Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's game at UMD is on regular BTN. I have a subscription to BTN+ but that doesn't get you anything that's live broadcast on regular BTN which kind of ticks me off. I do have the Fox Sports app but to watch BTN on it you have to log on with your cable or streaming provider which I don't have anymore. The wife cancelled them all during my hospitalization to cut expenses.
    It's BS that BTN+ doesn't get you regular BTN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      It's BS that BTN+ doesn't get you regular BTN!
      My memory, which may be incorrect, tells me that it does in archive fashion (like the following day), but not live. robertearle is usually failproof when it comes to sorting out such things.

Other than that, I agree that it is a case of the Big Ten asking you to pay for the same thing twice. I especially hate it when the program that is on before the BTN broadcast of the game I want to watch runs long, so it then isn't available on the cable channel that they've gotten me to purchase, and I'm supposed to be watching on the BTN app. I'm not even sure if that is a thing on my TV, although maybe I can cast it or something.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
        My memory, which may be incorrect, tells me that it does in archive fashion (like the following day), but not live.
        You are correct.

Comment

• I thought Ohio State had the edge over Duluth pretty much the entire game though there were some pretty intense scrums in front of OSU's net!
          Duluth did get a goal with the extra attacker to get within one but the Buckeyes didn't get an empty net goal but did hold on to win 2-1.
          As usual the refs let a lot of obvious penalties go. The only flaw I saw in OSU's game was the occasional ill advised pass that was easily intercepted for a potential scoring opportunity which has been happening all season otherwise I thought they played flawless.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-02-2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• As Hockeyebuckeye said, Ohio State opened a big series against 8th-ranked Minnesota-Duluth with a 2-1 win earlier today. The Buckeyes opened the scoring on a Paetyn Levis goal in the first period to take a 1-0 lead into the first intermission. Neither team could find the back of the net in the second period so the teams went into the final intermission with the Buckeyes hanging onto their 1-0 lead. Emma Maltais scored for Ohio State in the third period to put the Bucks up 2-0. UMD pulled their goalie for an extra attacker late in the game. Kylie Hanley scored for Minnesota-Duluth with less than a minute to play, but that was as close as the Bulldogs would get as the Buckeyes held on for a 2-1 win. The Bulldogs outshot Ohio State in this one 34-27. Bulldog netminder Emma Soderberg stopped 25 of the 27 shots she faced. Buckeye backstop Raygan Kirk stopped 33 of the 34 shots she faced to get the win. The two teams will wrap up their series tomorrow at 4:00 pm EST.

Comment

• The Bulldogs responded with an overtime victory earlier today to earn a split with Ohio State. UMD jumped out to a 2-0 lead on goals from Taylor Anderson and Clara Van Wieren. Later in the first period, Gabby Rosenthal got the Buckeyes on the board and the teams went into the first intermission with Minnesota-Duluth holding a 2-1 lead. Ohio State's Sophie Jaques scored the first goal of the second period to tie it at 2-2. Later in the second period, UMD's Nina Jobst-Smith scored to give the Bulldogs a 3-2 lead heading into the second intermission. OSU's Makenna Webster scored early in the third period to tie it at 3-3. UMD's Kylie Hanley would answer to put Duluth back on top 4-3. The Bucks were not done yet as Gabby Rosenthal lit the lamp to tie it at 4-4. 60 minutes was not enough time to settle this one so the teams went into overtime where Minnesota-Duluth's Clara Van Wieren scored the game-winner at the 3:37 mark. Ohio State outshot UMD by a narrow margin, 35-32. UMD netminder Emma Soderberg stopped 31 of the 35 shots she faced to get the win. Ohio State goaltender Raygan Kirk got the start again today and stopped 27 of the 32 shots she faced in the loss. Ohio State is off next weekend and will then travel to Ithaca, NY, to face the Cornell Big Red in a non-league series on 12/17-12/18. The Bulldogs will be home again next weekend as they host St. Thomas.

Comment

• Sounds like it was one helluva game, osualum86, one that easily could have gone either way. UMD has a handful of very dangerous snipers that can take full advantage if left uncovered anywhere near your netminder. A team you'd rather not face come playoff time.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• The breaks went UMD's way this game.
                  Their 2nd goal was puck luck with the rebounding off the ref to right in front of the net for an easy score but that's hockey!
                  Also OSU had a legitimate complaint on the late penalty called against them giving UND nearly a full PP in OT when a nearly identical penalty should have been called not long before when Gabby was taken down on the ice behind UND's net but and the play by plays guys thought OSU was arguing about the inconsistency of the calls.

Comment

The breaks went UMD's way this game.
                    Their 2nd goal was puck luck with the rebounding off the ref to right in front of the net for an easy score but that's hockey!
                    Also OSU had a legitimate complaint on the late penalty called against them giving UND nearly a full PP in OT when a nearly identical penalty should have been called not long before when Gabby was taken down on the ice behind UND's net but and the play by plays guys thought OSU was arguing about the inconsistency of the calls.
                    I think you need to go back and watch the replay. The goal wasn’t scored until six seconds after it hit the ref and the puck didn’t come out in front but instead stopped down below the goal line near the corner. The Buckeyes had a couple of opportunities to make a play on the Bulldog who gained possession before she passed it out from behind the net to an unguarded teammate who scored the goal.

