 5 in 20 games, and just 5 more through the first 26 games this year. That's half as many goals per game since the start of her senior year. Granted, there's more than one way to get it done, and the assists keep coming, but have you seen anything different that would explain why the pucks don't go in as often as they did earlier in her career?
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Replying to Arm's comment about Emma I see her still being a force on the ice but from my perspective her experience playing for Team Canada had molded her into more of a team player adding to the chemistry of the team as a whole. Her opponents seem to consider her a threat yet, in many of the games she's taken some viscous cheap shots.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-02-2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Replying to Arm's comment about Emma I see her still being a force on the ice but from my perspective her experience playing for Team Canada had molded her into more of a team player adding to the chemistry of the team as a whole. Her opponents seem to consider her a threat yet, in many of the games she's taken some viscous cheap shots.
        Emma has matured as a player and her time with Team Canada has a lot to do with that as well as Coach Muzerall letting her develop into a more mature Emma.

Personally I like what Emma has become but I feel maybe she has has become to unselfish. Against Wisconsin and Mankato she passed when she had the shot. In those situations she should have blasted it. And her shot has improved since her time with Canada. Take the shot Emma.

Go Bucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
          Take the shot Emma.
          I agree, if you have the shot take it.
          The men's team always makes one pass too many passing up great opportunities making me want to pull my hair out, and at my age I can't afford to lose a single strand!

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            The Yuckeye Administration should take a look at this rink for some upgrade ideas...Especially the "drawbridge" for players to get to the ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AVnyLj68qs
            We absolutely need to install one of those drawbridges for the visiting teams. Normally I have little interest in fan battles. But if we did this, the fear and loathing from the critics would be hilarious!

And btw, that's a truly great clip -- both the video and the commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post

Emma has matured as a player and her time with Team Canada has a lot to do with that as well as Coach Muzerall letting her develop into a more mature Emma.

Personally I like what Emma has become but I feel maybe she has has become too unselfish. Against Wisconsin and Mankato she passed when she had the shot. In those situations she should have blasted it. And her shot has improved since her time with Canada. Take the shot Emma.

Go Bucks!
              FYP; just one missing letter.

Agree with both you and HockeyBuckeye that we've been seeing Emma play her Team Canada role this season. She's been highly effective as a complete player, and we certainly don't want to lose that. But do we want Maltais to become selectively selfish? Yes, yes we do. Pick your spots, Emma. Grab your share of the goals.

Comment

The Yuckeye Administration should take a look at this rink for some upgrade ideas...Especially the "drawbridge" for players to get to the ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AVnyLj68qs
                Wow that is an exact copy of their rink now!
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Minnesota jumped out to a 3-0 lead in tonight's game and never looked back as they defeated Ohio State by a final score of 4-2. Peyton Hemp scored the game's only goal of the first period and the Gophers led 1-0 at the first intermission. Minnesota got two more goals in the second frame from Abigail Boreen and Abbey Murphy to extend their lead to 3-0. Ohio State got a goal from Gabby Rosenthal to cut into the lead and the teams went into the final intermission with the Gophers leading 3-1. The Buckeyes struck first in the third period on a Jenn Gardiner goal to make it 3-2, but that was as close as Ohio State would get. Abbey Murphy would get another goal for Minnesota late in the game to make the final score 4-2. Ohio State outshot Minnesota 33-27. Buckeye backstop Raygan Kirk stopped 23 of the 27 shots she faced in the loss. Gopher goaltender Skylar Vetter stopped 31 of the 33 shots she faced to get the win. The two teams are back at it tomorrow with game time being 3:00 pm EST.

Comment

• I was streaming it on my phone while at the men's game and the bandwidth of the wifi there is terrible. My stream kept locking up. I just couldn't keep up or see much detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

We absolutely need to install one of those drawbridges for the visiting teams. Normally I have little interest in fan battles. But if we did this, the fear and loathing from the critics would be hilarious!

And btw, that's a truly great clip -- both the video and the commentary.
                      That was hilarious! One of the great posts on this fan forum.

Comment

• Tonight i wasn't able to see the game live as we were out to dinner with friends. I watched the replay on BigTen plus and got done with it a couple of minutes ago. Major credit to OSU for not giving up being down 3-0 and really making the Tunnelers sweat in the latter half of the game. So in recognition of OSU's effort...At least for tonight, I will not refer to them as the you know what eyes.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Tonight i wasn't able to see the game live as we were out to dinner with friends. I watched the replay on BigTen plus and got done with it a couple of minutes ago. Major credit to OSU for not giving up being down 3-0 and really making the Tunnelers sweat in the latter half of the game. So in recognition of OSU's effort...At least for tonight, I will not refer to them as the you know what eyes.
                          How about Nadine walking the ice in high heels? She is right at home in Minnesota. Lot of friendly exchanges with Gopher players after the game. Who has the odds on the NCAA winner outside of the WCHA? Two darn good hockey teams here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

How about Nadine walking the ice in high heels? She is right at home in Minnesota. Lot of friendly exchanges with Gopher players after the game. Who has the odds on the NCAA winner outside of the WCHA? Two darn good hockey teams here.
                            We have seen the eastern Bulldogs and they are more than trembling chihuahuas. Toothpaste, Quinnimaniac, and North(western) also have a chip and a chair...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

We have seen the eastern Bulldogs and they are more than trembling chihuahuas. Toothpaste, Quinnimaniac, and North(western) also have a chip and a chair...
                              That has the makings of an excellent poll. I'm not sure who on the forum usually does that. Maybe a couple more weeks and we start refining what the the playoff season will look like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                                Two darn good hockey teams here.
                                The Gopher/Buckeye games have the potential for the intensity of the OSU/Michigan football games but hopefully without the hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X