Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/emma-p...e-of-the-week/

Guess I got that one right! LOL, not like I was going out on a limb with that one. It was a great weekend for Emma with three goals.
    Great call!

Comment

• With Minnesota losing to St.Cloud and both Ohio State and Minnesota having byes next weekend do you think we'll regain #1 in next weeks polls?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        With Minnesota losing to St.Cloud and both Ohio State and Minnesota having byes next weekend do you think we'll regain #1 in next weeks polls?
        Upfront, I need to confess that I didn't see a single second of the Gophers/Huskies game, live or highlights. But note this was a non-conference game, played at a neutral site, on an odd day of the week, for the benefit of charity. (HoF) Under those circumstances, it wouldn't surprise me if the Gophers treated the contest as essentially an exhibition. If that does reflect how the game was played, then I would guess there would be no change at the top of the rankings.

In contrast, had it been a fiercely contested WCHA League Game, with the Gophers losing by 3 goals? In that alternate world, I'm thinking that the top two spots might have flipped. But even then, I'm not certain. The voters would have the right to stress the H2H, with the Gophers coming to Columbus & winning 4 of 6 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          With Minnesota losing to St.Cloud and both Ohio State and Minnesota having byes next weekend do you think we'll regain #1 in next weeks polls?
          Let the ECAC teams (choose any of the top four) have the top of the Poll...For now.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Let the ECAC teams (choose any of the top four) have the top of the Poll...For now.

I'd be fine with that. Make Colgate #1 for now. We'll be glad to play them for the top spot on November 22nd & 23rd!

Beyond that, I do get the gist of your comment. In any given season, 3 banners are on the line. All 3 are won on the ice. Yes, the NCAA tournament field & seeding are determined quantitatively -- by the Pairwise. The Polls determine none of the above.

The Polls can be the basis for fun conversation. And perhaps temporary bragging rights. But come next March, "who was rated where" back in the Fall will be largely forgotten.
            Last edited by pgb-ohio; 11-13-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• If I'm reading the Field Hockey News correctly, OSU Field Hockey is done for the year. 7 teams qualified for the Big Ten Tournament; 5 of them moved on to the NCAA Tournament. For better or worse, Rutgers & Ohio State were the two teams that didn't advance to the NCAAs.

But for Buckeye Ice Hockey fans, there's a rather large silver lining. I'm hoping & presuming that this means that Makenna Webster will be on the ice for next weekend's Bemidji State series.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                I'd be fine with that. Make Colgate #1 for now. We'll be glad to play them for the top spot on November 22nd & 23rd!

Beyond that, I do get the gist of your comment. In any given season, 3 banners are on the line. All 3 are won on the ice. Yes, the NCAA tournament field & seeding are determined quantitatively -- by the Pairwise. The Polls determine none of the above.

The Polls can be the basis for fun conversation. And perhaps temporary bragging rights. But come next March, "who was rated where" back in the Fall will be largely forgotten.
                Correct. My western bias likes any of the four top WCHA teams in competition against any other Conference's top four (there really is only the ECAC that matches up).
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• We JOYously announce the signing of 4 New Buckeyes. Spoiler Alert: We DUNNE good.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckey...023-24-season/

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    We JOYously announce the signing of 4 New Buckeyes. Spoiler Alert: We DUNNE good.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckey...023-24-season/
                    Awesome recruitment, and you can't go wrong with another Dunn on the team!

Comment

• The Buckeyes took care of business tonight with a 5-0 win over Bemidji State. The Bucks were without key players Riley Brengman, Emma Maltais, and Gabby Rosenthal, who are all suiting up for their respective countries in the USA vs Canada Rivalry Series, so Coach Muzerall had to get creative with the lines and everything worked out. Ohio State knew they would need to work a little harder to make up for the absence of those players and they earned this one. Onto the game ... Madison Bizal opened the scoring for the Buckeyes in the first period with what would end up being the game-winner to put Ohio State up 1-0. Makenna Webster was indeed in the lineup tonight and scored the second goal to put the Buckeyes up 2-0 and that is how the first period would end. Neither team could find the back of the net in the second period and the teams went into the final frame with Ohio State leading 2-0. Paetyn Levis opened the scoring in period 3 to put the Buckeyes up 3-0. Jenna Buglioni scored the next goal to put Ohio State up 4-0 and Levis would score her second goal of the game to finish the scoring at 5-0. Ohio State outshot the Beavers 26-19 with Buckeye netminder Amanda Thiele stopping all 19 shots she faced to get the win. Bemidji State backstop Hannah Hogenson stopped 21 of the 26 shots she faced. The two teams will conclude their series tomorrow with game time being 3:00 pm EST.
                      Last edited by osualum86; 11-19-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Thankfully we'll have our international players back for the Colgate series.

Comment

• My grandchildren were there last night for their first ever college hockey game. They live in Oxford so I've got to do my best they grow up Ohio State fans and not Miami. LOL!
                          My granddaughter who's 4 received the game puck from the 1st period. She thinks it's a lucky puck because it scored two OSU goals. My grandson who's not quite 2 just stared in awe at the game. Hopefully going to the hockey games with grandpa will become a family tradition!
                          Also at the game was OSU hockey alum Chris Olsgard. It was great seeing him.

Comment

• Very nice !
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              The Buckeyes took care of business tonight with a 5-0 win over Bemidji State. The Bucks were without key players Riley Brengman, Emma Maltais, and Gabby Rosenthal, who are all suiting up for their respective countries in the USA vs Canada Rivalry Series, so Coach Muzerall had to get creative with the lines and everything worked out. Ohio State knew they would need they would need to work a little harder to make up for the absence of those players and they earned this one. Onto the game ... Madison Bizal opened the scoring for the Buckeyes in the first period with what would end up being the game-winner to put Ohio State up 1-0. Makenna Webster was indeed in the lineup tonight and scored the second goal to put the Buckeyes up 2-0 and that is how the first period would end. Neither team could find the back of the net in the second period and the teams went into the final frame with Ohio State leading 2-0. Paetyn Levis opened the scoring in period 3 to put the Buckeyes up 3-0. Jenna Buglioni scored the next goal to put Ohio State up 4-0 and Levis would score her second goal of the game to finish the scoring at 5-0. Ohio State outshot the Beavers 26-19 with Buckeye netminder Amanda Thiele stopping all 19 shots she faced to get the win. Bemidji State backstop Hannah Hogenson stopped 21 of the 26 shots she faced. The two teams will conclude their series tomorrow with game time being 3:00 pm EST.
                              Makenna Webster is with the ice hockey team full time now that field hockey season is over. She is something special and a game changer. I look forward to seeing her the rest of the season. Coach Muzerall is bringing the freshman along nicely and they are getting lots of playing time. They will be important for depth as the season progresses. Not having Brengman, Maltais and Rosenthal opens opportunities for the freshman and other upper classmen. Hopefully they take advantage of the opportunities afforded to them. Go Bucks!

Comment

• No 3 Stars for Friday Night's game. It was a rare miss for me.

I did, however. watch the full replay on Big Ten Plus. The first time I've done that for an OSU Home Game!

Really enjoyed Emily Curlett's no-nonsense style. But I have to admit I was on the receiving end of one of her candid takes. Emily went on & on about how the team's core supporters never miss a game; that we're "so reliable." And there I was, watching from cyberspace, instead of our beloved, historic facility. (embarrassed smile here)

It's back to normal for the Saturday game. And yes, I'll take the "Skate of Shame" when I arrive at the Ice Rink!

Comment

Working...
                                X