No announcement yet.

Ohio State Buckeyes 2022-2023 ... The Drive For Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing to consider is that when teams play in a modern, multi-use facility, like when UW played in the Kohl Center, they often aren't the priority tenant. Thus, UW wasn't able to practice there often, if at all. I don't know if there was ever a case where they couldn't play there for an NCAA Tournament game, but I know UMD had to play in Superior, Wisconsin, during its years in the DECC. The OSU Ice Arena (name?) might be lacking, but at least women's hockey has influence on getting to use the facility.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• A LOT of action in the 2nd against Colgate with OSU up 4-3.
      osualum86 why aren't you here?

Comment

• Despite it being a bad rink- great atmosphere and the band is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
          Despite it being a bad rink- great atmosphere and the band is great.
          So was that you Rightnut talking to me about the rink during intermission?

Comment

• I don’t think so. I ran to the Varsity Club each time

Comment

I don’t think so. I ran to the Varsity Club each time
              Can't fault you for going to the Varsity Club. If you're there tomorrow and want to say hi I wear the #23 Buckeye jersey with the Frozen Four patch.

Comment

• Really interesting shootout choices for OSU. Morrow, Jaques, Bernard to start it off, all D. The pxp guy said that was Morrow’s first time on the ice of the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Can't fault you for going to the Varsity Club. If you're there tomorrow and want to say hi I wear the #23 Buckeye jersey with the Frozen Four patch.
                  I’ll be there and find you

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                    Really interesting shootout choices for OSU. Morrow, Jaques, Bernard to start it off, all D. The pxp guy said that was Morrow’s first time on the ice of the night.
                    Apparent the shootout does not count?

Comment

Oh right. I wonder if the coaches will keep this up next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post

Can't answer your question, but would only add that their crummy rink doesn't seem to have any impact on their recruiting.
                        And it has a positive effect on the win/loss record because we win there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          A LOT of action in the 2nd against Colgate with OSU up 4-3.
                          osualum86 why aren't you here?
                          I had planned on it. I had actually gone into the office so I could leave early and get down there. Had a situation (don't ask) and had to return home, so couldn't leave early or make it back down from our "palatial estate" in Marion. I'll be there tomorrow. Soon as I see a recap or box score I will get something on here about the game. I am thinking the girls will want this one back as they outshot Colgate by a huge margin but ended up having to settle for a tie.

Comment

Think the NCAA/Polls/PairWise counts these games as a tie.

Comment

• The recap/box score is now available on ohiostatebuckeyes.com so here is how it went tonight. First off, the "fan" part of me wants to say Ohio State probably wants this one back after outshooting Colgate by a wide margin, then having to settle for a tie. OTOH, sometimes you have to give the other team credit for getting great goaltending and capitalizing on their opportunities, not to mention the opponent, Colgate, is ranked 4th and is clearly one of the best teams in the country. Give the Raiders credit, too, for twice coming back from two-goal deficits at 2-0 and 3-1. Here is how it happened. Gabby Rosenthal, fresh off an appearance for Team USA in the Rivalry Series, scored the Bucks opening goal to give Ohio State a 1-0 lead. Kenzie Hauswirth would score later in the period to put Ohio State up 2-0. Colgate got on the board on a goal from Kassy Betinol to cut the Bucks' lead in half and the teams went into the first intermission with Ohio State up 2-1. Ohio State opened the scoring in the second period on a goal from Gabby Rosenthal to take a 3-1 lead. Colgate would score the next two goals and tie it at 3-3. The Raider goals were scored by Danielle Serdachny and Kaitlyn O'Donohoe. Just before the end of the second period, Ohio State's Jenna Buglioni scored to put the Buckeyes up 4-3 and that is how the second period ended. Colgate's Kristyna Kaltounkova scored the only goal of the third period on a power play to tie it at 4-4. Regulation ended with the 4-4 tie so the teams went into overtime where the game was decided by ... no one. 65 minutes were not enough so this one went into a shootout where Ohio State emerged victorious, getting goals from Lauren Bernard and the game-winner from Makenna Webster. As I have said previously, this one will go into the record books as a tie and will likely prevent Ohio State from staying #1 in the next set of polls, but it is better than a loss. Danielle Serdachny scored Colgate's shootout goal. The Bucks outshot the Raiders 52-21 with Colgate netminder Kayle Osborne stopping 48 of the 52 shots she faced. Buckeye netminder Amanda Thiele stopped 17 of the 21 shots she faced in this one. The two teams are back at it tomorrow with game time being 3:00 pm EST.
                              Last edited by osualum86; 11-22-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

It's only an emotional victory. The announcer at the rink didn't have his facts right when he announced the Buckeyes received the extra point for the shootout win. There are no points awarded in a non conference game.
                                The NCAA records it as a tie game.

Comment

Working...
                                X