Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found TimothyA on the interwebs...Or at the very least, what the future holds for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AHezdOHlfo
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      I think I found TimothyA on the interwebs...Or at the very least, what the future holds for him.

If I would only be so lucking to turn out like that guy. A guy can hope, eh?

So is it safe to say that Kronish is the starter going forward? I wasn't really impressed with those last 2 goals that she allowed against the rodents. I don't know if she was physically worn out? She did mention something about being tired on a game 2 on interview one time.
      Last edited by Timothy A; 02-15-2023, 10:07 AM.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

If I would only be so lucking to turn out like that guy. A gut can hope, eh?
        This is why you are one of my favorite posters. Of course since there are only 17 of us I don't know if that is saying much...

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        So is it safe to say that Kronish is the starter going forward? I wasn't really impressed with those last 2 goals that she allowed against the rodents. I don't know if she was physically worn out? She did mention something about being tired on a game 2 on interview one time.
        Kronish was better than the Tunneler goalie so there is that...

Comment

This is why you are one of my favorite posters. Of course since there are only 17 of us I don't know if that is saying much...
          I'm guessing that he's the only one of the 17 that all of the other 16 could name; by far the most memorable.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I'm guessing that he's the only one of the 17 that all of the other 16 could name;
            listing the mythical "17"...That could be interesting.

Comment

I think I found TimothyA on the interwebs...Or at the very least, what the future holds for him.

That is hilarious! 10 out of 10 for this find.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

That is hilarious! 10 out of 10 for this find.
                His name is Charlie Berens. He's actually fairly well-known, at least in Wisconsin. Comedian, author, podcast host, "The Manitowoc Minute" on the internet. He actually gave the commencement address at Wisconsin's graduation in December

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  His name is Charlie Berens. He's actually fairly well-known, at least in Wisconsin. Comedian, author, podcast host, "The Manitowoc Minute" on the internet. He actually gave the commencement address at Wisconsin's graduation in December
                  Of course Robert who knows just about anything knows about this guy. Smileyface.

I feel kinda dirty with ARM and FHF talking nice about me. Wink

I would love to hear Patricio's take on the last series.

I am concerned about Kronish and the back to backs. She's just not used to it. Maybe Gervais plays a game the next 2 weekends to keep her fresh for the big WCHA FF and the ncaa's. Or you play her all the games conditioning her for the back to backs. Gervais has been great expect for the oops against St. Cloud. One bad play does not define a season.

Comment

• The "Five Things To Know..." article about this weekend lists the players being recognized for 'Senior Day', and sadly, the list is longer than I might have expected it to be.

Among those listed are three who I'm pretty sure would have eligibility for 2023-24, but are apparently choosing to not use: Cam Kronish, Grace Shirley, and (most surprising to me) Chayla Edwards.

We're reaching the far end of the "COVID year" era, and I know that in volleyball - a 'headcount' sport that doesn't allow partial scholarships - some schools have run into scholarship 'crunches', where there are just too many student-athletes you'd like to keep but can't manage scholarship money for, given numbers of incoming freshmen, etc., such that big-name players are moving through the portal to use their final year at a 'new' school. (Or maybe some of them - like Kronish - are saying 'five years of college is enough' :-)

But more 'goodbyes' this weekend than i thought there might be :-(
                    Last edited by robertearle; 02-16-2023, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Some student athletes choose to go through the ceremony if they're not yet sure about returning. And in terms of coming back, it has to make sense in terms of their studies. If there isn't a course of study available that will profit her in the future, then she has to start thinking about what's next.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Some student athletes choose to go through the ceremony if they're not yet sure about returning. And in terms of coming back, it has to make sense in terms of their studies. If there isn't a course of study available that will profit her in the future, then she has to start thinking about what's next.
                        Or they end up in a grad program somewhere else if UW doesn't have a good fit.

With Murphy and Potter coming in, UW still has 6 D who can play every game plus a hopefully improved Toft, though I'm not sure who she can beat out.

I don't think GS was going to beat out Vasseur, Gorbatenko or Hall, so she'd be the 13th F.

I'm the most surprised by Kronish, though Gervais has earned half the starts this season, and with McNaughton coming in next year, maybe she passes them both.

I wouldn't be shocked if Kronsih and Edwards end up out east closer to home for grad studies.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          He actually gave the commencement address at Wisconsin's graduation in December
                          Here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiFxpTTjRHU

Comment

• I believe Sophie Shirley did Senior Day last year then came back, so hopefully Edwards returns for a 5th year

Comment

• Originally posted by UW2005 View Post
                              I believe Sophie Shirley did Senior Day last year then came back, so hopefully Edwards returns for a 5th year
                              Wishful thinking? :-)

No, SS wasn't part of last year's Senior Day.

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2022/2/9/...of-season.aspx

Comment

• Did the Tunnelers wake up a sleeping giant? The sinners are having no trouble scoring goals now. Up 3-0 so far in the first period.

Wow...Yuckeyes getting pounded. 4-0 now. Still in the first period.
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-18-2023, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X