Regarding the penalty call, I’m not sure not sure what you are referring to on the non call earlier because I rewatched the last five minutes of regulation and saw nothing similar. The penalty itself was obvious and probably should have been called checking from behind instead of cross checking. Rogge did fall against the boards and not into them so Ludwig called probably made the cross checking call to avoid a five minute major, which would have been game changing. As it was UMD didn’t score until the the penalty ended and the game was back to three-on-three.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnOTB View Post

... As it was UMD didn’t score until the the penalty ended and the game was back to three-on-three.
                      Correct. Although a fuller story would note that UMD gained a lot of momentum on the OT PP, even though they didn't convert it. That momentum carried through until the GWG was scored.

Beyond that, I'm happy to let you and HockeyBuckeye sort out the rest.

Big Picture: UMD got off to a great start in the rematch. It felt like the Buckeyes were chasing the lead for almost the entire game. While it was great that our team had a series of fine responses, the Bulldogs really seized the initiative throughout this contest.

Even Bigger Picture: Winning 10 of the 12 Regular Season Points is a nice result for OSU. But I'm sure that breaking the losing streak felt awfully good on the UMD side.

Comment

• The Buckeyes opened their series on the road at Cornell with a 4-3 win. Ohio State jumped out to two-goal leads on three different occasions but each time, the Big Red would come back with a goal to cut the lead to one and make the Buckeyes earn this one. Jenn Gardiner scored the only goal of the first period to put the Buckeyes up 1-0 heading into the first intermission. Ohio State's Makenna Webster struck first in the second period to put the Bucks up 2-0. Cornell's Gillis Frechette answered to pull the Big Red to within 2-1. Still in the second period, the Buckeyes got a goal from Gabby Rosenthal to restore their two-goal lead at 3-1. Cornell finished the scoring in the second frame on a goal from Izzy Daniel and the teams went into the final intermission with the Bucks clinging to a 3-2 lead. Ohio State opened the scoring in the final period on a goal from Paetyn Levis to take a 4-2 lead. Cornell scored late in the game on a McKenna Van Gelder goal to make it 4-3, but that was as close as the Big Red would get in this one. Ohio State outshot Cornell 35-21 with Buckeye netminder Amanda Thiele stopping 18 of the 21 shots she faced to get the win. Cornell goaltender Belle Mende stopped 31 of the 35 shots she faced. The two teams will conclude their series tomorrow at 3:00 pm EST.
                        Last edited by osualum86; 12-18-2022, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Sunday I'll enjoy watching it streamed to my big screen. It was quite a challenge tonight watching it on my phone while being at the men's game.

Comment

Sunday I'll enjoy watching it streamed to my big screen. It was quite a challenge tonight watching it on my phone while being at the men's game.
                            Same here! Watching on my home workstation now. Listening to the feed, sounds like Cornell had a bunch of injuries. I don't know the extent of the injuries, but as tough as they played us with all the injuries, they will be a team that no one wants to see in their regional come tournament time. If they get that same goaltending and play, they will be a tough out for any team that faces them. In other news, Mrs 86 was not happy that our men whipped her Falcons tonight! All is right in our household this weekend. (insert laugh emoji here) And don't get me wrong, if BGSU is not playing Ohio State, I am all for them, but you are old enough to remember (and me as well), that game used to be a big rivalry. When I was at OSU, there was no one on the schedule I wanted to beat more than BG. Back then there was this trophy called the Ohio Cup, and well, Miami was not that good, so the Ohio Cup usually came down to the OSU vs BGSU series. Enough about that. Girls need to finish the job tomorrow. I am glad they got the win earlier, but they can play better.

Comment

• 4-0 Buckeyes! A very good weekend and a huge statement win today. Shots and shots on goal, WOW! Go Bucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post
                                4-0 Buckeyes! A very good weekend and a huge statement win today. Shots and shots on goal, WOW! Go Bucks!
                                Definitely a statement game today. Ohio State completed the sweep in dominating fashion today, outshooting Cornell 48-12 on their way to a 4-0 win. The Buckeyes got three first period goals from Gabby Rosenthal, Jenna Buglioni, and Makenna Webster to take a 3-0 lead into the first intermission and that was all they would need. Hadley Hartmetz added another goal for the Bucks in the second period to make it 4-0. Neither team could light the lamp in the final frame and the game ended with Ohio State winning 4-0. Raygan Kirk got the start in net for the Bucks and stopped all 12 shots she faced to get the win. Belle Mende and Brynn Dulac combined to stop 44 of the 48 shots they faced for Cornell. The Buckeyes will get a break until they travel to Lindenwood for a pair of games on 12/30-12/31. Cornell will break until 1/6-1/7 when they host Union and RPI.

Comment

Working...
                                X