Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion would be that if one enters another "Teams" fourm, you should be respectful of their "House." One can't be shocked or offended if the fourm of that house responds with strong opinions. I'm obviously a tOSU fanatic and if I venture into the Wisco fourm and began to speak negatively about Coach MJ or the program, I don't believe it would go well for me ... to be expected and understood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sierra View Post
      if I venture into the Wisco fourm and began to speak negatively...
      Try something like the camera angles suck in LaBahn... (which would be like calling the kettle black with how bad video is at the Yuckeye rink...)

Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 05-26-2023, 01:12 PM.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Try something like the camera angles suck in LaBahn... (which would be like calling the kettle black with how bad video is at the Yuckeye rink...)
        True as that might be, for a Buckeye to make that statement it would be the pot calling the kettle black as we have the worst video feed in the conference. To the relief of everyone that will be history when we get the new arena.

Comment

• I believe only politicians could explain tOSU video feed.

Comment

• I learned on Twitter about a non-NCAA national championship from this past year by Ohio State.

Congratulations on being Microsoft Excel national champions.
            Last edited by ManBehindTheCurtain; 06-05-2023, 07:21 PM.
            Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBehindTheCurtain View Post
              I learned on Twitter about a non-NCAA national championship from this past year by Ohio State.

Congratulations on being Microsoft Excel national champions.
              Looks like they also have Synchronized Swimming and Bollywood Fusion Dance National Championships as well...

Is this real? Because it seems fake... And BTW, how does Notre Dame not win Irish Dance? But hey, at least ND won Gaelic Football so there is that...
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Looks like they also have Synchronized Swimming and Bollywood Fusion Dance National Championships as well...

Is this real? Because it seems fake... And BTW, how does Notre Dame not win Irish Dance? But hey, at least ND won Gaelic Football so there is that...
                The sailing championships and squash championships are true.

Comment

• Originally posted by BowWowWow View Post

The sailing championships and squash championships are true.
                  Time spent on this forum is never wasted! This made my day.

Comment

• I literally live minutes from the university and I'm last person to know all this? LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I don't think there is much evidence that Muzzy doesn't develop players.
                      Exactly, Timothy A. LOL at "Muzzy doesn't develop players." Anyone who thinks that couldn't be more wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                        I believe only politicians could explain tOSU video feed.
                        LOL, I had to watch the feed in the 2020-21 season when fans weren't allowed to go to the games. I got on here and commented about how bad it was. Robertearle correctly said something along the lines of "Most of us have known this for years." Our feed is one of the worst feeds in the country, maybe THE worst. As Hockeybuckeye said, though, that will change in 2026 when we get our new arena. Really looking forward to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

LOL, I had to watch the feed in the 2020-21 season when fans weren't allowed to go to the games. I got on here and commented about how bad it was. Robertearle correctly said something along the lines of "Most of us have known this for years." Our feed is one of the worst feeds in the country, maybe THE worst. As Hockeybuckeye said, though, that will change in 2026 when we get our new arena. Really looking forward to that.
                          Wouldn't you have been at least familiar with what the stream looks like from watching 'highlight' videos or watching BTN-Plus replays, etc., when you got home from a game?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            Wouldn't you have been at least familiar with what the stream looks like from watching 'highlight' videos or watching BTN-Plus replays, etc., when you got home from a game?
                            A couple of points here.

While Wisconsin has been making highlight packages available for years, this isn't something that all programs have routinely done. Ohio State is an example of a program where there was a period where the level of the support showed a definite decline at one point. For example, the SID would travel to Minneapolis with the team for a regular-season series over roughly the first 10 years of the program. In the era around 2010-2015, that was no longer the case, and you wouldn't see the SID until the WCHA tourney. If the SID isn't traveling, a lot of the "extras" like in-game tweets, photos and interviews in recaps, etc. quickly disappear, as to the frequency of highlight packages. Even though those aren't directly related for home series, it speaks to the level of commitment to the program.

A second is that the highlights are not always the same as the game feed. For example, Minnesota will put out cinematic highlights that contain closeups, slow motion, and different angles that aren't part of the regular stream.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

Exactly, Timothy A. LOL at "Muzzy doesn't develop players." Anyone who thinks that couldn't be more wrong.
                              We all know Patty Kaz winners come pre packaged - no development needed, just add ice! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                On those rare occasions when the BTN or the local media actually paid attention to our program, they would have a camera person on the wall so the highlights weren't bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X