Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think yesterday's game could have easily been 15-0 if OSU played as hard as they would against UW or UMD. It's like the football team playing a weaker MAC team to get back in sync and cohesive for their next conference games.
    With us playing against UW in 2 weeks they better be in sync, especially with a bye week before that series.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-31-2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Today's win was a milestone, 400th win in program history!

Comment

• The Buckeyes completed the sweep of Lindenwood with a 6-0 win earlier today. Ohio State scored three first period goals and that was all they would need in this one. Paetyn Levis opened the scoring for the Buckeyes. The other first-period goals were scored by Jenn Gardiner and Emma Maltais as the Bucks took a 3-0 lead into the first intermission. Makenna Webster stayed hot with two second period goals (spoiler alert ... on her way to a natural hat trick) to put the Buckeyes up 5-0 going into the final intermission. Makenna would add another goal in the third period to complete her natural hat trick and Ohio State finished with a 6-0 victory. Ohio State goaltender Quinn Kuntz stopped all 11 shots she faced in the win. Lindenwood backstop Julia Maguire stopped 66 of the 72 shots she faced in the loss. Ohio State is off next weekend before a big series at home vs Wisconsin on 1/13-1/14. The Lions will host Minnesota State next weekend.

Comment

• Big weekend with Wisconsin coming into town for a pair. The big question, “Who does OSU play at goal?”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
            Big weekend with Wisconsin coming into town for a pair. The big question, “Who does OSU play at goal?”
            Too many variables and how this week's practice goes for me to put money on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
              Big weekend with Wisconsin coming into town for a pair. The big question, “Who does OSU play at goal?”
              Great question. I have no inside information, but my guess is that Amanda & Raygan each get one game. If this was the re-match series, Coach might decide to go with the hot hand. But since these are the first meetings of the year with the Badgers, I believe each player will get a turn.

Taking it a step further, I'll say Amanda on Friday & Raygan on Saturday. But that's even more speculative. Here's my thinking:

1. I'm glad Quinn has gotten 3 starts, and I'm proud of her success. But I believe we all agree she's #3 on the depth chart. And therefore unlikely to get a start next weekend.

2. As between Amanda & Raygan, so far there's been no definitive pattern to the starting assignments. At least in the biggest games. Against Top 10 competition, each keeper has 5 starts.

3. Overall, Amanda has 11 starts to Raygan's 8. But that "lead" stems mostly from the early season contests. Skip past the first four weekends, and Raygan actually leads 6 starts to 5.

4. On Fridays, Amanda has 6 starts to Raygan's 3. On Saturdays, it's 5 starts apiece. That led me to speculate that Amanda might get the Friday nod.

But none of this resolves the question; it feels more like splitting hairs. And I do agree with HockeyeBuckeye that this week's practices may prove to be the determining factor.

But hey: Having two #1 Goalies isn't a bad situation at all. If nothing else, it keeps opposing teams guessing.

Last edited by pgb-ohio; 01-09-2023, 05:00 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

1. I'm glad Quinn has gotten 3 starts, and I'm proud of her success. But I believe we all agree she's #3 on the depth chart. And therefore unlikely to get a start next weekend.
                I’m very happy Quinn has gotten to play and has some wins. She could have gone many places and gotten lots of playing time but she has chosen to stay at OSU. That makes me proud of her and I like her all the more. You never know what could happen and Quinn might have to go in and play. By coach playing her some she won’t be totally cold.

Coach does a great job in playing her goalies and preparing them for late season games. Amanda and Raygan are both ready for late season games. I could see both getting a start this weekend.

I’m looking forward to seeing both games this weekend. Go Bucks!

Comment

• Of course we're on the outside looking in. But team chemistry within the goalie group appears to be excellent.

Example: More than once we've been treated to a "Triple Goalie Dance" when the Buckeyes celebrate a win!

Comment

Of course we're on the outside looking in.
                    I'm confused on what you mean with this statement? Could you clarify?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I'm confused on what you mean with this statement? Could you clarify?
                      What's said "in the room" among the coaches and players isn't really any of our business. Including who's close friends with whom. Unless they choose to share that information.

The relevance is that when a team is close knit off the ice, the on-ice performance of the whole may exceed the sum of the parts.

We observe what we can when the team competes. We also look at scores sheets and other stats. Maybe those of us who post are making relatively educated guesses. It is fun. But guesswork is all that it is.

Comment

What's said "in the room" among the coaches and players isn't really any of our business. Including who's close friends with whom. Unless they choose to share that information.
                        Thanks for clarifying. On a side note, back in the Markell era there were no secrets when the team hit their favorite campus bar after the games!

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. On a side note, back in the Markell era there were no secrets when the team hit their favorite campus bar after the games!
                          That would qualify as "choosing to share the information." (big smile emoji here)

Comment

• Anyone watch the U18 game today?
                            OSU commits Baxter & Dunne were awesome! We will do very well with them on our roster.
                            Dunne was a given to come here but major kudos to Coach Muzerall for her outstanding recruiting ability!

Comment

Anyone watch the U18 game today?
                              OSU commits Baxter & Dunne were awesome! We will do very well with them on our roster.
                              Dunne was a given to come here but major kudos to Coach Muzerall for her outstanding recruiting ability!
                              Josey Dunne plays for the Gophers. (#17) So it wasn't a given. Let's just focus on that outstanding recruiting ability!

Comment

• Looks like a full house! Have to check later if we actually reached maximum capacity

Comment

Working...
                                X