No announcement yet.

World Championships: U18 and Women’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome to see Czechia in the semi but we are already in a 6-0 game after one period.

Knight with 2 goals in the game. The Bilka Knight chemistry keeps growing. Another Heise goal, Scamurra got one, Compher got one.... but I think Kessel narrowly scoring on a deke was my fave of the first.

Canada looked frustrated against Sweden in the quarter. Time is running out to get the scoring going.

Comment

• Muller can not catch a break at Worlds. Out with Covid. :-(

Not sure if she will be back tomorrow or not.

Comment

• The question seems obvious now after her Kazmaier season and this tournament...How was Heise not on the US Olympic team?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          The question seems obvious now after her Kazmaier season and this tournament...How was Heise not on the US Olympic team?
          I see what you’re saying. She is a great player, you can see it by watching the games. Incredibly smart on the ice, always moving. But NCAA aside, there shouldn’t be so much attention paid to stats (both USA and CAN) when you’re crushing teams by an 8 or 9 goal differential.
          Last edited by slapshot willy; 09-03-2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

The question seems obvious now after her Kazmaier season and this tournament...How was Heise not on the US Olympic team?
            Her 16 points in the 20-game Covid season didn't scream "gotta find a spot for her!" Even last season against the top opponents, she wasn't always consistent. She' have a dominant period in a lot of the games, and then the level would drop. Some games, that stretch was enough to win the game, and sometimes, it wasn't. Zum had the same issue, but she had the big shot and the ability to drive to the net that work well at the next level. I think Heise has the chance to be a more complete player, if she can put it all together.

It's funny how it works out in the international game. People like Cameranesi and Pannek have been more effective for Team USA than Brandt, although the latter had a far better NCAA career.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by slapshot willy View Post

I see what you’re saying. She is a great player, you can see it by watching the games. Incredibly smart on the ice, always moving. But NCAA aside, there shouldn’t be so much attention paid to stats (both USA and CAN) when you’re crushing teams by an 8 or 9 goal differential.
              It would be nice if there was a tool to filter down a players results to how they did against a specific team.

Comment

• Japan knocks off Finland in the 5th place game 1-0 (penalties) and takes the final Group A slot.

Finland is "relegated" to Group B.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• New broadcasting proposal: show the group B games and the games where Canada USa play each other.

this bronze game is great! 2-1 Czechia late in the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Japan knocks off Finland in the 5th place game 1-0 (penalties) and takes the final Group A slot.

Finland is "relegated" to Group B.
                    Apparently, this is not true.

Seedings are done by world rankings, not one tournament's results. Finland will remain in Group A.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Apparently, this is not true.

Seedings are done by world rankings, not one tournament's results. Finland will remain in Group A.
                      check Nicole Haase’s Twitter feed on this. Seems like there are a lot of questions about this. IIHF changing rules mid tourney or something.

Finland is now remaining in group A, not contradicting that, just noting the IIHF apparently doesn’t know their own
                      rules or something
                      Last edited by Lindsay; 09-04-2022, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                        check Nicole Haase’s Twitter feed on this. Seems like there are a lot of questions about this. IIHF changing rules mid tourney or something.

Finland is now remaining in group A, not contradicting that, just noting the IIHF apparently doesn’t know their own rules or something
                        Why am I not surprised?
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Canada 2 (Jenner x 2)
                          USA 1 (Coyne-Schofield)
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Congrats to Canada.

There was a play late in the third where Knight had a rebound backhand she didn’t finish and I thought, geez she doesn’t usually miss those.

On the replay though, it was clear Desbiens had got herself over there to make a play. It was foreshadowing of how Debiens would finish the game, guiding Canada to gold. She was amazing, despite a low shooting game.

Can’t wait to hear where in Canada the next worlds will be. Fingers crossed for Southern Ontario. :-)

Next thing to watch for is what both programs do with their contracts with the players. Cheering for all the women - they are amazing and critical to the growth of the women’s game.

Comment

My take is that she was a pretty good player before they selected that team and then as we occasionally see happen, over the last couple of years she got a lot better.
                              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

• Super shocking Japan beat Finland and the Czechia beat the Swiss. This is crazy talk; really unthinkable that Japan and Czechia can beat the northern European trio.

To think Canada kicked ARD to the curb. Watts a stupid deal, they don't deserve her.

I think MacLeod has to be in the discussion for a D1 coaching gig in the future.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X