No announcement yet.

Colgate 22-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was cool having Jim's daughter here, but although a very good player she wasn't of record book caliber. Sort of like Pierre McGuire's son on the men's team now or Bill Belichick's daughter when she played lacrosse at Gate.

Noticed we're ranked 3rd this week which is higher than I ever recall. That's never a good thing for a Colgate team. I'm much more comfortable with all the WCHA teams knowing they're the best and telling everyone about it all the time. I think Gate and most other ECAC and Hockey East teams do better when we keep our heads down and let the world west of the Columbus, Ohio discount us just like the National selection committee does when picking players for the US Women's Team...are MN, WI, MI and OH the only states in the country with colleges that play hockey?

Comment

• Lol OT share those same sentiments. It’s a shame bc the ECAC has proven itself to be no pushover, but like you, usually prefer the underdog status. As for Craig, thought the same thing. Just like the family connection to hockey folklore. Bittersweet to be 0.5 behind Yale in the standings. Any other season and ‘Gate would be the RS champion. Guess we’ll have to shoot for the ECAC Title ;-) Will see them in action this w/e in the Capital District. Can’t wait.
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Hope we finish strong and you have a great closing weekend experience. Then on to the playoffs and fingers crossed we don't have to play Q...

Comment

• Last year, we lost to Yale x2 in the regular season, beat them for the ECAC Title, then lost to them again the the NCAA first round at home. Maybe we’re due vs Qpac. They’re both NCAA contenders so any outcome is a toss-up. I’d say both of their goalies are slightly better than ours :-/
          C O L G A T E
          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
          1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Congratulations to all on a great regular season even if we finished a very close 2nd to a team we beat twice. I had hoped that with this possibly being Coach Stone's last regular season game H would put up some sort of fight against Yale but apparently not to be. Embarrassing for them, heaven for Yale! Q ended on a downer weekend too. We have to be really focused in the playoffs. Pedal to the metal. Congrats to Bieds for tying Smigs frosh scoring record, two players who bring a lot of joy to Gate fans which will continue.
            Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-18-2023, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• I echo Oldtimer's sentiments. Congrats to the Women Raiders for an exciting season! They can contend with any team in the league. Should be an exciting tournament.

Comment

• Well said, OT. Wish we could have that Cornell game back. Heartfelt congratulations to Yale on a program first.

OSU loss in OT may have bumped us up to No. 3 in PWR?

No. 8 Harvard @ No. 1 Yale
                No. 7 Princeton @ No. 2 Colgate
                No. 6. St. Lawrence @ No. 3 Quinnipiac
                No. 5 Cornell @ No. 4 Clarkson

New season begins Friday, best of three. SLU with a grueling road trip. Nothing is a given, but gotta say I like our chances with Princeton. Anyone else would make me nervous! Always sorry to see the 9-12 programs finish their seasons early. Congrats to Union on the most D1 wins and first win over a ranked team in program history.

Go ‘Gate!
                C O L G A T E
                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• No congratulations to Yale on USCHO women’s page, just more western conference news :-/
                  C O L G A T E
                  2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                  1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Originally posted by TchrBill View Post
                    No congratulations to Yale on USCHO women’s page, just more western conference news :-/
                    As has been discussed before, Nicole can easily attend and cover Wisconsin games, so games that happen in Madison become bonus coverage. Much of the rest of what happens around the country is covered in her Weekend Wrap; I'm sure Yale's title will be noted there.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Reilly, Seitz, Smigliani Named 2023 Mandi Schwartz Scholar-Athlete Award Finalists (ecachockey.com)

Comment

• from Colgate University. Free tix:
                        "Women’s Hockey
                        Second-seeded Colgate will host No. 7 Princeton in a best-of-three series for the ECAC Hockey quarterfinals this weekend. Admission is free for all fans. Game times are Friday at 6 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m., and if necessary, Sunday at 3 p.m. The winner goes on to the ECAC Hockey semifinals the following weekend."

Let's all turn out for our team!! Go 'Gate!

Comment

• Congrats to Princeton, they did exactly what they had to do. We need to be ready tomorrow or that could be the season as Princeton is unranked

Comment

• Hats off to Princeton. PPG, 17 blocked shots, overcame deficits twice. Better team today. Colgate can’t hold 2 leads or score an even strength goal, just sad. What a time to lay an egg. That’s playoff hockey. The series against OSU spoke volumes. The Buckeyes would not have lost this game. I doubt Yale would, either.
                            Last edited by TchrBill; 02-24-2023, 07:36 PM.
                            C O L G A T E
                            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                            1990 NCAA FINALS

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimer View Post
                              We need to be ready tomorrow or that could be the season as Princeton is unranked
                              Even if Princeton won tomorrow, Colgate likely would still be a top-four seed into NCAAs. Maybe there is a scenario where Northeastern would pass the Raiders, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Even if Princeton won tomorrow, Colgate likely would still be a top-four seed into NCAAs. Maybe there is a scenario where Northeastern would pass the Raiders, but I'm too lazy to look for it.
                                One scenario involves Colgate getting swept, Northeastern winning Hockey East, and Quinnipiac or Clarkson winning the ECAC. I'm not sure why Yale losing hurts Colgate's NPI, but it's significant.

Another is if Colgate does not make it to the ECAC final, and Wisconsin wins the WCHA. It doesn't matter who wins the ECAC; Minnesota and Wisconsin both finish ahead of Colgate.
                                Last edited by Still Eeyore; 02-25-2023, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X