This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post

You forgot that Timothy was unwilling to go to Lindenwood in 2017 when the Badgers lost to Clarkson. He was afraid his team wouldn't make it to the finals, so he stayed at home. Come on Timothy! Just go and experience good hockey! The best team will win. If your team, great. If not, back to the thinner.
    IIRC, he couldn't get there for Friday vs BC because of work, but drove down for Sunday vs Clarkson.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

IIRC, he couldn't get there for Friday vs BC because of work, but drove down for Sunday vs Clarkson.
      That could be correct. I remember him hemming and hawing about going down at all. I'm sure I teased him about that at the time(under a different user name). Maybe that's why he went?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamboat View Post
        I remember him hemming and hawing about going down at all.
        He's done that for just about every series/tourney in Minneapolis. To that point, he's not wrong about the traffic; I can't get to these 6 o'clock Friday games on time of late. As for Duluth being easier, that is very true, right up until the roads are bad, and then driving those hills can get interesting. Not that you have to do much of that to get to AMSOIL.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by steamboat View Post

you forgot that timothy was unwilling to go to lindenwood in 2017 when the badgers lost to clarkson. He was afraid his team wouldn't make it to the finals, so he stayed at home. Come on timothy! Just go and experience good hockey! The best team will win. If your team, great. If not, back to the thinner.
          lol!!

Comment

Winner Winner chicken dinner! Steamboat doesn't want to let the facts get in the way of ripping someone. The minute UW scored in the semi's I was booking the hotel in St. Louis I had scouted out. We rolled into the hotel around 8pm Saturday. Took a nice walk down by the river after breakfast in the am and got to see all the drug paraphernalia laying around and where some homeless people were staying. Pretty symbolic of how I felt after the game.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Winner Winner chicken dinner! Steamboat doesn't want to let the facts get in the way of ripping someone. The minute UW scored in the semi's I was booking the hotel in St. Louis I had scouted out. We rolled into the hotel around 8pm Saturday. Took a nice walk down by the river after breakfast in the am and got to see all the drug paraphernalia laying around and where some homeless people were staying. Pretty symbolic of how I felt after the game.
              I walked the whole way back from the arena to 'downtown' St Charles along the riverside path after the semis. I remember one point where I had to go through a sort-of underpass tunnel thing - not alongside a road, just the walkway went through the tunnel. I don't 'scare' easy, and I was pretty hesitant to go through it.

One big difference between driving from Madison to St Charles vs to Columbus (besides the extra three hours of distance): to get to St Charles, you don't get anywhere near Chicago and Chicago traffic (and tolls.)
              Last edited by robertearle; 01-13-2023, 03:50 PM.

Comment

The game is on the Bally Sports WI main channel and not the Plus channel, so I am expecting perfect video quality. I presume they bring in their own equipment.
                Sadly, no.

Comment

The game is on the Bally Sports WI main channel and not the Plus channel, so I am expecting perfect video quality. I presume they bring in their own equipment.
                  I'm a little puzzled, the game was indeed on BTN+
                  Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-13-2023, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I'm a little puzzled, the was indeed on BTN+
                    It was also on Bally, but they just used the BTN-Plus video, and announcers. Single camera looking through the netting was no better on my TV than it is on my PC screen.

Comment

It was also on Bally, but they just used the BTN-Plus video, and announcers. Single camera looking through the netting was no better on my TV than it is on my PC screen.
                      Sadly not much can be done as the camera is at the top of the bleachers and the bleachers don't reached above the netting or glass. But they could add cameras in the corners but for some reason don't.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-13-2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post

Sadly not much can be done as the camera is at the top of the bleachers and the bleachers don't reached above the netting or glass. But they could add cameras in the corners but for some reason don't.
                        Funny you should say that...

Just now I was looking at the UW team twitter account, and somebody commented (direct quote) "Hey BTN+ ever think of doing telecasts from [the bench/press box] side of the rink instead of the huge oversize lunchlady hairnet end to end side of the ice? Sheesh"

She makes a VERY good point.

Comment

• I've also had the thought about placing the camera in the press box but they're pretty cramped in there as it is.
                          There is another forum member who would have the best insight on the press box idea if he'd choose to comment.
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-13-2023, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Wisconsin had plenty of golden chances to score and just failed to do so.

Comment

Sadly, no.
                              It was really hard to see the puck on the far side of the rink through that stupid net.

Comment

Wisconsin had plenty of golden chances to score and just failed to do so.
                                There were a few dingers for sure but I was amazed they didn't score on the multiple 2 & 3 on ones they had (not that I'm complaining)

Comment

Working...
                                X