No announcement yet.

Colgate 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They’re making their 10th straight appearance. How many titles do the Badgers have? Wisconsin has tens of thousands of students. An enormous arena with exuberant fans. Colgate is always David, not Goliath.
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Tournament prediction. Sorry, ECAC. Your players just aren’t talented enough, and your League is just not competitive enough. Nice run, Colgate, Yale, Clarkson and Quinnipiac.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ter-selections
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
        Colgate is always David, not Goliath.
        If UW loses on Thursday, then like it or not, you're going to be Goliath come Saturday. Either way, or you're going to be the favorite.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
          Tournament prediction. Sorry, ECAC. Your players just aren’t talented enough, and your League is just not competitive enough. Nice run, Colgate, Yale, Clarkson and Quinnipiac.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...ter-selections
          Just read the article. I have no idea who’s going to win any of these. There’s the likely scenarios and then there’s the not too impossible but less likely scenarios. there are great games ahead of us, best time of year in women’s sports.

the author is picking 3 Wcha teams and 1 HE team to advance. When was the last frozen four with three teams from a conference? Granted the 11 team field makes it more likely but this seems bold. To be fair I was just contemplating—— could we see 3 ECAC teams in the frozen four? Colgate and Yale are the higher seeds. Throw in the possibility of OSU getting knocked off the top of the mountain somehow… it’s not impossible. But then I said, three from one conference, no way. Apparently others disagree.

colgates on a tear. 13 goals last weekend ! My goodness. Like I say I don’t know who will advance but it will be a good one. Hope your rink is packed. The players and facility both merit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post

Just read the article. I have no idea who’s going to win any of these. There’s the likely scenarios and then there’s the not too impossible but less likely scenarios. there are great games ahead of us, best time of year in women’s sports.

the author is picking 3 Wcha teams and 1 HE team to advance. When was the last frozen four with three teams from a conference? Granted the 11 team field makes it more likely but this seems bold. To be fair I was just contemplating—— could we see 3 ECAC teams in the frozen four? Colgate and Yale are the higher seeds. Throw in the possibility of OSU getting knocked off the top of the mountain somehow… it’s not impossible. But then I said, three from one conference, no way. Apparently others disagree.

colgates on a tear. 13 goals last weekend ! My goodness. Like I say I don’t know who will advance but it will be a good one. Hope your rink is packed. The players and facility both merit it.
            Last year Ohio State survived a double OT game vs Quinnipiac; and if I recall correctly, Q ring the pipe loudly during the second OT. An inch away...

(I had to look it up, Arlen could probably do it in his head: 3 WCHA teams in the final four in 2009 and 2021)
            Last edited by robertearle; 03-06-2023, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              3 WCHA teams in the final four in 2009 and 2021)
              The 2009 tourney stands out because the fourth team was Mercyhurst, so no representative from either ECAC or HEA; think that's the only time that happened. I remember the earliest tournaments far better than the recent ones, and back then, 3 ECAC and 1 WCHA team was fairly common (2001, 2004, 2005). Shortly thereafter, people started to predict that HEA would supplant the ECAC as the top Eastern league, and for a while, teams like UNH, BC, and BU made that look like a possibility.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

LOL.

No, Wisconsin isn't looking past anybody.

They've lost this year to Penn State, to Quinnipiac, to St Cloud. They lost to Duluth three out of four. They can beat anybody in the field, and - with the possible exception of LIU - they can lose to anybody in the field. They're not looking past anybody.
                The Sinners are the biggest wild card. They probaly have the most boom or bust potential as far as what they can accomplish in the tournament.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Sinners ?
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    Sinners ?
                    Wiscon-SIN

Comment

Sinners ?
                      Lame eh?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Clarkson had a nice run a few years ago,
                        but until The ECAC kicks some WCHA butt
                        on a consistent basis we will remain the David come Frozen 4 time each year especially on this site.

Time to start changing the perception is right now!!!

Comment

• Great news that Danielle is a top 3 finalist for the Patty Kaz. I don't think a lot of people at Gate or in Central NY know what a big deal her senior season has been and the quality of hockey being played at Class of '65. Should give a further boost to our already very strong recruiting efforts.

Comment

• Takeaways from the article below:

1) Colgate may make the FF because “we just can’t see 3 teams from the WCHA”
                            What a ringing endorsement.

2) Jacques will win the Kaz because “she has kept OSU at No. 1 [in the polls] all season”

The USA Hockey Foundation announced Wednesday that Sophie Jaques (Ohio State), Alina Mueller (Northeastern) and Danielle Serdachny (Colgate) have been
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Wisco had more goals than LIU had shots, 9 vs 7.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Wisco had more goals than LIU had shots, 9 vs 7.
                                More goals than shots! More goals than shots! Love that chant. It's not happening tomorrow for sure but it will be interesting for you to get your own goal horn blown at you.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X