Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Badger fan in MN is off to the game (and tomorrow's too). Go Badgers.

Comment

• Different lines......

Wheeler ob ss
      curl Compher le
      Enright simms eden
      Woz Picard gs

Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ndodge View Post
        This Badger fan in MN is off to the game (and tomorrow's too). Go Badgers.
        Make some noise!!!! Let go RED!

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          Tonight is on Bally Sports Wisconsin 'Extra' (channel 682 on Charter/Spectrum in Madison, though the guide on the cable box has it listed at the wrong time), and tomorrow is on regular BTN.

(I didn't realize it until seeing tweets just now, but it is UW vs Minnesota everywhere this weekend: women's hockey, men's hockey, women basketball, men basketball, even wrestling.)
          As I had noted, the cable guide had the wrong start time listed. So far, the game is NOT on Bally's WI Extra channel. It will interesting to see what happens at 7 PM, when they do have the game listed.

--------------

Bally is showing the men's UW vs Minn, despite what the UW web page says.
          Last edited by robertearle; 02-11-2023, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• That 3rd period was really bad with the game on the line. They were lucky to escape with the tie. Since you can't decline a penalty, I think when an opponent takes a penalty a Badger player should just punch them in the face so they get matched up every time since they are so bad on the pp.

Hopefully the shootout win gives them a little more juice and confidence and positivity and they can convert that into a full 60 minute great game today.

Comment

• Coming back with Kronish tonight.

Comment

• WOW! Curl blatantly tripped and goes sliding hard into the Gophers net and NO CALL.
                I'M BLIND, I'M DEAF, I WANNA BE A REF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  WOW! Curl blatantly tripped and goes sliding hard into the Gophers net and NO CALL.
                  Bit of a turning point in the game it turned out to be. Highly entertaining game after that silly call. Both LEs looking good out there today! Awesome to see women’s hockey on tv …

Edit:
                  oh wait I’m talking about the dive they called on Heise (but first called on Murphy) that actually looked like a trip by a Badger

Comment

WOW! Curl blatantly tripped and goes sliding hard into the Gophers net and NO CALL.
                    I think the non-call on that obvious trip was a makeup for the Heise dive call. That play wasn't a trip and wasn't a dive, it was just good positioning by Curl.

O'Brien being checked into the boards should have been a five minute, like the cross-check delivered by Simms was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      oh wait I'm talking about the dive they called on Heise (but first called on Murphy) that actually looked like a trip by a Badger
                      She left her feet completely on her own, a dive all the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

She left her feet completely on her own, a dive all the way.
                        I mean that Curl left her nowhere to skate. She didn't do it in an attempt to draw the penalty, she just had no other choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          O'Brien being checked into the boards should have been a five minute, like the cross-check delivered Simmsrramawardet was.ws
                          I didn't think either girl went into the boards hard enough to warrant 5 minutes but yes, since the Gophers were awarded 5 the Badgers should have had the same.

Comment

I didn't think either girl went into the boards hard enough to warrant 5 minutes but yes, since the Gophers were awarded 5 the Badgers should have had the same.
                            I would have liked both penalties to be be 5-minute majors. I never like that the difference is how hard the player hit goes into the boards which could result in a very serious injury.

And the reffing tonight has been atrocious. Curl was definitely tripped and Murphy was blatantly checked at the end of a period are just 2 examples.

Comment

• Whiffing on the clear was costly.

Comment

• Not saying anything bold when I say this is easily the best the Badgers have looked against a 'good' team all year.

Comment

Working...
                                X