This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

You are big time overreacting. Unsubstantiated transfer portal rumors are certainly not the highest quality content we get around here, but ultimately they aren't hurting anyone either. This tiff ain't worth the keystrokes, fellas. Just drop it.
    Posting that that Webster "was 'requested' to enter the portal by the coaching staff due to issues off the ice" defames her. It *clearly* harms her.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Posting that that Webster "was 'requested' to enter the portal by the coaching staff due to issues off the ice" defames her. It *clearly* harms her.
      An unsubstantiated rumor on a niche internet forum is a far cry from defamation. Rumors are gonna happen. Who cares if they're true or not. It's not the nicest thing to say, but I don't think Makenna Webster is out there relying on you to defend her honor. Didn't you say this fella posted that about Webster last off-season anyways? Old news at this point, and hardly worth bringing up again. She moved on and had a great season on a great team.

Comment

An unsubstantiated rumor on a niche internet forum is a far cry from defamation. Rumors are gonna happen. Who cares if they're true or not. It's not the nicest thing to say, but I don't think Makenna Webster is out there relying on you to defend her honor. Didn't you say this fella posted that about Webster last off-season anyways? Old news at this point, and hardly worth bringing up again. She moved on and had a great season on a great team.
        I posted links so whoever wants to read along can read along what was said and when. People can see for themselves how this has developed this time around.

Just because Webster herself isn't aware she was and is being defamed here does not make it OK for someone to defame her here. You can ignore it if you want; I will not.

Comment

• Well congratulations to the Badgers on their win.
          The sad part is we can't pick on TimothyA anymore until next season! (Wink)

Comment

LOL...This is like a gift that just keeps on giving.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

An unsubstantiated rumor on a niche internet forum is a far cry from defamation.
              No, it's not. It probably wouldn't allow you to sue for defamation, as there likely aren't any damages, but it's still defamation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

No, it's not. It probably wouldn't allow you to sue for defamation, as there likely aren't any damages, but it's still defamation.
                I see we have a lawyer in our midst.... Fair enough point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  Wait, what? Since when is that a thing? That's about all that I enjoy here in the offseason, now that Grant is no longer leading ice cream discussions. To Timothy's credit, he takes it with good nature, even though my schtick is as tired as those Watts/what's jokes.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Wait, what? Since when is that a thing? That's about all that I enjoy here in the offseason, now that Grant is no longer leading ice cream discussions. To Timothy's credit, he takes it with good nature, even though my schtick is as tired as those Watts/what's jokes.
                    Well I promised myself if we won I wouldn't troll Timothy but since we lost perhaps that promise doesn't apply?
                    I guess my only comfort at this point is Ohio State's men's team made the show and the Badgers didn't.
                    OSU and the Gophers making statements in their wins!

Comment

Well congratulations to the Badgers on their win.
                      Bring it my friends. I'll be throwing a lot of slow fastballs you can knock out of the park as usual.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well I promised myself if we won I wouldn't troll Timothy but since we lost perhaps that promise doesn't apply?
                        I guess my only comfort at this point is Ohio State's men's team made the show and the Badgers didn't.
                        OSU and the Gophers making statements in their wins!
                        And now Penn State.

Comment

And now Penn State.
                          In nine games across both tournaments, Big 10 teams have now outscored non-conference opponents 51-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post

In nine games across both tournaments, Big 10 teams have now outscored non-conference opponents 51-11.
                            WCHA women were undefeated vs the rest. The only games they lost were at the hands of another WCHA team.

Comment

• Cheese and rice. Meatchicken puts up 7 in the second period against Toothpaste. It's like the Big 10 men's teams are Bantams playing against Peewees.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• When I walked out of the media room after the first semifinal, there were 12 minutes until puck drop on the second semifinal. Needless to say, I spent a lot of the first two periods of the UW/UM game writing and didn't get to watch much, so went back and watched the game on ESPN+ this weekend.

There are a ton of individual performances to call out, but one name that got overshadowed in the heroics of that game is Vivian Jungels. She did so much great stuff that doesn't show up on a stat sheet but was so impactful. Her play was so smart and impressive, particularly from a freshman. She slowed down the game, held the puck and otherwise allowed her linemates to change more than a couple of times. She was absolutely brilliant on the backcheck, including on a breakaway. She just showed a really calm, settled demeanor and knowledge of the game and how things were going on the ice around her at all times. She is a major unsung hero of this season, stepping up when Buchbinder went down.
                                It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Working...
                                X