Colgate 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    Women had 800 fans friday and over 1200 saturday, I know it's family weekend but it's still great !
    I'm really looking forward to Colgate coming to Columbus next month. Do you think we'll get many of your fans attending? It's very odd that the games are scheduled the Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving which could make attending difficult for many.

Comment

Maybe some parents will attend, other than that, no ! Colgate #1 PWR plays at undefeated Q-Pac this weekend, check it out on ESPN+.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

This is an old post I apparently did not upload from the Penn State series but want to now...

Elissa B with her first goal and game winner of what we hope will be a long and highly decorated career. Great team depth and pressure all game long. PSU is a very good team, Janake will be an all American before she graduates...maybe this year
        Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-24-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Regarding OSU series, I agree with sshablak, we do not travel all that well but our women are used to playing on hostile ice and will fight like hell. It should be a great test for both tesms. A bigger concern right now is our tough away weekend ahead with Qpac folliwed by Princeton with the great Sarah Fillier back on the squad...

Comment

Devil’s Advocate, if I may.

Amazing, record start this season. Hope we can spread the goal scoring a bit more. Murphy gets my nod in net over Osborne every time.

We were not as disciplined last year as we tentatively seem to be so far this season. We also seem to be shooting the puck more. We were often outshot last season, turned the puck over often, and had trouble clearing the zone.

Colgate does not have a consistent, proven, winning record against top 5 teams. Penn St and Vermont are good wins, but let’s see how they finish. Mopping up RIT was expected, but does not give us bragging rights. OSU is a different caliber and the defending national champion. We may be No. 1 in the PWR (a huge coup), but the Buckeyes are No. 1 in the polls for a reason.

Cannot look past Princeton, which hasn’t even played a game. And the fact that we’ve played 9 just doesn’t matter. The Ivies always get a late start and come out on fire without skipping a beat. Qpac had an amazing run last season and can play spoiler. Thankfully, I believe their star goalie graduated.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

TckrBill, you're hardly playing devil's advocate but instead are right on per usual. I fear no 2 teams anywhere more than Princeton and Cornell. In one recent article I read Cornell was touted as having the #1 recruiting class this year and we were #2. Both are always very fast and Princeton has arguably the best young woman hockey player on the planet in Sarah Fillier who dominated in the Olympics and was just a tad below that in the World Championships. For some reason we match up better vs QPac and Clarkson so I fear them a tad less. Yale will be interesting. They were great last year can they compete again in '22-23? If we play well in the ECAC against these 5 teams I think OSU could be a toss up. Per Coach Fargo in today's piece on the athletics site we're the fastest team he's had to date and the depth through the 4th line is impressive. Those two assets could be the difference makers if we are to rise from "almost" in years past..

Comment

Games on at 6:00 I want to see this Fillier play.

Comment

This game was as expected through the first two periods. Colgate relinquished a lead that lasted only minutes with Osborne in net, and had been outshot by double digits. Images of yesteryear panned through my head. Jury is still out on how any of the Ivies will even fare this year, #10 Princeton included…

But the Raiders were opportunistic and broke it open in the third. With nine games under our belt, it was not a gimme for Colgate. The Princeton goalie misplayed some bad pucks IMO.

Cornell lost to Qpac tonight (A-men!) setting up a tremendous showdown in Hamden. Off to our best start in history, but still need to shoot the puck more and block those shots. Should see Murphy in net, hope she’s a brick wall. A split on the road is great, but here’s to keeping the magic rolling.

And the men’s team should be disbanded, starting with the coaching staff. Losing at home 2-1 to 1-4 Vermont. I know, I know…we’re not supposed to talk about how bad we are. This will be the year we will beat Cornell for, like, the third time in history and will skate past Qpac for our second ECA Title.

But what did Vaughan say? Oh yeah: “Too many ppl judge a season on the first 8 games.”

Damn right I do. And it didn’t even take that many.
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

#2 beat #1 last night and #5 beat #3. Colgate #4 beat #10 5-1. PWR we fall from #1 to #3 with Q-pac jumping over us to #2. PWR is funny sometimes.

Comment

What’s not funny is another somewhat predictable shutout loss against a quality opponent. This has been the norm for several years. Would be damn lucky for a split at OSU. At least we crushed RIT.
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

A tough loss but a very good game played by two quality teams. But for one tipped goal...

We'll meet again and OSU had a loss and a tie at their own rink against the Gophers so they move down along with us...

Comment

Keep cheering for the lousy men’s team where you belong, shabby.
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

I agree with Oldtimer - it was a good game by both teams. TchrBill - perhaps you could start looking at the glass being half full, instead of half empty. This is a premier team with lots of great hockey to be played. Go 'gate!!

Comment

I do look at it as half full. There are improvements from last season. The problem is it’s still shy of a full glass. Keeping your entire roster scoreless is not a fluke. It will not get any easier and makes the early games less convincing. Happens many times when we’re up against our own talent level.
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                                I do look at it as half full. There are improvements from last season. The problem is it’s still shy of a full glass. Keeping your entire roster scoreless is not a fluke. It will not get any easier and makes the early games less convincing. Happens many times when we’re up against our own talent level.
                                Happens to EVERYBODY when they are up against their (true) talent level. Good luck the rest of the way.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X