This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    At least for the annual pass, it gets even better. You can get a Hockey Only pass which includes both WCHA Women's Hockey & B1G Men's Hockey. My annual subscription will renew shortly, as I purchased in time for the playoffs last year.

I have a vague recollection that I paid $59.95. So maybe it's an extra $10 to get both leagues. In any event, I found it to be a very good deal. Something I frequently used. I'm happy to let it renew.

FWIW, this comes from someone who is very reluctant to pay for ANY streaming service on top of my DirecTV subscription.
    Yes, the 59.95 is the fee for the hockey only pass for both men and women. As you say, a very good deal for a lot of games.

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Of course anyone can sign up for BTN-Plus, but not for free. They sell various types or levels of subscription - monthly vs annual, by school, by sport, and "all-access". You'd have to sign up for a month's worth of 'ice hockey', then cancel after the weekend, having paid for the month. (You could also watch the Big Ten men's tournament :-)
      Got it, I wasn't sure if it was the kind of thing that you could only access if you have a cable subscription. I have beer league on Friday night so I probably will only end up subscribing this weekend if the Badgers advance to the game on Saturday. But I definitely want to watch them in the NCAA tournament. I'll probably just do a monthly subscription for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

Got it, I wasn't sure if it was the kind of thing that you could only access if you have a cable subscription. I have beer league on Friday night so I probably will only end up subscribing this weekend if the Badgers advance to the game on Saturday. But I definitely want to watch them in the NCAA tournament. I'll probably just do a monthly subscription for now.
        I don't think there's any guarantee that BTN will have the rights. I have a copy of the first round game from last year, UW vs Clarkson played at Northeastern, and I'm 99% sure it was produced by the people who have the Hockey East rights, NESN.

I looked at the BTN archive I mentioned earlier, and BTN had the rights to the NCAA games played at Ohio State and Minneapolis, because they are there in the archive (with a designation of "free" next to them, BTW). Even Syracuse vs Quinnipiac, because it was played at Ohio State.

But that's the first weekend. The second weekend, played at Penn State's rink (which would normally also show up on BTN, because Penn State is a Big Ten school), none of those Final Four games is there. IIRC, ESPN has the rights to the Final Four right now; they definitely did in 2021.

The WCHA final four this weekend is definitely on the BTN-Plus schedule for this weekend. After that, I'm pretty sure the first weekend of the NCAAS will depend on who's home rink games are played at, and the Final Four is on ESPN somewhere (-U ow -2, etc).

Comment

• Lost in all of this other chatter is Woz scored twice last weekend with spot play. Awesome for her. My Wheeler anti-hex didn't work, but the Eden one did.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Did I never know, or did I somehow forget that former Badger (no such thing, btw) Kelly Nash is now the head coach at LIU? Yay, Kelly!

Now I have a rooting interest in NEWHA hockey, and will be just a bit conflicted if UW ends up playing LIU in the tournament. (Like when I see Jinny Zaugg on the St Could bench.)

Comment

• Decker has retired from hockey?! A part of me just died. Before the injury she was a top 6 F for team USA and one could argue she was the best F on the team. I wish her all the best and am excited to have her being UW's recruiting coordinator at SSM.

UW does have a legit chance of hoisting some hardware this weekend. Apparently the math says if UW beats the rodents today they have a slim shot at hosting a game next weekend with help from some eastern friends. I'm just glad UW is locked in, it was debatable a couple months ago that they were even going to get in. I'd hate to become the BC of the west (wink smiley face). Let's not make this a habit ladies.

Let go RED!
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Beer league is not until 8 tonight so I can watch the game! The commentator just said that Minnesota has seven national championships and Wisconsin six. Bite me, Mr. commentator, both teams have six.

Comment

Beer league is not until 8 tonight so I can watch the game! The commentator just said that Minnesota has seven national championships and Wisconsin six. Bite me, Mr. commentator, both teams have six.
                  The play-by-play guy is a long time Madison TV sports anchor at the local CBS station (and actually a friend of a friend) Jay Wilson. He's including a pre-NCAA championship in Minnesota's total.

The analyst is former Badger player Annie Pankowski.

Comment

The play-by-play guy is a long time Madison TV sports anchor at the local CBS station (and actually a friend of a friend) Jay Wilson. He's including a pre-NCAA championship in Minnesota's total.

The analyst is former Badger player Annie Pankowski.
                    It still pains me that none of those Pankowski/Emily Clark era teams ever managed a championship. They were tons of fun to watch. I drove to the Twin Cities to watch the 2018 frozen four and I still have nightmares about that double OT loss to Colgate.

That was a terrible first period. Badgers not remotely on the same level as the Gophers so far, and they should thank their lucky stars that they are only down by 1.

Comment

It still pains me that none of those Pankowski/Emily Clark era teams ever managed a championship.
                      Pankowski/Clark won in 2019.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Substitute DesBiens and Nurse into his post.

(should we post video of Pankowski's goal in the 2019 final for him? I'm sure Gopher fans would love to see it again. :-)
                        Last edited by robertearle; 03-03-2023, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Pankowski blossomed and played great her senior year, and Pannek tanked. To me, that was the difference between the Badgers and Gophers that year.

Comment

(should we post video of Pankowski's goal in the 2019 final for him? I'm sure Gopher fans would love to see it again. :-)
                            It's your thread; suit yourself.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Ah, I had to move away from Madison very unexpectedly and on fairly short notice in September 2018. So I kind of lost track of the team for a few years. I knew they won in 2019 and 2021, but I thought that Pankowski and Clark graduated in 2018. I am delighted to be corrected here

Comment

Ah, I had to move away from Madison very unexpectedly and on fairly short notice in September 2018. So I kind of lost track of the team for a few years. I knew they won in 2019 and 2021, but I thought that Pankowski and Clark graduated in 2018. I am delighted to be corrected here
                                UW was up 1-0 in the 2019 final, vs Minnesota, when Wisconsin had to kill a penalty later on in the second period. (Corrected) Just before the penalty was over, Pankowsk stole a pass in center ice, skated in and flipped a backhand shot past the MN goalie. It wasn't the game winner, but it "clinched" the win. If they're going to show one highlight of that game, it's Pankowsk's goal.
                                Last edited by robertearle; 03-03-2023, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X