Ohio State Buckeyes 2022-2023 ... The Drive For Duluth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Tickets are being sold not by Ticketmaster but through UMD's ticket office. My two seats for the whole series in reserved chairback senior rates was $56.00
    Actually tickets are being sold by Ticketmaster as well, but you found the best path. Good job.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post

Pgb's three stars was prophetic as Teagan Grant did light the lamp today. Not gonna lie, that was my favorite moment today! Big shout-out to Teags for that one! My second favorite moment today was seeing Quinn Kuntz get the start in net and the shutout win! It was a memorable Senior Day!
      Hope we're not falling into the trap of groupthink! (winking emoticon here)

I'm currently stargazing and will post the results in a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        You r welcome.
        Nice job. Hey, make sure you behave next weekend because I heard Coach Nadine now knows who you are and where you sit, LOL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          Hope we're not falling into the trap of groupthink! (winking emoticon here)

I'm currently stargazing and will post the results in a bit.
          Sounds good! Cannot wait to see this edition of the Three Stars of the Week! It was a special day. Senior Days usually are! Haven't seen happy tears like that since Senior Day 2020 when Elise Riemenschneider got her first collegiate goal! After Wisconsin's win vs the Gophers, I am stoked for next weekend as we have a chance for a program first ... a WCHA Regular Season Title. It will be a big challenge at LaBahn as it will be their Senior Weekend and we will see an energized Wisconsin team coming off their 7-5 win over Minnesota. But, hey, if you want to win this thing, you have to find a way to get four points up there. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

Actually tickets are being sold by Ticketmaster as well, but you found the best path. Good job.
            I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing out my error.

Comment

• Watching the Minnesota-Wiscondin game, OSU hockey alum Paul Caponigri was on BTN doing the pre, intermission and post game coverage. I may have to mention to him he should have at least mentioned how the results of that game at the moment puts Ohio State solely in first place in their conference.

Comment

• Final Score From Saturday, February 11th
                Ohio State 5
                St. Thomas 0

Senioritis

Maybe you had senioritis in high school. Maybe college. Maybe both. Regardless, you know the symptoms. You've "clinched" graduation. You know what's coming next, and it's a good plan. So your motivation and work ethic suffers. Short term pleasures take priority.

Today was Senior Day for Buckeye Women's Hockey. And yes, there was senioritis. Highly contagious senioritis. But it was the exact opposite of the usual malady. Pre-game, a meaningful ceremony was held for the Buckeye Seniors and their families. Then the highly motivated class hit the ice. The enthusiasm was infectious, and quickly spread through the entire roster. Call It "Good Senioritis." Kind of like Good Cholesterol! Ohio State harnessed that energy to complete the sweep of St. Thomas.

Three Stars Of The Game: Decidedly Unofficial & Just For Fun

St. Thomas Honorable Mention: (tie) Gabby Billing; Anna Solheim and Maija Almich
                The top set of Tommie Forwards performed admirably. They created a good number of quality chances; particularly in the 3rd Period when St. Thomas generated 10 SOG. Just as importantly, they had no goals against. So all 3 players were even on the +/- stat, despite the 5-0 loss. Cause for joy? Well, not exactly. But a solid job under the circumstances.

Ohio State Honorable Honorable Mention: All Of The Seniors Honored In Today's Ceremony
                There's no way I can do justice to this spectacular class in this limited space. You've all been on my Stars List at one time or another. And some of you have earned mentions often. Very often.

Let me leave it like this. I'm proud of each and every one of you. Thanks for all of the memories. And fittingly enough, all 3 of today's Stars go to members of the Senior Class.

#3 Star: Jenn Gardiner, Ohio State
                A three point night for Senior Gardiner, and what a three points they were. First, Jenn's carefully placed pass enabled one the nicer tips you'll ever see -- courtesy of Gabby Rosenthal. Third, Jenn had the primary assist on Teagan Grant's memorable tally. (See below) In between came the Gardiner Goal. Here's the story:

The play begins with Madison Bizal at the left point. Quick little forward pass to Jenna Buglioni. Cross-ice pass to Sophie Jaques at the right point. Meanwhile, Jenn is slicing across the slot. Perfectly timed pass from Sophie to Jenn. The St. Thomas goalie is fooled and flat-footed. Gardiner pulls the puck to the right and taps it in. Checkmate.

#2 Star: Quinn Kuntz, Ohio State
                Senior Kuntz got the start in goal; her 5th win; and of course the shutout. 17 saves on 17 shots isn't a heavy workload, but their was definitely some quality work required. As noted above, St. Thomas mounted a serious attack in the 3rd Period, particularly on a late power play. Quinn made two fine saves on that PP, and shut the door the rest of the way to preserve the shutout.

