Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the Badgers looked a little slow in the first five minutes of the first period. The next fifteen minutes, however, were quite a lot of fun.

Perhaps that period was an anomaly, but OSU is going nowhere in a hurry with that kind of goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
      Perhaps that period was an anomaly, but OSU is going nowhere in a hurry with that kind of goaltending.
      Very true...

At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• The Badgers are lucky they only got scored on twice in the second. They need to be tighter defensively in the third to close this one out.

When they waved off the goal, the ref described it as she had directed the puck with her foot. He did not say that she kicked it. I thought you could redirect the puck with your foot, but not kick it. They did show one replay in the arena, but I didn't get a good enough look at it to see if it she kicked it or not. So I'm not sure what to make of that one, and I wish I could see the replay again.

Comment

When they waved off the goal, the ref described it as she had directed the puck with her foot. He did not say that she kicked it. I thought you could redirect the puck with your foot, but not kick it. They did show one replay in the arena, but I didn't get a good enough look at it to see if it she kicked it or not. So I'm not sure what to make of that one, and I wish I could see the replay again.
          The foot being referred to was the player climbing over the boards getting off the ice on the change. The puck hit her skate after the player changing with her played played the puck with her stick. Not a too many players offense, but illegal in the same sense as playing the puck with a high stick.

Comment

• That was a major choke job by the sinners to let the Yuckeye tie the game...

And the Sinners get a little redemption with a penalty shot win in OT.
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-18-2023, 05:20 PM.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnOTB View Post
              The foot being referred to was the player climbing over the boards getting off the ice on the change. The puck hit her skate after the player changing with her played played the puck with her stick. Not a too many players offense, but illegal in the same sense as playing the puck with a high stick.
              Thank you for clarifying - that was not at all clear to me in real time.

Comment

• Well the Badgers got the win. I can only imagine how much butt pucker TimothyA had when the Buckeyes tied it at 5 apiece. (Big Grin)

Comment

• A win is a win but I can't say that I feel that great about how that one played out. The Badgers were outplayed from the beginning of the second period on; it really looked like they phoned it in after going up 4-0. You just can't feel good about giving up a four goal lead.

The OSU captain was really on the refs at the end, before the penalty shot and then again after. I'm not sure what she was on about, the replay made it pretty clear that an OSU player had covered the puck in the crease.
                  Last edited by wiscolorado; 02-18-2023, 06:44 PM.

Comment

The Badgers were outplayed from the beginning of the second period on; it really looked like they phoned it in after going up 4-0.
                    Apparently, the Badgers can either score, or they can hold a lead, but they can't do both in the same game.

Comment

• I imagine tomorrow the Buckeye's will playing with a massive chip on their shoulders with some serious attitude.

Comment

• Man, you guys are hard to please! A couple weeks ago, they're getting shut out by St. Cloud, and now they're beating Minn and Ohio St. And with an outside chance (very outside) for home ice for NCAAs. I feel great about how they're playing right now.

Comment

• I sure would like to know which Wisconsin player had the puck on thier stick during the penalty kill and just sat on it forever and did not clear the zone which led to the OSU powerplay goal. Inexcusable mistake. Don't play cute, just make the simple play.

I think Kronish wants two of those back. Give Gervais a shot tomorrow.

Mark Johnson was lighting up a ludwig between the 2nd and 3rd periods. The other ref had to pull ludwig back from the boards when they were having a heated conversation to separate them.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I sure would like to know which Wisconsin player had the puck on thier stick during the penalty kill and just sat on it forever and did not clear the zone which led to the OSU powerplay goal. Inexcusable mistake. Don't play cute, just make the simple play.

I think Kronish wants two of those back. Give Gervais a shot tomorrow.

Mark Johnson was lighting up a ludwig between the 2nd and 3rd periods. The other ref had to pull ludwig back from the boards when they were having a heated conversation to separate them.
                            If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was Compher ... who also scored two goals. So... what are gonna do?

Last edited by robertearle; 02-18-2023, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was Compher ... who also scored two goals. So... what are gonna do?
                              For her of all people to do that....come on Jes! She finally had the game I was looking for, besides that.

Very surprised to see the 2 freshmen defensemen start.
                              Last edited by Timothy A; 02-19-2023, 08:04 AM.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                ... And with an outside chance (very outside) for home ice for NCAAs...
                                A 'new' thought occurs to me about this this morning:

I've been paying attention to the NPI rankings and ignoring the Pairwise, because in just about all cases, the NPI decides the individual Pairwise comparisons, and the NPI and Pairwise end up 'agreeing' in the order of the teams' ranking. But....

If you look at the rankings as they are this morning, Colgate is just ahead of Minnesota for third, and Minnesota is a good deal ahead of Wisconsin for fourth, and for the last slot for home ice. Right now (even though the USCHO page of underlying head-to-head comparisons looks to be very out-of-date, aka wrong) Minnesota wins the Pairwise head-to-head over Wisconsin based on a better 'common opponents' record (I assume) and a better NPI, even though Wisconsin is 'plus 2' on head-to-head games played.

If Wisconsin were to beat Minnesota one more time in the WCHA tournament, they'd go to 'plus 3' in the head-to-head, and win the Pairwise comparison, regardless of NPI or 'common opponents'. And if the Pairwise/NPI were to otherwise end up like it is right now - Minnesota 4th in NPI and Wisconsin 5th - flipping that head-to-head would give Wisconsin 4th in the Pairwise, and presumably home ice.

LOTS of ifs there: Colgate would have to stay ahead of Minn in the rankings, Wisconsin would have to stay ahead of Northeastern, and Wisconsin would have to play and beat Minn in the WCHA tournament. But it is a path to home ice that doesn't depend on Wisconsin catching Minn or Colgate in NPI.

Comment

Working...
                                X