X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Nice...

Lets hope the Muzzinator doesn't go down this path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVJyf0ft3I
    Frequently when I'm watching a game streamed from the OSU rink, there's an usher to the right as the camera looks; older guy, white hair, kind of "round", wearing a black OSU baseball cap and a scarlet windbreaker. And I always think "It's nice they found a job for Woody in his retirement."

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Frequently when I'm watching a game streamed from the OSU rink, there's an usher to the right as the camera looks; older guy, white hair, kind of "round", wearing a black OSU baseball cap and a scarlet windbreaker. And I always think "It's nice they found a job for Woody in his retirement."
      Certainly a ghost but maybe this look...But probably older looking?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAE
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

Certainly a ghost but maybe this look...But probably older looking?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAE
        We're talking about the video from the OSU rink. Detailed description is impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

We're talking about the video from the OSU rink. Detailed description is impossible.
          Ah yes...Should have factored that in. Maybe a bit more like this video quality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZyvWzpAHck
          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-31-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

Those that are leaving, it was their choice. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
            Haters are going to hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

Those that are leaving, it was their choice. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.
              You must have a few Muzzinator posters on your bedroom walls.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTOM View Post

osualum86 knows our coach doesn't drive her players away.
                All teams have players that don't get the playing time they desire, it's called a depth chart. Since the Transfer Portal came into being player exodus has become commonplace in college sports and each players reason for moving on is unique to themselves. But I can confidentiality say no player at Ohio State is ever made to feel they can't stay.
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-31-2023, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

osualum86 knows our coach doesn't drive her players away.
                  All teams have players that don't get the playing time they desire, it's called a depth chart. Since the Transfer Portal came into being player exodus has become commonplace in college sports and each players reason for moving on is unique to themselves. But I can confidentiality say no player at Ohio State is ever made to feel they can't stay.
                  And without going into details, I can tell you for a fact Muzz has told players over the years they’ll be getting little to no ice time moving forward based on the projected roster. It’s also factual she wouldn’t be the first coach to do this. It’s still the player’s choice to transfer or not but, come on, stop acting like your coach doesn’t ever help along their choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post

And without going into details, I can tell you for a fact Muzz has told players over the years they’ll be getting little to no ice time moving forward based on the projected roster. It’s also factual she wouldn’t be the first coach to do this. It’s still the player’s choice to transfer or not but, come on, stop acting like your coach doesn’t ever help along their choice.
                    Again, name me one program that doesn't have a depth chart? This isn't rec league where everyone gets a chance to play. It's the coaches JOB to put the best players in the lineup that in their professional opinion to give their team the best chance of success. There's no participation trophies at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Again, name me one program that doesn't have a depth chart? This isn't rec league where everyone gets a chance to play. It's the coaches JOB to put the best players in the lineup that in their professional opinion to give their team the best chance of success. There's no participation trophies at this level.
                      We actually might be saying the same thing in different ways because I agree with you. The subtle difference might be that, to me, when you tell a player they’re not going to be getting any ice time moving forward, you’re essentially encouraging them to transfer which some seem to be suggesting Muzz doesn’t do. (And we both agree she’s not the only coach to likely do this.)

Lastly, some of us on the board think Muzz makes such liberal use of the portal that it shows a lack of commitment to the younger players she’s recruited. Players certainly know going in they have to earn ice time. But it’s one thing to battle for time against others in your class or younger players coming after you while there’s no battling with the likes of Barnes, Bilka, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Good one? He was the absolute best choice available. Awesome one.

Muzzy is a rebuilder. She's achieved everything she set out for at tosu. Time for a new challenge. If not Hawvawd, then BC. They need a change too.
                        Not going to happen with B1G money and a new arena. For better or worse, there are three premier jobs on the women's side moving forward: Ohio State, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Everything else is a step below. Now, our hockeyphobic AD can still screw that up, but that's probably a few years away, and he's getting old...real old...retirement old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post

Not going to happen with B1G money and a new arena. For better or worse, there are three premier jobs on the women's side moving forward: Ohio State, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Everything else is a step below. Now, our hockeyphobic AD can still screw that up, but that's probably a few years away, and he's getting old...real old...retirement old.
                          In all his time here the only time I saw him at a men's hockey game is when we were playing is Alma Mater - Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTOM View Post

No doubt but I have to admit...I wouldn't mind getting one of those. Especially with the caption "We'd Rather Play Wisconsin".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post

Haters are going to hate.
                              And...

Muzzinator Gonna Muzzinate copyright Hockeybuckeye

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                                For better or worse, there are three premier jobs on the women's side moving forward: Ohio State, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Everything else is a step below. Now, our hockeyphobic AD can still screw that up, but that's probably a few years away, and he's getting old...real old...retirement old.
                                Maybe, but he's six years removed from being MJ old, so we might see the impact of retirement somewhere other than Columbus first among those three. Even when legendary coaches don't opt for retirement, the player pool starts to get a little skittish that they might.

EDIT: I guess I was looking at the wrong Gene Smith; I was wondering why you were claiming he was that close to retirement!
                                Last edited by ARM; 04-03-2023, 10:48 AM.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X