#1 Star: Teagan Grant, Ohio State
                Just like Emerson Jarvis on Friday, Senior Grant scored her first goal as a Buckeye on Saturday. Anticipation? Plenty. And The Waiting Was The Hardest Part. With her supportive teammates rallying on Grant's behalf, many approaches were attempted. Face-off plays with Teagan as the designated shooter. Backdoor plays designed for Teagan. Teagan crashing the net. And so on.

The magic moment finally came at 13:56 of the 3rd. Dominating along the left wing boards, Jenn Gardiner and Gabby Rosenthal corral the puck and gain the St. Thomas zone. Gabby sends Jenn on her way, and Gardiner carries the puck behind the Tommie net. Meanwhile, Brooke Bink crashes the net and sets up a screen. Enter Grant as the 4th attacker. Centering pass from Jenn to Teagan. Thrilling top shelf shot for Teagan's 1st Goal as a Buckeye! Hug Pile on the ice. Hug Piles on the Buckeye Bench.

But hold on. More waiting. Play under review for possible goaltender interference. Now c'mon. Brooke would never do that, would she? (winking emoticon here) The crowd howls in protest. Moments pass. Enough time for the referees to do their due diligence. Finally, the announcement: Good Goal!! Everyone explodes, players and fans alike.

Originally posted by pgb-ohio
                Confidential To The Players: Next we get one for Teagan.
                osualum86 gives me credit for prophecy. I'm not so sure about that. But I certainly got my wish!

Up Next: Road Trip To Wisconsin, With The WCHA Regular Season Championship On The Line. The Badgers Were Magnificent This Weekend Against The Gophers. So Our Buckeyes Would Be Well Advised To Bring Their A+ Game. Go Bucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkruczynski View Post

Emerson Jarvis goal was a favorite of all the goals tonight. I love EJ style of play. Slight in stature but will go mix it up with the big opponents. EJ doesn’t back down. She reminds me of a more under control Bink, another favorite. The team’s explosion of support for EJ reminded me when Elise Reimenschneider scored her lone goal several years ago against St. Cloud. Great reaction then, great reaction last night. Go Bucks!
                  Originally posted by osumalum86
                  Haven't seen happy tears like that since Senior Day 2020 when Elise Riemenschneider got her first collegiate goal!
                  Great catch, guys. I have clear memories of the Reimenschneider goal as well. And yes, it was very much the same situation.

But this time we had lightning strike twice, in the same way, on consecutive days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing out my error.
                    I wouldn't call it an error. I just made an addition to your story! Again, kudos for finding the best deal.

Comment

Nice job. Hey, make sure you behave next weekend because I heard Coach Nadine now knows who you are and where you sit, LOL!!
                      Gee thanks for reminding me lol. I think she'll have a little more on her mind than one passionate WI hockey fan cheering on his team.

Really great to hear that Grant scored. What defensive pairing is she on?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

There's no perfect answer to that. Teagan was a starter yesterday, paired with Hadley Hartmetz. But that was a Senioritis Starting Line-Up. On the Line Chart, she was paired with Sydney Morrow. But that's misleading as well. The team utilized all kinds of Senioritis Combinations & Tactics.

For those of us who follow Ohio State game in and game out, it was really fun. But for someone trying to learn about the Buckeyes in order to be a more knowledgeable observer? There wasn't much information to be gained this weekend.

Comment

Gee thanks for reminding me lol. I think she'll have a little more on her mind than one passionate WI hockey fan cheering on his team.
                          You might want to consider wearing Depends in case she turns around and gives you the stink eye. I can't think of anything more terrifying! LOL!
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-12-2023, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I was just teasing, although I may be right, she might know who you are and where you sit. I agree with you, though, she will have other things on her mind than the two sold out crowds at LaBahn next weekend and the passionate WI fans cheering on their team! So, when are you coming to Columbus? Hockeybuckeye and some of the others want to meet you in person. I have made a few trips to LaBahn so I got to meet you and Robertearle, but I don't think the other guys have. Four years ago (2018-19 season) our team went up to LaBahn, got two shootout wins (4 of the 6 points) and knocked Wisconsin out of first place for the WCHA Regular Season Title. The tables are turned now and I am sure the Badgers would love to spoil our regular season title hopes. Should be two great games.
                            Last edited by osualum86; 02-12-2023, 10:47 PM.

Comment

So, when are you coming to Columbus? Hockeybuckeye and some of the others want to meet you in person.
                              Being a Mustang person myself having owned a 70 Boss 302, a '66 GT350 Shelby and other originals I don't blame Timothy for not wanting to put the miles on his beloved Mustang road tripping through the salty roads of Ohio!
                              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-12-2023, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Coach changes the D pairings from time to time, but for a good chunk of the season, Teagan has been paired with Sydney Morrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X