Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
    At least you got to play a couple of unfamiliar opponents. For UM, it's been SCSU, UMD, and tOSU all five times, St. Thomas six times, and now here comes UW for six. It would be nice to go to a national tournament and not feel like it is deja vu from October.
    I agree. The only way to cure this is only have UW and MN make it in from the wcha. But would they go out of thier way to have them play on the semis to avoid them playing each other in the title game?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• I'm waiting for my Dad to get medical procedure done....mega random thoughts post coming....

WI needs to watch film on Vetter and come up with a strategy to score on breakaways. They will get some, they will need to convert those top end chances.

Eden had that shorty breakaway and she had all day to make her moves and didn't score.

And PLEASE stay out of the box!!!! They played with fire against Colgate and somehow survived. It seems as though Simms has been good for 1 unnecessary dumb physical penalty per game lately. I like that edge but don't turn into Abby Murphy.

The Colgate game was wierd because they were so locked into high quality play less the start of the 2nd period. It was hard to comprehend how well they were playing based on the hanging on by a fingernail play against top opponents recently.

Its crazy to ponder having 4 offensive d next year with Potter and Murphy arriving. I suppose if CE comes back she'd bump Helgeson to 7. Its also interesting MJ has settled on the Fr d being paired, though I recall Bowlby and Buchbinder being paired as fr.

I am super happy for Kronish to get to play alot as a senior and get the start in the post season. I'm glad it has worked out.
      If she came back next year that would be interesting to say the least. McNaughton has been committed for like 10 years so I'm excited to see her play finally but Gervais has already proven to be a viable option in goal. If Kronish came back maybe McNaughton could redshirt, which also improves the gap between her and Gervais.

I'm not sure GS will be able to stay in the lineup with the quality fr f coming in if she wants to play a 5th year. It would be neat to see her get better quality playing time on another team.

Woz has been impressive the way shes played hard in limited opportunities with LE moving up in the lineup. She filled in great for Wheeler when she got injured.

LE is the most unique f I have seen play. Her skill set is one of a kind. It's been neat to watch those skills get put to use defensively. Her length and stride are very disruptive. It was funny watching 2 Colgate players run into her, bounce off her and fall down.
      Last edited by Timothy A; 03-14-2023, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I'm waiting for my Dad to get medical procedure done....mega random thoughts post coming....
        I hope things work out for your dad.
        Will this impede you going to Duluth?

Comment

This is a crazy stat. I suppose MN has a similar stat.
          Since the first tournament in 2001, including this year, MN has 15 frozen four appearances and WI has 14. That's out of 22 total tournaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            I hope things work out for your dad. Will this impede you going to Duluth?
            He had his throat stretched, so I mean you get put under so it's a big deal, but it not from what I understand a "big deal" like a heart condition etc.

I'm only going to Duluth for a WI title game. Friday just would not work with work. I'm also off next Thursday and Friday for a trip to Wichita, plus I blew a half day today so that's too many days off in a sort period of time. I'm of course I'm kinda bummed that I can't go up Friday and then come back Saturday (then go back up Sunday, would be trying to save $$ on hotel and meals). Not only was I wanting to watch UW dispatch the rodents, but I was hoping for a meet and greet with Muzzy and all you tOSU insiders. WINK. But maybe Muzzy won't be sticking around Saturday after playing NE. WINK WINK.

Comment

He had his throat stretched, so I mean you get put under so it's a big deal, but it not from what I understand a "big deal" like a heart condition etc.

I'm only going to Duluth for a WI title game. Friday just would not work with work. I'm also off next Thursday and Friday for a trip to Wichita, plus I blew a half day today so that's too many days off in a sort period of time. I'm of course I'm kinda bummed that I can't go up Friday and then come back Saturday (then go back up Sunday, would be trying to save $$ on hotel and meals). Not only was I wanting to watch UW dispatch the rodents, but I was hoping for a meet and greet with Muzzy and all you tOSU insiders. WINK. But maybe Muzzy won't be sticking around Saturday after playing NE. WINK WINK.
              Maybe you won't need to come to Duluth at all? Save your gas money for thinner for the off season doldrums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
                Maybe you won't need to come to Duluth at all? Save your gas money for thinner for the off season doldrums.
                At this point, I would call the season a success so no matter what the outcome so thinner won't be needed, making the ff saved the season. I'll be busy enough getting the boat ready for the fishing season, I have to put a new floor in our main bathroom yet and improve the dogs outdoor play area yet before camping and fishing starts. No doldrums for me.

Comment

• Keys to the game for WI.

1. Stick to stick breakout passes.
                  2. No crosschecking, checking, boarding, slashing penalties.
                  3. Don't be passive in N zone transition D.
                  4. Play strong in front of both nets.
                  5. Score on the breakaways.
                  6. D need to stay being aggressive in transition O. (but the F's need to beware to cover)
                  7. Don't dork around with the puck at the O blueline, get it deep.

Let's go RED!

Comment

Keys to the game for WI.

1. Stick to stick breakout passes.
                    2. No crosschecking, checking, boarding, slashing penalties.
                    3. Don't be passive in N zone transition D.
                    4. Play strong in front of both nets.
                    5. Score on the breakaways.
                    6. D need to stay being aggressive in transition O. (but the F's need to beware to cover)
                    7. Don't dork around with the puck at the O blueline, get it deep.

Let's go RED!
                    "Way too much for us to remember for 60 minutes!"
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      "Way too much for us to remember for 60 minutes!"
                      Badgers have bigger brains than rodents.

Comment

• Simply terrible in the first few minutes. Just godawful all around

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
                          Simply terrible in the first few minutes. Just godawful all around
                          Yeah that was a horrific start. It seemed to equalize after the power play a little bit. MN is quicker to the puck and quicker to close on the body. Wisconsin seems to be back to the old habit of passing to nobody or the opponent more than themselves.

Comment

Yeah that was a horrific start. It seemed to equalize after the power play a little bit. MN is quicker to the puck and quicker to close on the body. Wisconsin seems to be back to the old habit of passing to nobody or the opponent more than themselves.
                            In the 7-5 win at Ridder a month ago, Wisconsin trailed 2-0 early in the second period.

Comment

• Much better second period there. They did everything but score.

Comment

Much better second period there. They did everything but score.
                                Yeah, I was thinking if you're MJ, what do you tell them? Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe try to get to the net quicker. Three rebounds were right there waiting, but the Gophers got to them a fraction sooner.

Comment

Working...
                                X