Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post

Yes. D play with the 3rd line also.
    It wasn't a 3rd line D player; it was Simpson. So who the forwards were doesn't really enter ito it, does it?

Comment

• Do you think ESPN+ used up all their commercials during the first intermission?
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

It wasn't a 3rd line D player; it was Simpson. So who the forwards were doesn't really enter ito it, does it?
        Seriously?

Comment

Seriously?
          Yeah...

Unless you're keeping the plus/minus.

Comment

Yeah...

Unless you're keeping the plus/minus.
            Ok. If 4 d are playing which line are the d?

Comment

Ok. If 4 d are playing which line are the d?
              23rd

Comment

• Wisco up 3-1. Colgate’s top players still invisible. Poor coaching by Colgate on first goal putting the 4th line out when they haven’t played all post season. If Wisco holds on they deserve the win.

Comment

• Badgers WIN!!!!!
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Congrats to Wisco. Played excellent. Good luck going forward.

Comment

• So much for all of us who were predicting a quarter final exit. I don't mean to disrespect Colgate, because I do think they are a good team, but I think that was perhaps a favorable matchup for UW compared to some of the other possibilities.

I very much would like to go to the frozen four, but I don't want to use a day of PTO... and it's a six hour drive away... and I'd have to miss beer league next Friday night, which I always hate... and a semifinal loss to OSU or UM is probably the most likely outcome... so I probably won't make the trip. But it is tempting. It was a lot of fun when I went in 2018. The frozen four will be within driving distance again in two years, in the twin cities. So perhaps I'll just cross my fingers that UW qualifies again that year and go then....

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
                        So much for all of us who were predicting a quarter final exit. I don't mean to disrespect Colgate, because I do think they are a good team, but I think that was perhaps a favorable matchup for UW compared to some of the other possibilities.

I very much would like to go to the frozen four, but I don't want to use a day of PTO... and it's a six hour drive away... and I'd have to miss beer league next Friday night, which I always hate... and a semifinal loss to OSU or UM is probably the most likely outcome... so I probably won't make the trip. But it is tempting. It was a lot of fun when I went in 2018. The frozen four will be within driving distance again in two years, in the twin cities. So perhaps I'll just cross my fingers that UW qualifies again that year and go then....
                        They play Minnesota.

Because playing a team five times in a year just is not enough.

Comment

They play Minnesota.

Ah, I assumed incorrectly that they reseed for the frozen four. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

• The regular season was largely a disappointment. However with the talent on this roster you knew they were capable of playing well in the NCAAs. They were the best team in Hamilton by far as Colgate never sustained any constant pressure. Now the dreaded Gophers which is certainly a toss up. Anytime a season ends in the Frozen Four it is a good season. Now they have a chance to make it a special season.

Comment

At least you got to play a couple of unfamiliar opponents. For UM, it's been SCSU, UMD, and tOSU all five times, St. Thomas six times, and now here comes UW for six. It would be nice to go to a national tournament and not feel like it is deja vu from October.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                At least you got to play a couple of unfamiliar opponents. For UM, it's been SCSU, UMD, and tOSU all five times, St. Thomas six times, and now here comes UW for six. It would be nice to go to a national tournament and not feel like it is deja vu from October.
                                Or from a week ago. Maybe Q can pull off the upset.

Comment

Working...
                                X