No announcement yet.

Colgate 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A final of 9-3 for the Raiders; can't remember Cornell yielding that many for a long time, but I could be forgetful. Whoops, not quite final yet, but in final seconds.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Would not have expected that result. Hope we don’t need some of those goals back for today. Our last true test is Feb. 2 vs. Yale. Swept by OSU and Qpac…really need the sweep here or else we’ll show we can’t put our money where our mouth is. Let’s take care of business today. Go ‘gate
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Total trap game. Coach knew it, but most of team apparently didn't get message maybe thinking yesterday was reality. Cornell is going to be very good in next few seasons. Tons of talent with Izzy Daniel, Gillis Frechette et al and best frosh recruiting class this year. I feel bad for Osbourne who played well. We weren't bad just little sense of urgency resulted in sloppiness at end of 2nd and then it was too late. Meanwhile Cornell was committed to showing yesterday was an aberration.
        Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-21-2023, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Kudos to the Cornell for the tremendous rebound. Saw it coming a mile away. We barely had 20 shots today and continue to give up 3+ goals. Colgate is good, but not top tier like OSU & Yale. 20-win seasons are great, but gotta beat ranked teams. Glad to see Qpac lose today.

Back to the drawing board…we all remember our last matchup with Harvard :-/
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• I like how we match up against Yale so we'll see
            in a few weeks in Class of '65.

Comment

• Static poll this week; still a bit high imo. Think Yale is wicked stingy on defense; just getting the puck across center ice against them is an accomplishment. Every game feels like a trap game. Still surprised and disappointed that we played Cornell twice so inconsistently. That’s a problem. Seeing how Harvard has struggled, we should not have a result similar to before. I’m still not sold on either goaltender. Can’t wait to be there Sat!
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Unsettling first period against the Big Green, and a trap game looms ahead today vs. Harvard.
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• This team is getting ready for the Post Season...they have the pieces and when you win a lot of games and are expected to win games the standard can be tough...have faith in this group...two good goaltenders and really good depth...really good all around player if not the top player in NCAA in Serdachny and best natural goal scorer in Kalty...They will make a push this year for the big trophy.

Comment

• The series against SLU was concerning and shows we are not a top-caliber team. Forget the postseason and take care of business convincingly one game at a time. OSU and Yale would have won handily. Colgate is good, but that’s not good enough.
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Here we go Colgate, here we go !!!
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• A rough and tumble one today as it always is on the north country trips. TB, what's troubling to me is not what Yale or OSU would do against SLU but our continuing to take dumb penalties that caused the tie against them. Kalty's blindsider at the end of today's game vs Clarkson should have consequences from our coaches. I'd bench her against Brown next weekend. She can double shift against Yale Fri night though. But come on, play smart at this time of year.

Comment

• Shutting down Clarkson at Cheel? I’ll take it!

Lack of discipline is an huge concern. Unfortunately, the loss to SLU has not preempted any change. The players do it to themselves, perhaps bc they are on everyone’s radar. Also troubling is being outshot by ranked teams. This has been par for the course for several years.

The season does not come down to our next game. Imo we are definitely the underdogs. There is no home ice advantage; have always said better teams win on the road and Yale’s record speaks for itself. The Bulldogs still put 3 against us and with their stingy defense, that would normally be enough to win it. Beating them was great, but think it was more that they had a bad game, like Qpac against Princeton. We’ll be lucky to get the puck past center ice, whereas we’ll skate backwards in defense from their zone into ours, just feet from our goalie. Which one will get the nod?

Wish it was not a 3pm game.
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• I hate to see the pessimism about your upcoming game against Yale. For obvious reasons I'd like to see a Colgate win.

Comment

• HockeyBuckeye,

Never fear, TB is simply our greatest fears personified and not entirely representative of all our feelings. That said, we played great to beat Yale in their barn and will need to play good, smart hockey to do it again in our place. We are certainly capable, but I'll always root for the ECAC against you guys, UM, UMD and UW regardless...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                                HockeyBuckeye,

Never fear, TB is simply our greatest fears personified and not entirely representative of all our feelings.
                                Good to hear. Having seem your team play in Columbus this season I know they can play well. Yale is a solid team but you played us dead even our first game and no team is invulnerable. You just have to play your best game of the season so far and hope the puck luck of the lucky bounces don't go against you. I'll get to watch it on ESPN+ it seems. Good Luck! ​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X