This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

Doubt if anything was pre-arranged, but keep telling yourself Coach Muzerall broke rules if it makes you feel better. It's more likely that the player saw that Ohio State had a bunch of openings and wanted to come play for a National Title contender for her last season or two. I like that you and the others feel so threatened by Ohio State now that you have to come over here to our thread and smear our program. It's like you think if you bad-mouth our program enough, you might flip one of our recruits to your school or something. LOL, good luck with that. You can say what you want about Coach Muzerall, but when it comes to recruiting, no one outworks her. Based on your point of view, should we have investigated when Clarkson poached our goaltenders? Sydney Morrow was only in the transfer portal for a matter of days before she committed to Colgate. Maybe the Muzzinator should get that investigated to see if Colgate tampered, huh? LOL, don't get all bent as I am not serious about the last couple statements. I don't really believe there were any rules violated when our goaltenders went to Clarkson, or when two of our kids who entered the transfer portal landed at other schools within a matter days. I don't think our coach is violating rules either, regardless of speculation from rival fans or rival coaches.
    I'm ALL for investigating potential improper contacts wherever and whenever they might have happened.

Was this even a matter of days? I don't remember for certain when I last looked at the website that lists the names in the portal, but I think it was Saturday. And Grace Shirley was the 'most recent' addition then. Maybe the people putting the names up there were slow. Maybe not.

Read what I wrote again: I allowed that there could be completely allowable contact between players one school to another; and that a player could hit the portal and find a new school all within a matter of hours, under the right conditions.

I also said "whatever; drop the puck". Does that sound "threatened"? LOL

(And BTW: Hockeybuckeye brought up the idea that it was "pre-arranged" on the PSU comment thread before I even started reading about it tonight.)
    Last edited by robertearle; 05-01-2023, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Show me where after the season is over there's a rules violation if the player initiated the contact? Are you really in the dark that many players going into the portal don't have it pre-arranged with their new team?
      And if you don't think "genius" is the right word what word would you use or would you be in trouble with the forum moderators or have the guts to go there?
      For those unhappy with the stellar success of our coach's recruiting just wait until after next season when YOUR top talent announce they're now Buckeyes! LOL!!
      I posted the link. It quotes the exact rule. If a player not yet in the portal were to contact a representative of another school, that representative should break off the contact immediately.
      Last edited by robertearle; 05-01-2023, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Just when you thought the summer doldrums were upon us......Smack! Wham! Pow! Calamity Jane robs another bank.

So, was there any tampering? We would need to know when Zanon entered the official NCAA portal. There could be a lag time between entering the official portal and it getting posted on these secondary sights we all stare at all day. Does anyone here have access to the official NCAA portal? If yes, when did she get officially listed on there? That would tell us everything we need to know.

Certainly a player of her caliber would have been contacted by many top tier programs. She would have probably needed a fair amount of time to sift through all the contacts. It's a pretty big decision to make in 29.5587 seconds. Kinda like seeing someome's picture on Tinder and meeting up at the courthouse in front of the judge as your first date.

Or, in keeping with the Batman theme, as of right now it looks like she busted into the bank after hours and took a pile of cash out of the drawer vs walking into it during regular business hours and making a simple legal withdrawal.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• I just assume the players all talk to each other at worlds try out camp and figure out what’s up. Last year Knight was recruiting Compher to go to Wisco.

Sucks for Penn State. Saw some RMU fans saying they would win the crown in year 1. Overlooking Mercyhurst. Tsk, tsk.

Comment

• The Yuckeye faithful getting worked up about Sinner posters geting worked up about the Muzzinator doing bidness...Keeping with the Batman bit...Delicious.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              The Yuckeye faithful getting worked up about Sinner posters geting worked up about the Muzzinator doing bidness...Keeping with the Batman bit...Delicious.
              No, it's that if anyone implies that Muzerall broke any rules is BS and being trolls. Little tolerance for trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                The Yuckeye faithful getting worked up about Sinner posters geting worked up about the Muzzinator doing bidness...Keeping with the Batman bit...Delicious.
                Doesn't Stone remind you of the Penguin? Or does Crowell?

Comment

No, it's that if anyone implies that Muzerall broke any rules is BS and being trolls. Little tolerance for trolls.
                  The trolls are like stray cats. If you feed them, they will keep coming back. If you don't feed them, they will go somewhere else to get fed. You and I need to stop feeding the trolls. And yeah, totally agree with you that Nadine is not breaking rules. She has worked too hard to build our program into a National Championship contender to tear it down by violating rules. The trolls can't stand the fact that kids actually want to come to Ohio State instead of their schools.
                  Last edited by osualum86; 05-02-2023, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Doesn't Stone remind you of the Penguin? Or does Crowell?
                    Good question...Maybe Crowell?

Did someone say stray cats?... Stray Cats
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 05-02-2023, 03:28 PM.
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

And if you don't think "genius" is the right word what word would you use
                      The word is “betrayal” as in what she’s doing to the underclassmen she’d already recruited. A player would be a fool to think she can join OSU as a freshman and expect any loyalty at all from Muzz in the long run. Players and the parents advising them aren’t stupid and Muzz’s transfer portal tactics will benefit other schools as at least some players see the writing on the wall at OSU and commit somewhere else.

Comment

• The Tarkanian era ended at UNLV at some point, but it was a nice ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                          The Tarkanian era ended at UNLV at some point, but it was a nice ride.
                          AKA Egghead.

Comment

• Oh man! You will not believe who's jumping ship now to become a Buckeye! Unbelievable!!

Comment

Oh man! You will not believe who's jumping ship now to become a Buckeye! Unbelievable!!
                              I should have known Calamity Jane would somehow find an 8th year of eligibility for Kessel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

The word is “betrayal” as in what she’s doing to the underclassmen she’d already recruited. A player would be a fool to think she can join OSU as a freshman and expect any loyalty at all from Muzz in the long run. Players and the parents advising them aren’t stupid and Muzz’s transfer portal tactics will benefit other schools as at least some players see the writing on the wall at OSU and commit somewhere else.
                                Pretty bold and unfounded comment. Can you name a player she "betrayed"? You forget once an NLI is signed and submitted it's a binding contract that can't be broken unless both coach and player agree. No signed player has been told no thanks! Prove what you say or don't say it.

Comment

Working...
                                X