Ohio State Buckeyes 2022-2023 ... The Drive For Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

He's really not that bad a guy and I don't want to cause him any real problems. It just frustrated me for as long as he's known me and knowing my medical condition he wouldn't or couldn't make exception to accommodate a disabled person, especially one who's skated there for over sixty years. He said I could buy and use one of those skating "walkers" but there is an issue of my pride and dignity as well. I just want to try and resume my life the was it was the best I can!
    My gratitude to my fellow forum member's who see this my way.
    Muzz, if you read this board, please handle this for Hockeybuckeye ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

Muzz, if you read this board, please handle this for Hockeybuckeye ASAP!
      I appreciate the advice but I think she has more important things to do than advocate for me at the rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I appreciate the advice but I think she has more important things to do than advocate for me at the rink.
        I am sure she could take a few minutes of her precious time to inform the rink manager with that looks to kill stare of hers when pizzed that he should reconsider his actions.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post

I am sure she could take a few minutes of her precious time to inform the rink manager with that looks to kill stare of hers when pizzed that he should reconsider his actions.
          It is amusing to imagine the scenario you described but I would never try to bring her into this.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            ...with that looks to kill stare of hers when pizzed...
            No sense wasting those "looks to kill" on a rink manager.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I think things will be a tad tougher for OSU against UW this year with no players lost to the Olympics for WI.
              We were missing one of our best players last season due to the Olympics. Looking forward to seeing Emma Maltais on the ice with the Buckeyes this season!

Comment

Both games this weekend at Minnesota State will be on B1G+

Comment

Mavericks draw first blood on a breakaway!

Comment

Well I missed Ohio State's goal, the stream cut out for several minutes.
                    OSU had a PP but it looked awfully sloppy to me but no worry, it's the first PP in the first game of the season. I'm sure it will firm up! Ohio State did keep the puck in the Mavericks end of the ice for the majority of the period and we're tied 1-1 after one period.
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 09-30-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Looks like only several dozen fans in the whole arena but it is mid afternoon there and people have jobs and classes to be at.

Comment

Gardner scores on a rush up ice coming in close and going top shelf over the goalie in spited of two Maverick players trying to cover her.
                        Ohio State up 2-1

Comment

Ohio State wins 2-1
                          3rd period wasn't super exciting but the Mavericks had an excellent chance in the last minute with the extra attacker on but Thiele did her job in net and stonewalled their attempt!
                          I wouldn't say Ohio State dominated but more like they were in control of the majority of it. Go Bucks!

Comment

The Buckeyes opened the season yesterday afternoon with a 2-1 win against Minnesota State. All the scoring was done in the first 22 minutes of the game and that would be it as both goaltenders were sharp in this one. The Mavericks opened the scoring in the first period on a goal from Kelsey King to take a 1-0 lead early on. Ohio State would even the score on a goal from Gabby Rosenthal and the two teams went to the first intermission knotted at 1. Jenn Gardiner skated past two Minnesota State defenders and put a nifty backhand by Maverick netminder Lauren Barbro to make it 2-1 Buckeyes. Neither team would score the rest of the way and that is how it ended. Ohio State outshot the Mavericks in this one 32-16 with Buckeye backstop Amanda Thiele saving 15 of the 16 shots she faced. Maverick netminder Lauren Barbro stopped 30 of the 32 shots she faced. The two teams are back at it tomorrow at 1:00 pm EST.

Comment

Well Ohio State earned this one coming back from being down 4-2 to win 5-4 and holding on against an abbreviated PP with the goalie pulled for a 6 on 4!
                              The refs went well beyond "letting them play" with one of our girls cross checked to the ice well after the whistle and a hard open ice hit with no call. I could go on but let's just say the Mavericks were getting all the love from the refs.

Comment

Came across this article and thought I'd post for you OSU fans out there.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport...a/69526785007/
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X