This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
    4-0 Buckeyes! A very good weekend and a huge statement win today. Shots and shots on goal, WOW! Go Bucks!
    Great news! In this Holiday Season, it occurs to me that Buckeye Women's Hockey is the gift that keeps on giving.

Merry Christmas to all on the thread!

Comment

• Kirk gets WCHA goaltender of the week. Not to sell Raygan short, I'm very proud of her but most WCHA teams weren't playing and Cornell only had 12 shots on goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Kirk gets WCHA goaltender of the week. Not to sell Raygan short, I'm very proud of her but most WCHA teams weren't playing and Cornell only had 12 shots on goal.
        She shut out the 10th-ranked team in the country on their ice. I am fine with her getting WCHA Goaltender of the Week. Sometimes it is harder for a goaltender to stay focused when they are not seeing that many shots.
        Last edited by osualum86; 12-19-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

She shut out the 10th-ranked team in the country on their ice. I am fine with her getting WCHA Goaltender of the Week. Sometimes it is harder for a goaltender to stay focused when they are not seeing that many shots.
          Let's not also discount her play of the puck around the net and in the crease otherwise there could have been many more shots on goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

Great news! In this Holiday Season, it occurs to me that Buckeye Women's Hockey is the gift that keeps on giving.

Merry Christmas to all on the thread!
            Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, Pgb!

Comment

Let's not also discount her play of the puck around the net and in the crease otherwise there could have been many more shots on goal.
              Totally agree! It's nice to have three solid goaltenders like Raygan, Amanda, and Quinn that we can put in there.

Comment

Totally agree! It's nice to have three solid goaltenders like Raygan, Amanda, and Quinn that we can put in there.
                I've seen one flaw in Amanda's past few games and that's if a player comes in to her left on a breakaway she commits to soon to that side of the net. A quick deke to get her to go down and they score on the right side of the net. If someone like me can see that then I'm sure the coaches are well aware of it and are working on it with her.

Comment

• New Year’s Resolutions for all 42 teams

https://www.uscho.com/2022/12/29/wom...-all-42-teams/

Comment

• I was predicting 5-0 by the end of the 1st and it's only 4-0. We must have let up some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
                      New Year’s Resolutions for all 42 teams

https://www.uscho.com/2022/12/29/wom...-all-42-teams/
                      Totally agree with Nicole on other players shooting more, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, yes, at long last, please build our Championship Program a new facility (with plenty of space for cameras) for better streaming. I will say this, though ... after watching tonight's game, I think i found a feed that is actually worse than ours. Lindenwood had one camera just going back and forth, and the camera is so far away that you almost can't follow the puck. Our feed may not be that great, but at least I can follow the puck. One other thing, though, huge shoutout to the Lindenwood play-by-play guy for being the only away game person who actually read the pronunciation guide and didn't completely butcher our girls' names!
                      Last edited by osualum86; 12-31-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I was predicting 5-0 by the end of the 1st and it's only 4-0. We must have let up some.
                        I was fine with the first period, but seemed like we lost our focus a little in the second period when we only scored one goal. Coach must have addressed that in the second intermission because we came out firing and scored four more goals in the third period.

Comment

• Ohio State took care of business in tonight's opening game at Lindenwood by a final score of 9-1. This one was all Buckeyes from the beginning as Ohio State opened the first period with four goals and never looked back. The Buckeye goals were scored by Makenna Webster, Gabby Rosenthal (2), and Jenna Buglioni. Ohio State took a 5-0 lead in the second period on a goal from Jenn Gardiner and the teams went into the second intermission with Ohio State leading the Lions 5-0. Ohio State would score the first three goals of the third period to go up 8-0. Those goals were scored by Paetyn Levis, Jenn Gardiner, and Kenzie Hauswirth. With her four-point night, Jenn Gardiner eclipsed the 100-point mark! Jenn becomes only the 16th player in Ohio State history to join the 100-point club, so huge congratulations to her! Chloe Corbin would get Lindenwood on the board in the third period to make the score 8-1. The Buckeyes were not done and added one more goal from Makenna Webster to make the final score 9-1. With three assists tonight, Emma Maltais becomes Ohio State's career assist leader with 124, so congratulations to her also! Shots on goal were definitely slanted toward Ohio State with the Buckeyes outshooting the Lions 70-15. Quinn Kuntz got the start in net for the Buckeyes in this one and was solid, stopping 14 of the 15 shots she faced to get the win. Lindenwood netminder Natalie Ference stopped 61 of the 70 shots she faced in the loss. The two teams will wrap up their series tomorrow with gametime being 3:10 pm EST.

Comment

• Nice job by Maltais becoming the all time program assist leader. I wonder if we’ll ever see her and Fillier on a line together for Canada, one being a natural scorer, and one seeming a natural passer. Fillier was a bit quiet in the rivalry series - the absence of linemate Spooner (trying to keep this OSU relevant :-) ) is having an impact perhaps.

Comment

Totally agree with Nicole on other players shooting more, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, yes, at long last, please build our Championship Program a new facility (with plenty of space for cameras) for better streaming. I will say this, though ... after watching tonight's game, I think i found a feed that is actually worse than ours. Lindenwood had one camera just going back and forth, and the camera is so far away that you almost can't follow the puck. Our feed may not be that great, but at least I can follow the camera. One other thing, though, huge shoutout to the Lindenwood play-by-play guy for being the only away game person who actually read the pronunciation guide and didn't completely butcher our girls' names!
                              I think all of us who watch the streams agree on the need for a new facility, but in the meantime if they could just replace the heavy black netting with the thick black band at the bottom with a less obtrusive option the viewer experience could be improved dramatically. A case in point is the St. Thomas arena that also has netting in front of the stands that is in the line of sight of the cameras. There, they use clear monofilament netting with a thin cable securing it at the bottom and it is just a minor distraction to the viewing experience. The view might end up being a bit worse at the OSU rink due to the closer proximity of the camera to the ice, but I think it would still be a big improvement. They wouldn’t even have to replace the entire net, but only the center section in front of the stands along the side. I do think OSU has improved their streaming experience over the last couple of years with the addition of the extra cameras mounted on the glass behind the goals and the one on the ceiling at center ice (inside the netting), which they often use for replays (no replays were shown in the Colgate series but I’ll give them a pass on that one since it was Thanksgiving week and I’m sure it was a staffing issue). The issue with having well trained camera operators is not restricted to Lindenwood or OSU. There have been multiple Gopher games at Ridder this year where the camera has been zoomed out way too wide much of the time but that may be better than the other extreme where they zoom in too much and then rapidly pan to try to follow the action. Some teams do seem to have much better trained camera operators than others and it definitely makes for a better viewing experience.

Comment

• The thick black band at the bottom of the netting is a challenge. I find streaming to a tv rather than a computer helps somehow because it’s so much bigger. MinnOTB offers some good suggestions.

The last time I was at an OSU game the family in front of me was talking about how the atmosphere and fun was so much better in the women’s rink as compared to the guys, and couldn’t believe the value for the cost ($0). If they ever get a new rink one hopes they somehow manage to capture and hold on to the atmosphere the OSU Ice Rink provides, while addressing its shortcomings.

Comment

Working...
                                X