Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WI is going nowhere if they can't control the number shots against top end teams. This is crazy. So unwisconsinlike.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Kronish it is. Let's goooo!

Comment

• Don't think I saw the 4th line out there yesterday.

Comment

• Eden is very systematic in her end of warm ups routine.

Comment

• No 4-0 lead, but I'm pretty happy with how UW looked in the first. Both teams looked pretty good I thought.

Comment

• UW still looking strong through two. Not the greatest last few minutes of the period, but on the whole I think they've been the better team today. Several chances that they've just barely missed on.

Comment

• The results of the two games notwithstanding, I thought today was a much stronger effort from the Badgers. That said, their inability to maintain a lead is utterly baffling. As soon as they went up in the third period, they stopped doing all of the things that had made them effective up to that point in the game. And then lazy play and a bad penalty in the defensive zone to set up the power play for the tying goal. Just awful.

I thought the challenge for the handpass on the go ahead goal should have succeeded. It sure looked to me like the OSU player played it with her hand along the boards before the goal, but they never showed a replay of that moment in the arena so I'm not certain.

Comment

• I thought the Badgers controlled many aspects of the game. Winning the board battles, not letting the Buckeyes shoot the puck deep, getting through the neutral zone and cycling the puck easily in our zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post

I thought the challenge for the handpass on the go ahead goal should have succeeded. It sure looked to me like the OSU player played it with her hand along the boards before the goal, but they never showed a replay of that moment in the arena so I'm not certain.
                    If it is just before the goal, it happened along the near boards to the main camera position (and to where I sit), and you can't see hands or the puck, etc., on the video. You'd need a 'opposite side' camera that shows what can be seen from the bench side of the ice, and they don't have those at LaBahn. Or maybe that camera in the corner (near the Dippin' Dots stand - what a way to describe the position :-) and BTN didn't show that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

If it is just before the goal, it happened along the near boards to the main camera position (and to where I sit), and you can't see hands or the puck, etc., on the video. You'd need a 'opposite side' camera that shows what can be seen from the bench side of the ice, and they don't have those at LaBahn. Or maybe that camera in the corner (near the Dippin' Dots stand - what a way to describe the position :-) and BTN didn't show that one.
                      Yeah it happened along the boards on the west side of the rink. I was sitting in the east stands right at center ice so I had a good view of it. I didn't give it much of a second thought when it happened in real time, but when they announced the challenge I thought to myself "I think this challenge should succeed, but I'm not sure if they have a camera angle which will show it clearly." Oh well, I guess.
                      Last edited by wiscolorado; 02-19-2023, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Grant has his Pairwise Predictor up and running (thanks again to him) and it confirms what I realized was a possibility this morning:

If the whole rest of all the tournaments go as expected - higher seeds win - except Wisconsin beats Minn in the WCHA semis and Northeastern gets beat by Vermont in HE final, Wisconsin gets #4 seed and home ice.

I expect there are multiple other combinations that get you there, but that's a really simple one.

Comment

• I think it's a bit ironic that some forum members gave us attitude when we didn't like the penalty shot call and now the shoe is on the other foot with the mythical "hand pass"! LOL
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-19-2023, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I thought the Badgers controlled many aspects of the game. Winning the board battles, not letting the Buckeyes shoot the puck deep, getting through the neutral zone and cycling the puck easily in our zone.
                            Yup. I also thought that the Wisonsin's forecheck was more effective than Ohio State's today. That's a real rarity for this Buckeye team. Kudos to the Badgers for the fine effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              I think it's a bit ironic that some forum members gave us attitude when we didn't like the penalty shot call and now the shoe is on the other foot with the mythical "hand pass"! LOL
                              That didn't happen in this thread that I saw but if you want to be a sore winner about today's result then sure go off I guess.

Comment

• I couldn't be more proud of how the team played today. They played their best game of the season against the toughest team of the season. Until today I really didn't know if they had it what it takes to make some noise in the ncaa's. They just hadn't put together a complete game against a top 10 team. Today they did. The compete level was just phenomenal today. That complete level really showed in the amount of shots they allowed today. Just fantastic. They now have a blueprint to follow where they can win any game they play the rest of the season. On Wisconsin!

Comment

Working...
                                X